NFC Playoff Contenders

WindyCity

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

The Panthers are terrible. Rivera should be fired and Newton sucks. That game was so frustrating.

Rivera did good in all but one thing. He needs to have balls to bench his ‘star’ QB. 

Newton is a giant anchor on that team. That is a talented team with a crap quarterback.  McCaffery is a stud.  Rogers as mediocre as he has been would be 11-1 with that team and they would be SB favorites.   

Maybe he would be good if he wasn’t hurt. I haven’t seen good play with any consistentancy since his SB/MVP year.

His mechanics are bad for a 10 year old. How can he call himself a pro? Doesn’t he care? Infuriating.  He wasted 25 secs celebrating with less than a minute in half and then throws a pick?  I would cut him.    

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Rivera did good in all but one thing. He needs to have balls to bench his ‘star’ QB. 

Newton is a giant anchor on that team. That is a talented team with a crap quarterback.  McCaffery is a stud.  Rogers as mediocre as he has been would be 11-1 with that team and they would be SB favorites.   

Maybe he would be good if he wasn’t hurt. I haven’t seen good play with any consistentancy since his SB/MVP year.

His mechanics are bad for a 10 year old. How can he call himself a pro? Doesn’t he care? Infuriating.  He wasted 25 secs celebrating with less than a minute in half and then throws a pick?  I would cut him.    

I am a lot higher on Cam than you, but I would bench him too just to keep from losing him to something more serious.  

2 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I am a lot higher on Cam than you, but I would bench him too just to keep from losing him to something more serious.  

He looks like one of those guys who does just enough once in awhile to break your heart time and again. 

Like an abusive husband.  

Just cut the cord.  

I definitely prefer they keep Newton. I like how @dll2000 put it, he is a giant anchor to the team.

He is naturally talented but once teams adjusted to really make him play the QB position (plus his injury, if as big as it sounded last night) he has been mediocre. As long as he is QB I feel very confident that the Bears are clear favorites to win against them. Sorry Riverboat Ron, but I hope you're stuck with him.

Beat the Vikings and likely play the Eagles and an outside shot at no. 2 seed and bye.

Or lose and play Vikings twice in a row. Vikings are big favorites in this game. 

I wonder what they will do if Rams jump out to big lead over 9ers.  2nd half could turn into exhibition game unoess Bears want to eliminate Vikings. 

Honestly right now on a neutral field Vikings or Eagles would be favored over Bears. I think Bears win at soldier field in game 1 of playoffs, line will probably be 3 essentially a pick em with 3 to home team.  They are much better at home. After that its just one win at a time, by any means necessary.  I think Bears fans would travel to LA making that a near neutral site game. Winning in NO would be a huge upset I think. But NO has been shown to be beatable.

What would really suck is if both Bears and Rams lost. Just add that to the many close what ifs of the 2018 season that colluded to keep the Bears from a top 2 seed. 

Winning 4 games with 2 at home, is a lot easier than winning 5 with 3 on the road against all good teams.  

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I know that if the Bears are pulling starters I want to force-feed Kevin White the ball any time we are in the red zone. I really want him to at least 1 TD as a Bear. 

Kind of wild that we, me included, still think Pace is a very good  GM and he missed on White and underachieved on Floyd and MT to date. 

Early first rounders are where you usually cement your legacy as a GM. 

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Kind of wild that we, me included, still think Pace is a very good  GM and he missed on White and underachieved on Floyd and MT to date. 

I don't think Trubisky has underachieved at all, unless of course you're an impatient meat head and can't grasp the fact that he was extremely raw coming out, had dogs*** to throw to last year and this year has a 2:1 TD/INT ratio despite learning one of the league's most difficult offenses...and besides this year's first 8 games, Floyd is exactly what I thought he would be.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Pace's strong suits so far have been getting great drafts through the entire draft and getting key FA/trades. No doubt It has been key for him. Definitely an oddity IMO. 

