Week 13 - Rams at Lions

RamRod

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

One of the weakness of McVay is wasting the TO early in the game...i don't know why he can't correct that. 

I mean... has it ever really effected the end of any of his games by that much?

I'm sure he's done the calculations in that Rainman head of his and has weighed the pros and cons of an early timeout. I don't think he takes the TO unless he really needs it. It's like money you can't take with you when you die... you can't take timeouts with you when the clock hits 0.

Ill say this though, I feel bad for the Bears next week. McVay usually dont allow his team to play back to back bad games on offense. Thats why every time the Rams have their lowest point totals of the season they follow that up the next week averaging over 18pts more that they scored the previous week. Now I dont know how the weather will look in Chicago for SNF game but if its not crazy bad with snow and wind, the Rams are going to put up at least 30pts on them. Had the Rams played great on offense today I wouldnt think that but today they have looked far from sharp and McVay is going to get them focused for next week. 

Thoughts on the game was Goff didnt look sharp at all. The playcalling was very very questionable. Thank goodness for Gurley and the defense with Talib back. At the end of the day the Rams still scored 30pts which is scary to think that if the offense looked better they couldve scored 42pts. They settled for way too many field goals and turned the ball over twice and still won by two tds. Again its amazing what Talib being back does for this defense. Held Golladay to 3 catches for 50yds. The entire receiving group only had 11 catches for 110yds and no tds. The Rams defense held Blount to under 4ypc and barely had over 60yds rushing. So if anyone doesnt think Talib makes that much of a difference today showed that he does.

Congrats to the Rams being the first team to win its division and clinch a playoff berth. Thats a small fish to fry. We have bigger fish to fry and thats getting that 1 seed. We are in sole possession of the top spot in not only the NFC but the NFL. 

Offense looked out of sync. Goff had a bad day. We need to get that cleaned up for the Bears game. I believe we will. Encouraging performance by the defense, but we still need more. Fowler Jr. is coming on in a big way. Donald is the best defensive player in football. It's not even close. Suh had a good day. Barron and Littleton were inconsistent. Ebukam needs to play with more gap integrity. Brockers has been a JAG for weeks. I don't get it. 

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Ill say this though, I feel bad for the Bears next week. McVay usually dont allow his team to play back to back bad games on offense. Thats why every time the Rams have their lowest point totals of the season they follow that up the next week averaging over 18pts more that they scored the previous week. Now I dont know how the weather will look in Chicago for SNF game but if its not crazy bad with snow and wind, the Rams are going to put up at least 30pts on them. Had the Rams played great on offense today I wouldnt think that but today they have looked far from sharp and McVay is going to get them focused for next week. 

More like I feel bad for y'all when Bears make it tougher on you to get the #1 seed. ;)You're going to get a pissed off and hungry Bears team getting their #1 QB back. Going to be a heck of a game.

Archived