NFC Playoff Contenders

WindyCity

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

With CAR GB and MIN all losing today it's not inconceivable to think that this Bears team could only win 1 more game and still make the playoffs as a WC if worst comes to worst.

If only that one more win were today. I've seen this script too many times with the Bears, wish they would have taken care of business.

58 minutes ago, dafreak said:

If only that one more win were today. I've seen this script too many times with the Bears, wish they would have taken care of business.

The back into the playoff plan leaves you exposed.

A squandered oppurtunity today to pretty much lock down the 3 seed and make a run at 2.

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The back into the playoff plan leaves you exposed.

A squandered oppurtunity today to pretty much lock down the 3 seed and make a run at 2.

I get what you're saying but in hindsight no one really expected the Bears to even sniff the playoffs this year.  Just making it in as even the #6 seed would be a heck of an accomplishment for this team considering where they were the past few years and  with a first year head coach.

Plus anything can happen come playoff time.  See 2007 Giants (#5 seed), 2010 Green Bay Packer (#6 seed), 2011 Giants (#4 seed) and 2012 Ravens (#4 seed).  All went on to win the SB.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Or better yet,  use this damn thing: http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Enjoy wasting a lot of time.  "Now... what happens if everyone but the Raiders ties?"

I think the Bears will play the Seahawks in the playoffs, and week 17 is definitely going to matter. 

I did the simulation with worst case Bears winning only 1 more game and Eagles, Panthers winning 3 of their last 4 and Vikings winning all of their remaining games, and Bears still finished as the #6 seed with 9 wins.

I think barring some epic collapse by this team and either of Eagles, Panthers or Redskins running the table we can expect postseason football for the Bears this year.

Obviously winning the division would be the most ideal and rewarding as a fan but I just want them to get in so I can finally see some Bears playoff football for a change.

1. Rams 11-1
2. Saints 10-2
3. Bears 8-4
4. Cowboys 7-5
5. Seahawks 7-5
6. Vikings 6-5-1

Panthers 6-6
Eagles 6-6
Washington 6-6

What I think we need to focus on

1. The 1 and 2 seeds seem out of reach. Plus with the way that the Bears play out of a bye week makes me hope they do not have the bye week.

2. We need the Vikings to lose as many as possible, obviously.

3. The Bears should be cheering for the wildcard teams to lose games so the Bears have a soft landing. One more lose for the Panthers, Eagles, and Washington pretty much guarantees a playoff spot.

4. The 4 seed would not be the worst thing to have as it allow you to avoid New Orleans in round 2.

43 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

1. Rams 11-1
2. Saints 10-2
3. Bears 8-4
4. Cowboys 7-5
5. Seahawks 7-5
6. Vikings 6-5-1

Panthers 6-6
Eagles 6-6
Washington 6-6

What I think we need to focus on

1. The 1 and 2 seeds seem out of reach. Plus with the way that the Bears play out of a bye week makes me hope they do not have the bye week.

2. We need the Vikings to lose as many as possible, obviously.

3. The Bears should be cheering for the wildcard teams to lose games so the Bears have a soft landing. One more lose for the Panthers, Eagles, and Washington pretty much guarantees a playoff spot.

4. The 4 seed would not be the worst thing to have as it allow you to avoid New Orleans in round 2.

I think 2 is still catchable bc their schedule is brutal.  But I would agree that HFA is out of reach now.

I don't think week 17 will matter for us at all, as the Vikings will lose in Seattle this weekend.  It really comes down to done clinch against the Pack at home, or on the road in San Francisco.  My prediction is that we beat LA this weekend (just look at the history of road warm weather teams in below 40 temps). Pack will also lose this weekend to ATL to officially eliminate them

18 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I think 2 is still catchable bc their schedule is brutal.  But I would agree that HFA is out of reach now.

I don't think week 17 will matter for us at all, as the Vikings will lose in Seattle this weekend.  It really comes down to done clinch against the Pack at home, or on the road in San Francisco.  My prediction is that we beat LA this weekend (just look at the history of road warm weather teams in below 40 temps). Pack will also lose this weekend to ATL to officially eliminate them

If we beat the Rams obviously everything becomes much easier.

I think that we will lose to the Rams and the Vikings will lose in Seattle.

That would put us on a crash course for week 17 in Minnesota for the division.

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If we beat the Rams obviously everything becomes much easier.

I think that we will lose to the Rams and the Vikings will lose in Seattle.

That would put us on a crash course for week 17 in Minnesota for the division.

But in that scenario (Bears lose Sunday, Vikings lose Monday, both teams win their next 2), then wouldn’t week 17 be meaningless? The Bears would have a 1.5 game lead with 1 game left.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

But in that scenario (Bears lose Sunday, Vikings lose Monday, both teams win their next 2), then wouldn’t week 17 be meaningless? The Bears would have a 1.5 game lead with 1 game left.

Assuming the Bears can beat the Packers a team they cannot seem to beat.

Meanwhile the Vikings are hosting the Dolphins.

Archived