Week 13: Indianapolis Colts (6-5) vs Jacksonville Jaguars (3-8) - The COAT

Adrenaline_Flux

57 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

FWIW I think I'm higher on Haskins than any QB last year, though that may not be that high a compliment. 

That uh...wow...really?  Any of them?

Last year was a pretty historically loaded class of good QB prospects, was it not?

I'd have Allen, Mayfield, and Rosen all ahead of Haskins as prospects for sure.  Maybe ahead of Darnold, who i didn't like as much as most.  And i'd put him ahead of Lamar Jackson on pure passer upside.  But there were 5 really highly touted guys last year of pretty much every imaginable flavour.

What in particular do you like so much about Haskins?  Or is it like you're implying...that you just didn't really like any of the guys in last year's QB smorgasbord?

30 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Last year was a pretty historically loaded class of good QB prospects, was it not?

I'd have Allen, Mayfield, and Rosen all ahead of Haskins as prospects for sure.  Maybe ahead of Darnold, who i didn't like as much as most.  And i'd put him ahead of Lamar Jackson on pure passer upside.  But there were 5 really highly touted guys last year of pretty much every imaginable flavour.

What in particular do you like so much about Haskins?  Or is it like you're implying...that you just didn't really like any of the guys in last year's QB smorgasbord?

I mean, I'd have him higher than everyone but Mayfield and maybe Rosen personally.

Was never an Allen fan. I like Darnold but I prefer Haskins I think tbh.

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, I'd have him higher than everyone but Mayfield and maybe Rosen personally.

Was never an Allen fan. I like Darnold but I prefer Haskins I think tbh.

Personally, i liked Allen and still do.  I think he's got the biggest upside of any of these guys.  We saw flashes of it while he was beating us recently, with the size+underrated athleticism combo, and some extremely special arm talent to legitimately threaten every area of the field at all times, even on the move.  But i do understand why some people aren't believers, and there's certainly risk there too.  I just see that risk mitigated by the bigger upside than anyone else in the conversation imo.

Allen is obviously a very love/hate prospect though.  And really, there's always been a range of opinions on all these guys.  Just surprising to me that there isn't a single one of them he likes over Haskins.  There were 5 totally different flavours of potential franchise QB to choose from last year.  Would expect most people to rank at least one or two ahead of anyone in this class.  Unless they are extremely high on Haskins or someone else.  Or were somehow not really interested in any of those 5 bluechip sort of QB prospects last year...which would be even more surprising i guess.

On 12/3/2018 at 10:24 PM, Tugboat said:

admittedly forgot about Baker. So I'd take him 2nd. Was not high at all on Allen, was a bit underwhelmed by Rosen, and I liked Darnold but Haskins is significantly less turnover prone (though obviously on one of the best coached teams in CFB). Haskins has everything you want as a passer and most of his flaws can be chalked up to a lack of experience. If he went back to school for another year and progressed he'd be a surefire 1st overall pick but even if he comes out now he'll probably go pretty high.

1 hour ago, Jaguarfan said:

admittedly forgot about Baker. So I'd take him 2nd. Was not high at all on Allen, was a bit underwhelmed by Rosen, and I liked Darnold but Haskins is significantly less turnover prone (though obviously on one of the best coached teams in CFB). Haskins has everything you want as a passer and most of his flaws can be chalked up to a lack of experience. If he went back to school for another year and progressed he'd be a surefire 1st overall pick but even if he comes out now he'll probably go pretty high.

Haskins isn’t going to be in an ideal situation by returning to school. They lose 3 senior wideouts and he has to go through a coaching change. So going back to school learning a new offense with unfamiliar targets is risky his stock isn’t going to get much better next year than it will be right now. 

18 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Haskins isn’t going to be in an ideal situation by returning to school. They lose 3 senior wideouts and he has to go through a coaching change. So going back to school learning a new offense with unfamiliar targets is risky his stock isn’t going to get much better next year than it will be right now. 

from what I've read Day has been calling plays this season so it would be the same offense fwiw

23 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Yeah.  Haskins really has nothing to gain by going back.  He might come out a bit more experienced and proven, but i don't really think he's got a lot of room to improve his stock from where it appears to be at if he comes out this year.  Realistically, he'd only be hurting himself...or at best, maintaining a level.  More likely to cost himself money than make anything.  Especially when you consider the time value of money.  It might even be advantageous for his development as a "raw" QB to get himself out of that Ohio State system that could just reinforce some bad habits via easy success, and into an NFL situation where he can start building Pro habits.  Especially if he lands somewhere that he can sit for at least a little while and acclimate before being thrown into the fire.

On 05/12/2018 at 1:33 AM, Jaguarfan said:

Fair enough i guess.  I like quite a few of last year's guys over Haskins right now, and it was a pretty hyped class in general.  Just surprised that with so many different types of prospect on offer, you didn't prefer any of them over Haskins (which is i guess, in actual fact, not even the case after all).  

Archived