Shawn Williams Injury Update

MrCincinnati

Williams is only expected to miss 4 to 6 weeks (If all goes well)

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Initial-hope-Shawn-Williams-wont-miss-season/0267a31e-ec89-4102-acd4-d0ce8c830456

Once again the bengals have dodged another bullet, first with Iloka and now Williams. So the best case senario is Williams misses the first 2 games. Realistically he will miss the first 4 games if all goes well, unless there's a major setback which could happen. He's not out of woods yet though, could still go on the IR.

So the one thing we know for sure is now Clayton Fejedelem will start in his place for sure. But the real quesiton is who fills (if anybody) takes the 4th and final S spot. It sounds like Josh Shaw will be seeing some playing time at S now. Not to mention Cedric Thompson was cut yesterday, so they are thin at S now. What does this mean for a guy like Demetrious Cox who's been having a fantastic preseason? Could he possibly ****** up a spot, or could Bengals sign a veteran like Jarius Byrd, Rashad Johnson, or Kendrick Lewis?

20 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I just hope this doesn't turn into another Tyler Eifert or Marvin Jones situation.  Ee think they will be back sooner than later, yet they end up never playing that year.

The only difference is Williams isn't as important to the team's as Eifert and Jones were. Some will disagree with that opinion, but he's a just a solid player IMO.

12 hours ago, MrCincinnati said:

The only difference is Williams isn't as important to the team's as Eifert and Jones were. Some will disagree with that opinion, but he's a just a solid player IMO.

That isn't my point.  Both Eifert and Jones were left off of IR Recall because they were said to have injuries that wouldn't take that long to heal, yet in the end, neither ever returned.

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

That isn't my point.  Both Eifert and Jones were left off of IR Recall because they were said to have injuries that wouldn't take that long to heal, yet in the end, neither ever returned.

100% correct.  I would be shocked if this 4-6 week diagnosis is correct...

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

100% correct.  I would be shocked if this 4-6 week diagnosis is correct...

I'm not even sure that's official yet.  Have we gotten anything other than speculation from the national guys?  I haven't seen anything from Dehner or Owzarski.

5 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:
Does that count?  Hobson/Rapoport with the re-tweet...

Usually if that's true, Dehner or Owzarski RT it or confirm it.  Silence generally means they disagree or feel the national guy jumped the gun.  I have seen nothing, which worries me.

I also don't trust Hobson. :|

11 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Well IMO, he's going to miss the first 5 games, just to be safe. They have there bye in week 6, so that would give him 2 months of rest, and back in time to face the evil empire.

1 hour ago, MrCincinnati said:

Well IMO, he's going to miss the first 5 games, just to be safe. They have there bye in week 6, so that would give him 2 months of rest, and back in time to face the evil empire.

That's probably pretty accurate.

16 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

His goal and reality are probably two different things in this case.  I hope he makes it, but that seems like a re-injury waiting to happen with so little recovery time.

I'm sure they are.  But still, from season ending -> maybe back after the bye -> shooting for week 1 is quite a change.  If we see him by week 3 i think we'll all be happy.

Archived