NFC Playoff Contenders

WindyCity

37 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No way in hell.  The cowboys offense didn't do jack against the 30th worst defense against the pass.  Without Smith and Frederick their OL is not better than the Bears.  The Bears have better weapons and I'm taking Tru 10 out 10 over Dak who can barely throw more than 200 ypg.  And when you factor Nagy over Garrett, it's not closeThe Boys D is closer to the Bears than the O is.

100% agreed. Daks numbers looked good last night but watching the game he looked like garbage. The guy cannot stop fumbling.

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

It's no coincidence they are playing like the Bears used to under Lovie.  Marinelli has basically recreated that same D down in big D.  

Cowboys are a very similar team to the Bears right now except that they have a better OL and run game.  I give Cowboys offense the edge and Bears defense the edge.  Either way I wouldn't want to face either of these teams on the road in the playoffs.

Bears have a better QB (assuming he is healthy).  Dak is brutal.  I would feel pretty good about facing Dallas in the playoffs if I were a Bears fan.

The Saints are very beatable too.  The Vikings would have beaten them if not for two very uncharacteristic turnovers. 

30 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Bears have a better QB (assuming he is healthy).  Dak is brutal.  I would feel pretty good about facing Dallas in the playoffs if I were a Bears fan.

The Saints are very beatable too.  The Vikings would have beaten them if not for two very uncharacteristic turnovers. 

This is why I took the cowboys with 7 points. Brees did not look great against an elite D.

He also gets to play against some terrible defenses in Tampa and Atlanta,

5 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

This is why I took the cowboys with 7 points. Brees did not look great against an elite D.

He also gets to play against some terrible defenses in Tampa and Atlanta,

Come playoff time, it would be YUGE if 'da Bears could get the 2nd seed.  It would be a lot easier to beat the Saints in the cold in Soldier Field than having to go down to their loud dome.

It's hard to believe we are talking about the Bears getting the 2nd seed in the playoffs.  I knew you guys would be good this year (I said before the season started that I worried about the Bears a lot more than the Packers), but I sure didn't see you getting this good this fast.  It would be great if the Vikings could find a way to catch up to you and win the division, but I don't think it will happen.  We will probably have to settle for a wild card and hope to make some noise at that point.  

Also, as much as I respect what the Bears have done this year, I have to admit that I'll be cheering for the G-Men this week.  It would help the Vikings if they win, and they are also Kate Mara's team.  :D

13 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Come playoff time, it would be YUGE if 'da Bears could get the 2nd seed.  It would be a lot easier to beat the Saints in the cold in Soldier Field than having to go down to their loud dome.

It's hard to believe we are talking about the Bears getting the 2nd seed in the playoffs.  I knew you guys would be good this year (I said before the season started that I worried about the Bears a lot more than the Packers), but I sure didn't see you getting this good this fast.  It would be great if the Vikings could find a way to catch up to you and win the division, but I don't think it will happen.  We will probably have to settle for a wild card and hope to make some noise at that point.  

Also, as much as I respect what the Bears have done this year, I have to admit that I'll be cheering for the G-Men this week.  It would help the Vikings if they win, and they are also Kate Mara's team.  :D

What? I thought we were friends...

giphy.gif

NO is 10-2.

They play:

@Tampa, @Carolina, Pitt, Carolina

Really hard to beat a team twice in three weeks, Tampa will probably lose but who knows, Pitt is no easy out.

Not inconceivable they drop 2 more games to finish at 12-4.

Rams are 10-1 and have to go to Detroit, Chicago and then get Eagles at home followed by Ari and SF which are practically gimmies. Not inconceivable that they drop 2 of the next 3 games, not likely, but not impossible.

Go Lions, Go Bucs and Panthers.  

Yes, I know what inconceivable means.  

Of course Bears have to beat a semi resurgent Giants at home down their starting QB, GB, and Minn still.  Not exactly easy and they have pretty much zero room for a let down game or off performance like NO just did.  

Should be an interesting finish.  

21 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yeah, next year was supposed to be the year.  This was supposed to be a learning year for a young team and a year for Robinson to heal his knee.  We figured we would be a game or two over .500 pre season.

MN was a pre season SB favorite.  GB fans thought they were for some reason, I wasn't seeing it, but they were still supposed to be a playoff team.  I thought North may be toughest division in football with even Detroit being dangerous.  

Saints, Dallas or Rams playing in 10 degree windy weather would suck for them.  Home field would be huge. At least MN could just step outside for a week and acclimate their bodies.  Other guys will be freezing balls.  Like Miami kept us in sun, we should have little hidden water misters and air conditioned fans blowing on visitor sideline keeping them extra cold.  

I hope you guys lose.  It sucks playing intra division games in playoffs.  Like to play some one different even if they may be a bit better. 

Really hard to beat any team 2 or 3x in one year.  

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Yeah, next year was supposed to be the year.  This was supposed to be a learning year for a young team and a year for Robinson to heal his knee.  We figured we would be a game or two over .500 pre season.

MN was a pre season SB favorite.  GB fans thought they were for some reason, I wasn't seeing it, but they were still supposed to be a playoff team.  I thought North may be toughest division in football with even Detroit being dangerous.  

Saints, Dallas or Rams playing in 10 degree windy weather would suck for them.  Home field would be huge. At least MN could just step outside for a week and acclimate their bodies.  Other guys will be freezing balls.  Like Miami kept us in sun, we should have little hidden water misters and air conditioned fans blowing on visitor sideline keeping them extra cold.  

I hope you guys lose.  It sucks playing intra division games in playoffs.  Like to play some one different even if they may be a bit better. 

I remember how much of a factor the cold was for opposing fans of the Vikings back in the 70's when they had to come into our house to play.   I once saw a documentary about the Purple People Eaters where a Rams player said that it was so cold in Minnesota that they almost knew they were going to lose when the cold air hit them as they walked off the airplane.  It's a big factor for teams who play and live in warm weather all the time.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I remember how much of a factor the cold was for opposing fans of the Vikings back in the 70's when they had to come into our house to play.   I once saw a documentary about the Purple People Eaters where a Rams player said that it was so cold in Minnesota that they almost knew they were going to lose when the cold air hit them as they walked off the airplane.  It's a big factor for teams who play and live in warm weather all the time.

Yeah, we vacation in Winter down south people look at us like we are insane when go swimming.  They don't realize we are no different, your body just adjusts to colder or warmer temperatures as they come.

In early Fall 50 degrees feels very cold.  In early Spring 50 degrees is shorts and t shirt weather.

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Yeah, we vacation in Winter down south people look at us like we are insane when go swimming.  They don't realize we are no different, your body just adjusts to colder or warmer temperatures as they come.

In early Fall 50 degrees feels very cold.  In early Spring 50 degrees is shorts and t shirt weather.

I'm a 'pants-are-optional' kinda guy year round, weather be damned.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Minnesota used to have the best hfa in the NFL.  People think Chicago and GB is cold, there was nothing like the Met in December and Jan. Or so I've been told.  I'm just a LITTLE too young for that.  But I've been in Minny in the winter.  Fortunately Minneapolis is a hot town, but the weather stinks.

22 hours ago, dll2000 said:

What else is new?  :D

23 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'm a 'pants-are-optional' kinda guy year round, weather be damned.

Which explains your police record...

54 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

What else is new?  :D

I honestly thought they had a shot myself. I really liked their draft. Things just to seem to be falling apart in Green Bay. 

Archived