Bears @ Giants IGT: Sunday Dec 2nd

WindyCity

17 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Barkley hasn’t fumbled since his second year of college.

Manning has actually been underrated this year.

The Giants get little to no pressure on the QB.

Mack vs Solder & Wheeler is a mismatch of all mismatches.

If the Bears tackle well, they win.

Bears 20-16

1) Barkley is most scary player on that team and most scary RB in the league IMO.  Fortunately rest of O isn't as scary.  

2) Manning has had good moments, but has lost arm strength and has made some really questionable decisions with football all year.  Like he is a newbie QB.  This might be his last game as a starter.

3) Yes.  Hope that trend continues.  Their pass rush sucks.  

4) They can direct more attention to Mack without Hicks playing.  Solder has been playing better of late.  Still advantage Bears.

5) Don't give great athletes space.  They can make you look stupid while tackling no matter how good you are.  I hate it when Fangio goes prevent on long yardage or late in games.  

6) I'll add that having trading snacks to Detroit makes Giants much weaker against the run.  Unfortunately Bears can't seem to run the ball this year aside from QB scrambles or keeps.  Run more plays where OL fires out instead of draws would help I think.   Especially against this team.  

7) Stop Barkley and Beckham, make everyone else beat you.

18 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Someone in my office just said Hicks is out against the Giants???????

He missed practice yesterday with an "Achilles".  You never want to hear that but as far as I know no news has come out to say he's OUT for Sunday.

I have my concerns about this game, especially because it didn't look like anyone in our secondary/linebacker corps wanted to tackle a full-steam Blount on Thursday. For benefit of the doubt I can chalk it up to them being sore coming off the shortest rest between games in NFL history.

This game is pretty simple to me... run the ball (short passing game) and stop the run. I'd force the Giants to become one-dimensional and practically sell out to stop Barkley. If we can be fortunate enough to get an early lead on them (10-0, 14-3) then I think they will abandon the run game.

I don't care that the Giants are 3-8, they've lost 6 of their 8 games by one possession or less. I'd be thrilled if we found a way to get Jordan Howard going but I'm not exactly holding my breath... I see more of the "outside runs" via pass to Cohen/Gabriel/Miller and if the Giants react by spreading out their defense maybe a quick hitter to Howard can pick up 8-10 from time to time.

Does Chase continue to play well or does he fall back to Earth? A lot is riding on his shoulders and man... I sincerely hope the Bears' Braintrust is making the right decision by keeping MT10 out of this game. Color me nervous, but Bears pull away late.

Bears - 24

Giants - 10

I have my concerns about a backup QB winning a 2nd round game in the NFL.

The defense is going to have to have a dominant game. I have not seen them truly dominate a game outside of the Bills where they allowed 10 points. I think this needs to be a game where they allow 10 or fewer points.

I am also worried because last week they allowed Lagerrette Blount to have a big day and Barkley is 100x the talent that he is.

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I have my concerns about a backup QB winning a 2nd round game in the NFL.

The defense is going to have to have a dominant game. I have not seen them truly dominate a game outside of the Bills where they allowed 10 points. I think this needs to be a game where they allow 10 or fewer points.

I am also worried because last week they allowed Lagerrette Blount to have a big day and Barkley is 100x the talent that he is.

Our big boys up front need to have a huge game, Roquan Smith cannot miss tackles, and Prince Amukamara is going to have to suck it up and stick his nose up in run support. Fuller and Amos really are the only two dudes who fly up in there with no fear. Jackson is getting better but still misses tackles and comes in softer than I like. It was GLARING to me last week against Detroit.

38 minutes ago, G08 said:

I have my concerns about this game, especially because it didn't look like anyone in our secondary/linebacker corps wanted to tackle a full-steam Blount on Thursday. For benefit of the doubt I can chalk it up to them being sore coming off the shortest rest between games in NFL history.

This game is pretty simple to me... run the ball (short passing game) and stop the run. I'd force the Giants to become one-dimensional and practically sell out to stop Barkley. If we can be fortunate enough to get an early lead on them (10-0, 14-3) then I think they will abandon the run game.

I don't care that the Giants are 3-8, they've lost 6 of their 8 games by one possession or less. I'd be thrilled if we found a way to get Jordan Howard going but I'm not exactly holding my breath... I see more of the "outside runs" via pass to Cohen/Gabriel/Miller and if the Giants react by spreading out their defense maybe a quick hitter to Howard can pick up 8-10 from time to time.

Does Chase continue to play well or does he fall back to Earth? A lot is riding on his shoulders and man... I sincerely hope the Bears' Braintrust is making the right decision by keeping MT10 out of this game. Color me nervous, but Bears pull away late.

Bears - 24

Giants - 10

He wouldn't have to fall far to come to Earth.  Not like he lit it up.  

Archived