Bears @ Giants IGT: Sunday Dec 2nd

WindyCity

Two good things:

1) It helps a ton to actually practice before you play.  If Chase is getting reps that will serve him well.  

2) Nagy doesn't call game different with Chase so Giants can't just stack the box or they would be foolish to.  

I hope Bears remember from that TD you can't commit PI behind LINE OF SCRIMMAGE or with 1 yard.  Barkley is in the flat, just hit him, let the second guy get the INT.

If Bears can give Hicks a bye and still win I think it will pay big dividends, just like Mack's rest gave him.  Hard to rest players in NFL because every game matters so much, but if you can find a way I think it can help a ton.  Having your heavy stars at 100% versus opponents aching and tired late in the year can pay off for you.

I have a small suspicion that the Bears are playing coy with Trus status.  When is the last time you actually heard of leaks from Halas Hall? Before Nagy or.Trubisky spoke to the media you have Garafolo saying that Daniel's is starting.  Something just doesnt quite feel right with this news. Who knows, maybe they are being 100% transparent, but it just feels fishy.

Hicks will play.  He sat yesterday with an Achilles BRUISE.  They gave him a vet's day off basically

22 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I have a small suspicion that the Bears are playing coy with Trus status.  When is the last time you actually heard of leaks from Halas Hall? Before Nagy or.Trubisky spoke to the media you have Garafolo saying that Daniel's is starting.  Something just doesnt quite feel right with this news. Who knows, maybe they are being 100% transparent, but it just feels fishy.

Hicks will play.  He sat yesterday with an Achilles BRUISE.  They gave him a vet's day off basically

He sat again today.

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

And I have no suspicion. Trubisky isn’t going to play on Sunday.

I hope Trubisky gains something from Daniel mind these two weeks and watching how Nagy interacts with someone whose game plan opinion he trusts due to experience. 

Bears need to exploit their match ups in passing game vs Giants Lbs. Giants might as well blitz all their Lbers, they cant cover anyone on Bears.  

17 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Don't think anything is set in stone yet on MT.  Willing to bet Nagy is going to play coy with it until they put him back in.  Why play your hand early when you can make the opposing defense have more variables to work through in gameplanning?

I like your optimism but the fact that Mitch hasn't thrown at practice the last two days tells me that Daniel is getting all of the reps this week, meaning it would be stupid of them to start Mitch Sunday unless he is able to get a full practice in today.

I don't care which QB you are, I truly believe that in order to have the highest chance of success on game day, you need to get those in week practice reps against the scout team.

10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I like your optimism but the fact that Mitch hasn't thrown at practice the last two days tells me that Daniel is getting all of the reps this week, meaning it would be stupid of them to start Mitch Sunday unless he is able to get a full practice in today.

I don't care which QB you are, I truly believe that in order to have the highest chance of success on game day, you need to get those in week practice reps against the scout team.

Unless you are a 8+ year veteran in the same system you need practice reps. I think Chase will start again. It will be a close game for sure.

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

What do you mean “still think?” He’s going to play. Nagy said “he’s fine, it’s precautionary” twice.

What do I mean by "still think"?

It means I still think he will play, even though he was held out today and beat writers are speculating he will be held out.

You're a snarky little ****, aren't you xD

20 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I can remember many a year where Bears fans were screaming for the back up to be the starter.  Never turned out well.

Except when Glennon was our starter... lol  I know, Glennon was never meant to be a real starter.

Bears only have given up 3.6 ypc in the rushing game, so while Saquon will obviously be a factor, I don't think he has a big game for them. Beckham will have a CB with outside leverage and Jackson will be on his side almost the entire game, so if Manning forces some throws he will be right there to make a play.

Really to me the only question is if Daniel will be able to produce some points.

Bears win 24-13

Archived