White' s ridiculous injury woes soften that bust label just a bit to me. If he was just horrific without the major setbacks then I'd hate the pick, but I think injurues really robbed him. At least Pace knew not to count on him to be a big contributor and got ARob, Burton, Gabriel, Miller, etc. A bad or unproductive pick sucks, but compounding it by trying to force it to work is worse. Still like the kid, but he just doesn't have a real place here. 

Floyd has been shown to be a great complimentary piece, but as a passrusher he likely would have been a major disappointment if we were hoping he would be our own top EDGE. Since Mack is here he fits his role much better now though. 

I wish we could have found a way to have Nagy last year. Unrealistic of course, but not having a fairly wasted year under a Loggains/Fox regime that was horribly predictable and forced him onto a ton of 3rd and long situations (Pace failed to address WR last year too, thankfully he hit it out of the park this year) made things worse. I'm basically looking at last year as his redshirt, this being his first true season as a starter. So I'm content, though I definitely hope to see continues progress and consistency. 

I think next year will be really telling for Tru and Nagy. 

18 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't think Trubisky has underachieved at all, unless of course you're an impatient meat head and can't grasp the fact that he was extremely raw coming out, had dogs*** to throw to last year and this year has a 2:1 TD/INT ratio despite learning one of the league's most difficult offenses...and besides this year's first 8 games, Floyd is exactly what I thought he would be.

MT has underachieved a bit. He could have played better in so many situations.  Even for where he is at.  He would tell you that.  Probably nobody more frustrated than he is. Nagy is doing a great job psychologically keeping him up and looking ahead.  

I think he can still be a very good player and upper level QB. . He works hard, has a good arm and has right attitude. 

Imo our ideal path involves avoiding New Orleans and hoping someone else can knock them out. 

If we get the 2 seed I think we're golden no matter who else we face until the nfc championship game. If not, my preference would be Vikings in WC round, Rams in the 2nd round then like Seattle in the NFC:C. 

There's nothing the Vikings have that scares me, and I think we're set up nicely to beat the Rams again. Seattle is another team I think we really counter well. All three of those teams really want to run the ball without an elite offensive line, in order to setup the passing game. None of them can do it vs our defense. 

Dallas scares me a bit because they're stronger on the line, and Amari Cooper is shiftier as a WR.  Eagles with Foles already proved they can win it all. Finally the Saints have an elite level qb who is not only more than happy to take what the defense gives him without making mistakes, but in fact already plays that kind of offensive system. I don't know that we beat the Saints in any circumstances, particularly since they're going to be in nice and warm Louisiana.

14 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Pace's strong suits so far have been getting great drafts through the entire draft and getting key FA/trades. No doubt It has been key for him. Definitely an oddity IMO. 

White' s ridiculous injury woes soften that bust label just a bit to me. If he was just horrific without the major setbacks then I'd hate the pick, but I think injurues really robbed him. At least Pace knew not to count on him to be a big contributor and got ARob, Burton, Gabriel, Miller, etc. A bad or unproductive pick sucks, but compounding it by trying to force it to work is worse. Still like the kid, but he just doesn't have a real place here. 

Floyd has been shown to be a great complimentary piece, but as a passrusher he likely would have been a major disappointment if we were hoping he would be our own top EDGE. Since Mack is here he fits his role much better now though. 

I wish we could have found a way to have Nagy last year. Unrealistic of course, but not having a fairly wasted year under a Loggains/Fox regime that was horribly predictable and forced him onto a ton of 3rd and long situations (Pace failed to address WR last year too, thankfully he hit it out of the park this year) made things worse. I'm basically looking at last year as his redshirt, this being his first true season as a starter. So I'm content, though I definitely hope to see continues progress and consistency. 

I think next year will be really telling for Tru and Nagy. 

Yes.

I am hoping offense makes most of off season and looks dramatically better in 2019. 

It looks like it is setting up that way Barring injuries a lot of critics of 2018 Bears offense are going to be shocked.  Not talking about legit critics criticizing moment, but people making proclamations for headlines.  

I still think a healthy Shaheen, even though he isn’t that great, makes a huge difference.  Now doesn’t count, because he is an after thought.  

I think an Allen Robinson two years from his knee and on same page as MT will be a different guy too.  

Archived