GDT: Week 13 The Vikings come to sack New England

Deadpulse

Nooo, I almost made it.

Anyway, the longships are coming, but this ain't Lindisfarne. Though with this defense it could turn out that way. Hopefully they can find some stability in the slot and Gilmore, that would alleviate a lot of concern.

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Because @vike daddy demanded it, here is our week 13 gameday! 

Honestly, I dont see how this isnt a shootout. With the Patriots offense healthy and the options Cousins has in the passing game, this is going to be a 33-31 like game. IMO Diggs will FEAST as Gilmore will likely look to take out Thielen. 

i haven't paid as much attention to mr jason mccourty this year, but PFF gives him a top 5 grade along with gilmore. im guessing no one respects PFF tho.

1 minute ago, Asciimo said:

i haven't paid as much attention to mr jason mccourty this year, but PFF gives him a top 5 grade along with gilmore. im guessing no one respects PFF tho.

Jason gets too much hate round these parts, especially early on. Yea, he looked like trash in the pre-season and many of us wondered if he'd even make the roster (this guy). However he has settled in and is a very solid #2. 

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why has New England started off so slowly to games this year? Is Belichick doing something different or is a talent issue?

Im not even calling the team out. It just doesn't look like last year when everything was very smooth.

Its an inconsistency issue IMO. This team started the year without Julian and really without a legitimate WR threat and promptly lost our #1 RB and then our #2 runner. By the time Julian got back, Gronk was on the shelf for three games. We were also integrating a new WR in Josh Gordon while Julian was playing with a ton of rust. Also, our OL has been a revolving door which has gone under the radar. Last week was the first time since week 1 the starters all played a full game together. This is the first week all season the offense will be whole with Rex returning. 

I also think Amendola's absence is glaring. Brady has tons of weapons with Gordon, Gronk, Jules, and White all being well above average to elite options passing. However, I do think not having that third reliable WR has pushed Brady to hold the ball more often. 

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why has New England started off so slowly to games this year? Is Belichick doing something different or is a talent issue?

Im not even calling the team out. It just doesn't look like last year when everything was very smooth.

Glass half full - he likes to chill in the first Q to get a read on what the opposition is doing. Coming back to blow away teams late.

Actual - Less practice time, TB is a bit rusty, as is Gronk, new pieces. It certainly annoys us :D

I have to disagree with you, Pulse, I think it will be low scoring.

Primarily because MIN defense is brilliant (for 2018). On third down, they allow just 27.6% of attempts to be converted — the best number in the league — and the distance does not matter: Minnesota is good no matter how much yards it needs to defend on third down.They also have the best blitz down success rate at 21%. 

They're also awesome in the RZ. This will show you; (NE offense LEFT, MIN defense RIGHT)

Bildschirmfoto_2018_11_30_um_11.34.57.png

I think it's got the look of a classic strength-vs-strength matchup: New England’s offense (finally all healthy enough) one of the NFL’s best units when performing at its peak capabilities. vs Minnesota’s defense, who finds itself in the top-10 in nearly every major statistical category.

With us on D, I read that Kirk's production takes a massive hit (disproportionately) when under pressure. We aint too good at that (30th in sacks), but we should have enough to make it a bit uncomfortable for him. All about taking Thielen away as best as possible. If we limit his production and force him to look elsewhere, I'll go;

NE: 24

MIN: 20

Archived