Bucs
@Giants

Redskins [6-5]

@Eagles
NY Giants
@Jaguars
Titans
Eagles

Bears can still get home field advantage and bye or miss playoffs entirely.  

I don't think they should settle for just making the playoffs at this point.   Rams and Saints can still be caught especially with Rams on the schedule.  

Vikings can also catch the Bears.  

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

The Seahawks are staring at 10-6. That schedule has 3 layups.

The Seahawks are a good team considering how much their defense got dismantled the past year.  Don't know why people kept saying that week 2 W against them was a layup.  I fully expect them to be one of the WC teams.

Bears should be getting a playoff mindset right now.  Playing for playoff seeding at this point.  The road to the Superbowl is a whole lot different having to go play NO in the dome, vs NO, LA, Dal, Min, Sea having to come play in Soldier in January.  I would suspect we would be significantly favored at home against everybody

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Wouldn’t NO essentially have to lose 2 more games and then wouldn’t the Bears have to go 5-0 to close out the year in order to get a bye?

If Bears go 5-0, which I don't expect them to, then NO would have to lose just 1 more because Bears would have a better conference record. 

Also let's say Saints lose one to Carolina and another on their schedule, and Bears go 4-1 in their last 5 then pretty sure Bears would get a bye. 

33 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Wouldn’t NO essentially have to lose 2 more games and then wouldn’t the Bears have to go 5-0 to close out the year in order to get a bye?

Our conference record is better right now. They have 2 NFC loses and we only have 1.

If the Bears can get to the 2 seed that would be incredible.

New Orleans has 2 more games with Carolina and Dallas just put out the defensive blue print to slow them down.

15 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If Bears go 5-0, which I don't expect them to, then NO would have to lose just 1 more because Bears would have a better conference record. 

Also let's say Saints lose one to Carolina and another on their schedule, and Bears go 4-1 in their last 5 then pretty sure Bears would get a bye. 

Which is very very possible. Cowboys defense is legit and probably 2-3 behind Chicago. If the Saints came to Solider Field I would guess we would win that game. Brees cannot handle being hit more than a few times.

There isn't a more physical defense out there right now then the Bears.  

Just now, WindyCity said:

Our conference record is better right now. They have 2 NFC loses and we only have 1.

If the Bears can get to the 2 seed that would be incredible.

New Orleans has 2 more games with Carolina and Dallas just put out the defensive blue print to slow them down.

What blows my mind is the Dallas D nothing special schematically. They run a basic Tampa 2 and executed like crazy. The speed and tackling on that team is very impressive. Reminds me of the Bears.

6 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

What blows my mind is the Dallas D nothing special schematically. They run a basic Tampa 2 and executed like crazy. The speed and tackling on that team is very impressive. Reminds me of the Bears.

It's no coincidence they are playing like the Bears used to under Lovie.  Marinelli has basically recreated that same D down in big D.  

Cowboys are a very similar team to the Bears right now except that they have a better OL and run game.  I give Cowboys offense the edge and Bears defense the edge.  Either way I wouldn't want to face either of these teams on the road in the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Which is very very possible. Cowboys defense is legit and probably 2-3 behind Chicago. If the Saints came to Solider Field I would guess we would win that game. Brees cannot handle being hit more than a few times.

There isn't a more physical defense out there right now then the Bears.  

I agree and Brees has also typically struggled playing at Soldier Field or in cold weather environments against good defenses.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

It's no coincidence they are playing like the Bears used to under Lovie.  Marinelli has basically recreated that same D down in big D.  

Cowboys are a very similar team to the Bears right now except that they have a better OL and run game.  I give Cowboys offense the edge and Bears defense the edge.  Either way I wouldn't want to face either of these teams on the road in the playoffs.

No way in hell.  The cowboys offense didn't do jack against the 30th worst defense against the pass.  Without Smith and Frederick their OL is not better than the Bears.  The Bears have better weapons and I'm taking Tru 10 out 10 over Dak who can barely throw more than 200 ypg.  And when you factor Nagy over Garrett, it's not closeThe Boys D is closer to the Bears than the O is.

Archived