What is your secondary income?

holt_bruce81

Was looking for a good place to post a job question I had, but couldn't find any topics related to that field. 

My question is about a secondary income. I'm having Hip surgery in April and will be out of work for about 4 months. Would love to get something that was Remote. Been getting on some of these job sites and most of them just advertise Online tutoring. I'm working a bunch of OT to prepare for the surgery, I'm not qualified for Workers comp and my job doesn't offer short-term disability...so for 4 months I think we will be relying on my GF's salary. 

And if this Question is better suited posted in another thread, Mods, please let me know. 

User testing gets me about an extra 500 a month.  I used to do transcribing online, too.  Have to be fast at typing and you have to put in a lot of tedious hours until you start getting paid more, but I was getting about 500 a month doing that, too, until I got sick of it. 

Almost anything online is going to be tedious and monotonous and not a lot of fun, but if you've got a lot of hours to kill it's something. 

If you're smart and know how to avoid getting robbed, trading/selling stuff on Craigslist is something I did, too.  Works on Ebay as well. 

One other option is Amazon selling.  Go into Walmart and look through their clearance section, have the Amazon seller app, scan the items and see how much they're worth on Amazon.  I cleared 100 dollars in 20 minutes once when Walmart had 10 PSVR games on clearance for 10 dollars and Gamestop was buying them for 20.  This works really well if you have like two or three Walmarts in your town. 

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Was looking for a good place to post a job question I had, but couldn't find any topics related to that field. 

My question is about a secondary income. I'm having Hip surgery in April and will be out of work for about 4 months. Would love to get something that was Remote. Been getting on some of these job sites and most of them just advertise Online tutoring. I'm working a bunch of OT to prepare for the surgery, I'm not qualified for Workers comp and my job doesn't offer short-term disability...so for 4 months I think we will be relying on my GF's salary. 

And if this Question is better suited posted in another thread, Mods, please let me know. 

Once you're off painkillers, you may want to consider entering a clinical trial if you're healthy otherwise. You'd have to go without caffeine for a little as well, but that could get you a few grand.

I'm not sure how "up to it" you'll be, but you can make $125 for 4-5 hours worth of work proctoring the SAT and ACT. Everything is easy, scripted, and pretty self explanatory. Once you get there to the testing site, you only need to sit, read the exact script provided, pass out and collect tests/answer sheets, and then turn them in to the on site supervisor.

Usually there are 1-2 tests a month offered. You don't have to be a teacher to do this either. Also, in many cases, they will pay the same amount for "hall monitors" where many just sit there, read a book, cover a test for a 10-15 minute period for a teacher/proctor to use the restroom, etc.

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Find a girl who's willing to do things on camera with you and start your own website. Charge members a monthly fee and bingo.

This would certainly earn you some nice money if you market it right.. but good luck ever getting a real job again after this. Not to mention family/friends ever possibly finding it too. And yes I know you were slightly joking. 

Archived