Mariners Agree to Acquire Prospects from Mets for Diaz/Cano/Some of the Money

ramssuperbowl99

Shedding Cano's salary would be an important step forward for the organization. [With Felix off the books after this year too]. Hopefully Seager and Gordan can turn things around this year and the M's can shed those salaries as well.

Potentially losing Diaz stings, since he was by far the most interesting player last year. But I guess his value is as high as its going to be. M's will be bad and boring this year. Blah. Only thing to look forward to is the potential cup of coffee September call ups for Evan White and Kyle Lewis and even that is ….. eh.

9 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

It really frustrates me when big market teams sacrifice top prospects in lieu of salary relief. My reaction is TBD.

And it's really weird that a big market team is taking on a landmine contract for 2B/CL help when there are tons of 2B and top shelf relievers available.

This feels like lose-lose.

If the Mets move Kelenic for Cano/Diaz, then that is the biggest WTF move in a long time for them. 

You are poised to go into rebuild mode with a Thor trade and maybe more, and you bring in a old a hell 2B, a (great)closer that is worthless on a bad team.....and you give up maybe the prospect with the biggest ceiling in your organization? L freakin OL

Lol you guys think this is about anything other than getting Cano back in NY to sell a few more tickets. You're funny.

This "organization" has no direction. They're puppeted by two brain dead billionaires who couldn't run a baseball franchise if you replaced their brains with Steinbrenner's. They have no ******* idea what they are doing. I've heard DOZENS of people describe the franchise as "toxic" to work for.

4 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And it's really weird that a big market team is taking on a landmine contract for 2B/CL help when there are tons of 2B and top shelf relievers available.

This feels like lose-lose.

We literally have a 4 win 2nd baseman on the roster, right now. He's here, he's young, he's cost controlled for the next 6 years. But no no no, we gotta have "Cano day" to beat as much money out of the braindead morons who'd go see it.

Archived