Moretti's Mock take 2

moretti19

Greenbay beats Arizona and then loses the rest finishing 5-10-1 earing the 8th pick overall.

The Saints lose to the Rams in the Superbowl giving us the 31st pick.

Head Coach:

Pete Carmichael: Pete Carmichael, offensive coordinator, New Orleans Saints. It's Sean Payton's offense, but Carmichael is a valued assistant and deserves some of the credit for the Saints' high-level success.

r125290_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=570

Re Sign:

Wilkerson

Kendricks

Breeland

Mathews

Gilbert

Free Agents

Frank Clark: Defensive End Seattle

r444087_600x600_1-1.jpg

Karl Joseph: I am predicting the Raiders will let him go after the season

sjm-raiders-1010-116.jpg?w=515

Tre Boston

16877.png&w=350&h=254

Draft:

1st.

Kentucky_logo.gif Josh Allen, 3-4OLB, Kentucky 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 250. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.60. 
Projected Round (2019): 1. 

11/17/18: Allen has been tremendous thus far in 2018. He looks heavier, stronger, and more well-rounded. In 2018, Allen has 59 tackles with 15.5 tackles for a loss, 11 sacks, five forced fumbles and four passes batted. 

Allen was phenomenal against Florida, leading Kentucky to snap its 31-game losing streak to the Gators. He dominated Gators left tackle Martez Ivey in the pass rush and made two superb downfield pass breakups, including a critical two-point conversion attempt. After that, Allen was superb to lead Kentucky over Missouri, Mississippi State and South Carolina. 

josh-allen-kentucky.jpg?itok=GHDD3QJb

1st from Saints.

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/MississippiState_logo.gif

MississippiState_logo.gif Jeffery Simmons*, DT, Mississippi State 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 301. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.95. 
Projected Round (2019): Top-25. 

11/17/18: Simmons has 48 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss and two passes batted on the season. He has played well despite facing a ton of double teams. 

This season in the Hot Press, we reported how one team's scout said they were going to fight for Simmons in pre-draft meetings after doing their research into the background of Simmons. They said that the staff at Mississippi State and contacts at his hometown town speak highly of Simmons. He will have a lot of scrutiny because of a tape of him in a street fight, but there is no doubt that Simmons is a top-20 talent for the NFL. If team evaluators are comfortable with Simmons off the field, that could send his stock soaring high into the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft. 

636157831738346973-2016-EB--472.jpg?widt

2nd.

Michigan_logo.gif Chase Winovich, 3-4OLB, Michigan 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 258. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.70. 
Projected Round (2019): 2-3. 

11/17/18: In 2018, Winovich has 49 tackles with 12 for a loss, four sacks and a pass batted. He dominated Notre Dame to open the season. All night, Winovich showed serious speed off the edge with the athleticism to dip underneath blockers and the strength to fight off the hands of blockers. Winovich is able to use his hands and feet at the same time while seeing the field well. With his non-stop motor, Winovich pursues plays all over the field. His physical look and style of play resembles Packers linebacker Clay Matthews. Sources are projecting Winovich to the second day of the 2019 NFL Draft. 

8/29/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Winovich checks in at 6-foot-2, 258 pounds with 31.88-inch arms, 10-inch hands, and a wingspan of 78.63 inches. They him running the 40-yard dash in 4.70 secon

michigan-cincinnati-0886.jpg?w=1000&h=60

3rd

Florida_logo.gif Jawaan Taylor*, OT, Florida 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 340. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.35. 
Projected Round (2019): 2-4. 

11/10/18: Aside from a few plays each game, Taylor has been solid for the Gators. He is steady in pass protection and is a tough run blocker. Taylor might be wise to return for his senior year and switch to left tackle to replace Martez Ivey. If Taylor handles left tackle well in 2019, he could put himself in early-round contention for the 2020 NFL Draft. 

8/28/18: Taylor played right tackle for the Gators last year and has impressed some team evaluators. "Taylor at Florida is very talented with size, movement skills, and strength," said one scout. "His stock could boom with a strong season. He needs to be more consistent though." In the final two games of the 2017 season, Taylor started at left tackle for Florida. If he can't play on the blind side, he could be a guard or right tackle in the NFL.
749c1a36120742036c3db455b5c6b19c.jpg

4th

UCLA_logo.gif Caleb Wilson*, TE, UCLA 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 235. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.69. 
Projected Round (2019): 2-3. 

11/3/18: Wilson has 34 catches for 479 yards and a touchdown this season. 

