GDT: Week 13 The Vikings come to sack New England

Deadpulse

14 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why has New England started off so slowly to games this year? Is Belichick doing something different or is a talent issue?

Im not even calling the team out. It just doesn't look like last year when everything was very smooth.

our opening few drives, the "scripted ones", seems to be rusty as all hell week to week. they almost always end up being 2 passes and a run to a 3 and out. 3rd quarter opening drive is much the same. our scripts have been garbage, i guess. brady gets pressured and throws a low, errant pass.

7 hours ago, Asciimo said:

our opening few drives, the "scripted ones", seems to be rusty as all hell week to week. they almost always end up being 2 passes and a run to a 3 and out. 3rd quarter opening drive is much the same. our scripts have been garbage, i guess. brady gets pressured and throws a low, errant pass.

Opening drive vs Chicago was vintage, 07/15/16 Patriots. That's what we need to see. That's how we set the tone. 

With Sony quote unquote healthy and White having the year he is catching the ball, we will probably see Rex in a change of pace/breather role for both guys. Hopefully his presence is a boon to Sony and James, keeping them fresh throughout the game while give us some good snaps. 

12 hours ago, Iron_man said:

It will be interesting to see how much rust Rex will have. My dad is a vikings fan so I think I'm gonna enjoy the game with him. It will be fun to talk football with my old man.

I'll be watching the game with my Dad too.  He despises BB and the Patriots, but Cordarrelle "Flash" Patterson is one of his favorite players in the league, so he has at least a little in terms of mixed emotions.  It should be a fun game.  Let's hope both teams get through it without any major injuries.  Best of luck.

P.S. - It should be a good test for our defense to go up against the quarterback who actually is the GOAT, rather than that other team we play twice a year whose delusional fan base just thinks their guy is the GOAT.   ;)

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'll be watching the game with my Dad too.  He despises BB and the Patriots, but Cordarrelle "Flash" Patterson is one of his favorite players in the league, so he has at least a little in terms of mixed emotions.  It should be a fun game.  Let's hope both teams get through it without any major injuries.  Best of luck.

P.S. - It should be a good test for our defense to go up against the quarterback who actually is the GOAT, rather than that other team we play twice a year whose delusional fan base just thinks their guy is the GOAT.   ;)

Tell him we aren't that bad really :) 

As for Tom, we hope he can play at the GOAT-level that we've seen for 90% of his career, but he's been making some bad decisions and there's some timing issues dotted throughout the season so far. There's been flashes of that unstoppable supercomputer-like QB play, but TEN showed you how vulnerable he can be. You certainly have the players (Hunter, Joseph, Griff, Smith etc) to give him fits. It does help us being at home though.

So...what are our cues? Some stuff I'm looking for;

- I think if we see Thielen unproductive in the first half, that is a good sign.

- Enough pressure on Kirk where has doesn't have all day

- Balanced offense. Early success on the ground, slow down the pass rush.

If I see all of that happening, I'll be confident. Equally, if Thielen is murdering our zones, Kirk has all day, and we can't generate a run game - I'll be worried. 

Archived