The Best Possible Scenario Mock Draft

MacReady

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I actually didn't use Fanspeak because I think it's stupid and a waste of time and worse than imported Madden draft classes as far as believability and I would never subject anyone to something so unrealistic.

I don't actually care about rounds 5-7.

And the Packers picking in the top 15 isn't likely even if they lose to the Bears and become mathematically eliminated.  Currently 11th with teams like the Bengals, Redskins, Dolphins, Titans and Browns finishing worse than us considering their schedules and considering our schedule, which features the Cardinals, Falcons, Lions and Jets.

Winning three of those games probably puts us at about 16 considering our tie.

Yeah, I know you didn't use fanspeak, just wanted to hear you complain about it and bust your chops.  I do have to disagree with the, "I would never subject anyone to something so unrealistic."  Chauncey Gardner-Johnson in the 1st, Anthony Nelson in the 2nd and Tommy Sweeney in the 3rd, now that's believable.  All those free agents, yeap, that's believable also.  Packers drafting that low.  Yeap, you guessed it, I believe it.   You may know your stuff, and like I've said in the past, yeah, it could be possible, but like you have said in the past, I would never subject anyone to something so unrealistic and unbelievable as this mock.    I know this is all just for fun, but maybe you shouldn't rip others or be so critical of others when yours isn't any better.  Thank you and good day, I said good day!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, jleisher said:

Yeah, I know you didn't use fanspeak, just wanted to hear you complain about it and bust your chops.  I do have to disagree with the, "I would never subject anyone to something so unrealistic."  Chauncey Gardner-Johnson in the 1st, Anthony Nelson in the 2nd and Tommy Sweeney in the 3rd, now that's believable.  All those free agents, yeap, that's believable also.  Packers drafting that low.  Yeap, you guessed it, I believe it.   You may know your stuff, and like I've said in the past, yeah, it could be possible, but like you have said in the past, I would never subject anyone to something so unrealistic and unbelievable as this mock.    I know this is all just for fun, but maybe you shouldn't rip others or be so critical of others when yours isn't any better.  Thank you and good day, I said good day!!!!!!!

All his draft needed to be more believable is a team offering multiple first round picks to move up 2 spots.

Look man, you post here quite a bit. Outpost and I agree on literally nothing save for two things here, the Packers are cool and Fanspeak is awful. If we agree on something, you know it is true.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

All his draft needed to be more believable is a team offering multiple first round picks to move up 2 spots.

Look man, you post here quite a bit. Outpost and I agree on literally nothing save for two things here, the Packers are cool and Fanspeak is awful. If we agree on something, you know it is true.

The draft is extremely believable.  So is the free agency.  What you can't believe is how this season ends because someone told you Santa wasn't real on your fifth Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The draft is extremely believable.  So is the free agency.  What you can't believe is how this season ends because someone told you Santa wasn't real on your fifth Christmas.

Did you read the post above mine? You'll probably want to. This has nothing to do with your mock, it's about Fanspeak lol.

On 11/28/2018 at 7:17 PM, St Vince said:

If we pick another DB in the first round without addressing the pass rush my head will explode.

Getting a good pass rusher would be great but we also need to get someone who can cover a TE or RB in the middle of the field.  We are absolutely dreadful on 3rd down.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Getting a good pass rusher would be great but we also need to get someone who can cover a TE or RB in the middle of the field.  We are absolutely dreadful on 3rd down.

That's true but did you watch Thursday night football? Pressure solves coverage deficiencies. Last night Drew Brees looked human. He was rattle by pressure, his throws were off and pressure made him throw the game clinching interception.

The Bears secondary isn't that great but the pass rush is making them look like all Pros. They generate so much pressure that they get turnovers in bunches. When your defense is scoring touchdowns every game that means you're pass rush is getting the job done. You don't need a great secondary when you have  good pass rushers.

9 minutes ago, St Vince said:

That's true but did you watch Thursday night football? Pressure solves coverage deficiencies. Last night Drew Brees looked human. He was rattle by pressure, his throws were off and pressure made him throw the game clinching interception.

The Bears secondary isn't that great but the pass rush is making them look like all Pros. They generate so much pressure that they get turnovers in bunches. When your defense is scoring touchdowns every game that means you're pass rush is getting the job done. You don't need a great secondary when you have  good pass rushers.

You'll get no argument from me about how a superior pass rush can camouflage a lot of warts in the rest of your defense.  From what I hear this is a great EDGE draft class so we should be able to address this with our 2 first round picks this year.   But with Clay getting long in the tooth and Perry pretty worthless LB has to be a major need too.

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

Agree mostly with the pressure perspective, except I think middle pressure is the one that frustrates the  better QBs more.  I would rather see someone to put next to Clark than on the edge first.  That's just me though.  I believe there is half a chance that an edge rusher we thing will be gone will actually be available if we're in the top 15.  I think Ferrell will be there.  After the combine there will be a couple Edge guys who will climb past him.

5 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Agree mostly with the pressure perspective, except I think middle pressure is the one that frustrates the  better QBs more.  I would rather see someone to put next to Clark than on the edge first.  That's just me though.  I believe there is half a chance that an edge rusher we thing will be gone will actually be available if we're in the top 15.  I think Ferrell will be there.  After the combine there will be a couple Edge guys who will climb past him.

God, I hope you are right.  Love Ferrell.  I see him as a top 7 kid right now.

18 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I can meet you half way, the Packers are cool.  LOL!  We can agree to disagree on the other, it far from perfect, but who's rankings and mock drafts are?  That's my point with it, hells bells, Mel Kiper and that other guy rankings and drafts aren't perfect.  

21 hours ago, jleisher said:

I can meet you half way, the Packers are cool.  LOL!  We can agree to disagree on the other, it far from perfect, but who's rankings and mock drafts are?  That's my point with it, hells bells, Mel Kiper and that other guy rankings and drafts aren't perfect.  

A fanspeak mock is what would happen if Toddy McShay spent the morning huffing glue and then tried to do a computer assisted mock draft (that only prevented him from giving teams the same player). 

21 hours ago, jleisher said:

Here's a test that I like to do to show me how bad Fanspeak is. Pick any team in the NFL other than GB and after your draft is over, look at the picks the Packers made. 

It's like back to the years of Sherman asleep at the Combine level of bad.

Archived