8/28/18: Wilson was phenomenal in 2017 as the most reliable receiving threat for Josh Rosen. Prior to a season-ending foot injury, Wilson had 38 receptions for 490 yards and one touchdown. He was instrumental in the legendary comeback over Texas A&M, hauling in 15 passes for 208 yards in that game. Wilson is a quick tight end who runs good routes and is dangerous as a run-after-the-catch threat. As a freshman in 2016, he had 16 catches for 220 yards.

caleb-wilson-ucla-texas-am-2017.jpg

4th redskins

MichiganState_logo.gif David Dowell*, S, Michigan State 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 191. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.54. 
Projected Round (2019): 3-4. 

11/10/18: Dowell has 43 tackles with one interception and one pass broken up thus far this season. 

8/29/18: Michigan State has been a factory for NFL defensive backs, and Dowell could keep that tradition going. In his first year as a starter, Dowell was impressive with five interceptions, four passes broken up and 52 tackles. Adding some strength to his frame to tackle for the NFL will be necessary for him as an upperclassman.

636454822281501324-AP-17308774438722.jpg

5th:

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Oklahoma_logo.gif

Oklahoma_logo.gif Rodney Anderson*, RB, Oklahoma 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 219. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.50. 
Projected Round (2019): 4-6. 

11/3/18: Anderson totaled 119 yards in 2018 on 11 carries with two touchdowns before suffering a season-ending knee injury. He has declared for the 2019 NFL Draft. 

8/28/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Anderson checks in at 6-foot-1, 219 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in 4.50 seconds. The durability concerns are going to kill his draft grade, and some teams may flunk him medically as he has had three season ending injuries in four years.

5a4ac8c77c42e.image.jpg

6th:

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/BYU_logo.gif

BYU_logo.gif Ului Lapuaho, OT, BYU 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 355. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.30. 
Projected Round (2019): 4-6. 

11/10/18: Lapuaho has been mostly a backup and rotational player owing to his slow recovery from knee surgeries in 2016 and 2017. He feels that he is almost back to being the impressive player who was a force at the point of attack for BYU in 2015 and 2016. Because of medical concerns, it is hard to see Lapuaho going any higher than the third day of the 2019 NFL Draft. 

8/28/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Lapuaho checks in at 6-foot-6, 355 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in 5.10 seconds. His other measurements include 35.38-inch arms, 10.38-inch hands, and an 82.63-inch wing span. 

Screen-Shot-2017-11-10-at-7.43.27-AM.png

7th:

TexasAM_logo.gif Kingsley Keke, 3-4DE, Texas A&M 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 305. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.24. 
Projected Round (2019): 5-7. 

11/17/18: Keke has 38 tackles with six sacks, 8.5 tackles for a loss and one forced fumble so far this season. 

8/29/18: In 2017, Keke totaled 54 tackles with 2.5 tackles for a loss and one sack. He is a quality run defender who showed more pass-rush potential as a sophomore with four sacks.

Kingsley+Keke+Texas+v+Mississippi+State+
Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019DE3-4.php#ixzz5Y9wPE7uQ

I like the important parts of this. I don't know much about Winovich at this point but I like the positions. I think it is a bit overkill to sign Frank Clark and use 2 of our top 3 picks on the edge with us keeping Perry and Fackrell. I would really love to add someone on offense who is a scheme buster, but understand that won't be in everyone's mocks. 

9 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I like the important parts of this. I don't know much about Winovich at this point but I like the positions. I think it is a bit overkill to sign Frank Clark and use 2 of our top 3 picks on the edge with us keeping Perry and Fackrell. I would really love to add someone on offense who is a scheme buster, but understand that won't be in everyone's mocks. 

Shoot, I need to edit it. Was suppose to cut Perry prior to the June first date.

Well even if we keep him he could be a rotation player like Peppers was. For the 3.5 I’ll just leave it and we keep him as a situational rusher. We turn a position of weakness into a streangth and the entire defense benefits due to pass rush. Also let me add that I still don’t think highly of Fackrell at all. Almost all his sacks are coverage sacks.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Needs more domestic abusers!!!

Also Chase Winnovich low key sucks and definitely doesn't fit.

:)

I'm reading this thing backwards.....catch the first statement...smile and think to myself: " I bet I know who's he's referring to...."

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why go through so much effort if you don't really know the players?

I like following the process and reading about the prospects. Being in the military and a graduate student I might not have the free time you do to watch the film on all the guys or even see them play on Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, moretti19 said:
9 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why go through so much effort if you don't really know the players?

I like following the process and reading about the prospects. Being in the military and a graduate student I might not have the free time you do to watch the film on all the guys or even see them play on Saturday. 

No worries, I wasn't saying not to do them, I like reading mocks. Personally I don't go through this level of effort until I have actually done a bit of looking at guys that I like, which is usually after the season is over. Meant no disrespect

While I think we will be active in free agency, I don't know if we will be that active if we retained all those GB players.

Like Josh Allen a lot.

With Clark and Simmons, that is gambling on some good players with serious character concerns.

I like a few of the players, but I'm also becoming an advocate for adding some early talent on offense and not just defense.

Archived