Bears @ Giants IGT: Sunday Dec 2nd

WindyCity

12 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Except when Glennon was our starter... lol  I know, Glennon was never meant to be a real starter.

Bears only have given up 3.6 ypc in the rushing game, so while Saquon will obviously be a factor, I don't think he has a big game for them. Beckham will have a CB with outside leverage and Jackson will be on his side almost the entire game, so if Manning forces some throws he will be right there to make a play.

Really to me the only question is if Daniel will be able to produce some points.

Bears win 24-13

I spent some time watching Giants condensed games last night and.... wow... Saquan Barkely is the TRUTH, man. I'm putting 8 in the box and making Eli beat us. Not worth risking that dude slipping one tackle and taking it to the house. Tough to say who he reminds me of, but AP comes to mind initially.

16 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Except when Glennon was our starter... lol  I know, Glennon was never meant to be a real starter.

Bears only have given up 3.6 ypc in the rushing game, so while Saquon will obviously be a factor, I don't think he has a big game for them. Beckham will have a CB with outside leverage and Jackson will be on his side almost the entire game, so if Manning forces some throws he will be right there to make a play.

Really to me the only question is if Daniel will be able to produce some points.

Bears win 24-13

The whole Glennon thing still pisses me off.  I don't meant the original signing, which was still bad.  

I mean making him starting QB after you drafted MT.  I think all sit and learn plans are stupid, but they are extra stupid when you are learning a system from a lame duck coach.

Stupid when anointed starter doesn't know system either and needs all coaching time.  Hasn't played much in years or at all.

Stupid when it's clear through Spring he sucks.  Stupid when he sucks in Summer.  Stupid when he still sucks in preseason.  Stupid when he sucks to start the season.

Now you are going to play the rookie, with zero reps, zero spring, zero summer, very little pre season, zero in season reps.

Just stupid.  I want to use other words beside stupid, but they have all been taken away by PCness.

Minute they drafted MT they should have been 100% focused on developing him.  This is his rookie season and he is taking extra undeserved criticism because nobody outside knowledgable Bears fans are acknowledging that.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

I spent some time watching Giants condensed games last night and.... wow... Saquan Barkely is the TRUTH, man. I'm putting 8 in the box and making Eli beat us. Not worth risking that dude slipping one tackle and taking it to the house. Tough to say who he reminds me of, but AP comes to mind initially.

True, he is what NO hoped Bush was going to be. He's a bad MF.

Good thing is Vic has the Bears swarming like Lovie did. We tend to get bitten on the pass more than the run on missed tackles, so that works in our favor IMO. If he slips one we should have 1-2 more guys right there to get him. Power runners seem to be a bit more of a pain to our defense compared to speed, as we have a freakishly athletic defense.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The whole Glennon thing still pisses me off.  I don't meant the original signing, which was still bad.  

I mean making him starting QB after you drafted MT.  I think all sit and learn plans are stupid, but they are extra stupid when you are learning a system from a lame duck coach.

Stupid when anointed starter doesn't know system either and needs all coaching time.  Hasn't played much in years or at all.

Stupid when it's clear through Spring he sucks.  Stupid when he sucks in Summer.  Stupid when he still sucks in preseason.  Stupid when he sucks to start the season.

Now you are going to play the rookie, with zero reps, zero spring, zero summer, very little pre season, zero in season reps.

Just stupid.  I want to use other words beside stupid, but they have all been taken away by PCness.

Minute they drafted MT they should have been 100% focused on developing him.  This is his rookie season and he is taking extra undeserved criticism because nobody is outside knowledgable Bears fans are acknowledging that.

I agree man, I hated the signing from the moment it was called. I would have rather signed a guy like RGIII and just hoped to let him take the beating the first few weeks until he got injured, then put Tru in if they wanted to give him some extra time. I said after getting him when Glennon was announced as the starter that they should still be splitting the reps 50/50 in practice. Who gives AF is Glennon or someone else likes it, Fox should have known that Glennon wasn't going to have a shot at saving his job.

The first preseason game Tru got serious reps was telling as can be. Glennon goes out and nobody flocked to the sidelines to watch him, they were in their groups and carrying on. Tru went out there and it was reminiscent of Hester on kickoffs. You had 40+ players watching every second. It was awesome, and showed they knew he was the guy who should be starting.

It was a wasted year for the most part last year, but thankfully Pace had a vision of being aggressive and quietly gathering talent and depth through the roster. Gave very few real holes and damn it he hit it out of the park this offseason (minus Codi Parky). 

54 minutes ago, G08 said:

What do I mean by "still think"?

It means I still think he will play, even though he was held out today and beat writers are speculating he will be held out.

You're a snarky little ****, aren't you xD

I’m going by what the coach says. He admitted that he’s rested it before and that he’s fine & it’s precautionary. “He’s fine” in Nagy speak (and any speak) means he’s going to play.

I follow Wiederer, Jahns, Biggs and Hoge and none of them have tweeted about Hicks today at all.

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I’m going by what the coach says. He admitted that he’s rested it before and that he’s fine & it’s precautionary. “He’s fine” in Nagy speak (and any speak) means he’s going to play.

I follow Wiederer, Jahns, Biggs and Hoge and none of them have tweeted about Hicks today at all.

Look closer young man

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Ya I didn't see anything mentioned either other than a prediction from Hub's son.  

The practice report will be telling.  If Hicks misses a 3rd straight day today then in all likelihood he is out for Sunday,

12 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

You said the beat writers speculated he may sit out. The Bears public relations team is not "beat writers" and incorrectly saying he was a DNP today doesn't help your cause.

A beat writer did speculate that, and I can't control what the Bears official PR account sends out as an injury report, sport!

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Not confident in Daniel. I really hope this rest plan works out, losing tomorrow is going to make life pretty hard.

But then I tell myself, if we can’t beat the Rams, Packers or Vikings what is the point of even making the playoffs?

I'm not that confident either but Nagy appears to be and Chase should be able to do enough to not lose this game like he did vs Detroit. 

I think Daniel will do enough to win us this game...he isn't going to be dropping bombs into tight windows 40 yards down the field but he understands where the ball needs to go in order to get it to his playmakers...I expect Cohen to have a field day against their LBs.

Archived