GDT: 2021 AFC Championship Game preview - Houston v Cleveland

ET80

As a gift to our distinguished guests I present my painstakingly curated list of the Dirty Dozen - all-time dual citizenship Brownish Texans

• Brock *name-redacted - QB - the one who's name we dare not speak
  • Brian Hoyer - QB - altho with the 4 concussions he suffered vs. KC in the playoffs I doubt he remembers 2015
  • Jake Delhomme - QB - only one we share triple citizenship with the Frankfurt Galaxy I'm betting
  • Brandon Weedon - QB - soon to be starring on ABC's The Rookie 2 - about an elderly former 1st round pick who goes to fire school 
  • Ben Tate - RB - somewhere some fantasy site is still hyping him to be next years breakout back
  • Andre Davis - WR - might be our only shared "player of the week" 2002 & 2007 - surprised we didn't hang a banner
  • Sammie Coates - WR - imagine where you would be if you had his production this season - 1 less catch / 12 less yards
  • Jajuan Dawson - WR - names like this is why Houstonians weren't real happy with the Louisiana transplants after Katrina
  • Billy Miller - TE - scored the first points and TD in Texans history and a Super Bowl TD - he's kind of our "Video Killed The Radio Star"
  • Robaire Smith - DE - we may share a better Smith someday, but there's only one Robaire
  • Kevin Bentley - LB - definitely our best former LB who got his MBA that is currently a snowboarding coach
  • Zac Diles - LB - kind of cheating since he never actually played a down for you, but just wanted to reignite the Zac vs. Zakk fight with ET80

I seem to recall some shared o-lineman and d-backs, but scanning those old sections of rosters triggers my PTSD (post texans sack disgust), so I try to avoid on Fridays. Feel free to add to the list even if it ruins my clever moniker for them.  Let's just agree that one of those dual half Browns/half Texans helmets would be really ugly and sadly I can name the one family who might be justified in having one.  I'll give you until gameday to name that dual Texan-Brown family and award you my Apollodamus seal of obscure football knowledge.     

Venue:
Sunday, Dec 2, 2018 • Noon CT • NRG Stadium (71,795) • Houston, Texas
9999561.0.jpg

Radio:
SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM)
Marc Vandermeer Play-By-Play, Andre Ware Color Analyst, John Harris Sideline

TV: CBS
13-CBS-V3.png

Baltimore @ Atlanta Jim Nantz, Tony Romo (Red)
Cleveland @ Houston Greg Gumbel, Trent Green, Bruce Arians (Green)
Denver @ Cincinnati Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta (Orange)
Buffalo @ Miami Andrew Catalon, James Lofton (Agua)
Indianapolis @ Jacksonville Tom McCarthy, Steve Beuerlein (Purple)
Kansas City @ Oakland (LATE) Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts (Blue)
NY Jets @ Tennessee (LATE) Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon (Yellow)

Preview:

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: Walt Coleman

Uniform Combination: Color Rush

Weather: 67° F Clear Full Weather: Link

Know where you are parking (Put your color lot in Waze)
Parking_Map_HEB.jpg

Parking Information
Platinum Lot: 7:00AM
Parking Lots: 8:00AM
Pedestrian Gates: 8:30AM
Bud Light Plaza: 9:30AM
Chevron Kids Corner: 9:30AM
BULLevard presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors: 9:30AM
Verizon East & West Entrances: 10:00AM
All Other Gates: 10:30AM

Flag Holders: Battle Red Ladies
Homefield Advantage Captains: Houston's own James Beard Award Winners: Robert Del Grande, Chris Shepherd, Justin Yu & Hugo Ortega
National Anthem: Acclaimed Opera singer, Houston's own, Nancy Curtis
Color Guard: United States Air Force
Coin Toss Captain: Hyundai Hope on Wheels National Ambassador, Elizabeth Blair and Hyundai Sr. Group Manager of Market Representation, Lyn Perry-Scully
Halftime: Extreme Trampoline Show - Flippenout

Go Texans!

#BeatTheBrowns

Archived