Coaching Staff News Thread (Update: Offensive staff overhaul incoming (obv))

.Buzz

15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

And there it goes.

Don't really blame him one bit for that.  It's probably a better situation for him long term.  He'll be the HC there soon enough, with a lot more stability/security than walking into a tenuous Jacksonville situation with a rookie QB.

Its pretty amazing that a guy fired as HC in Texas Tech becomes the pseudo coach in waiting for USC

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Bright young offensive mind. There's a reason why he was a hot commodity...

I'm speaking more of USC's status.  It used to be that their OC (even QB coach)  get promotions elsewhere and are poached by other teams. 

Now a guy who TT didn't think was good enough for them is good enough for USC.

It used to be the other way around

1 hour ago, Speedyg said:

I'm speaking more of USC's status.  It used to be that their OC (even QB coach)  get promotions elsewhere and are poached by other teams. 

Now a guy who TT didn't think was good enough for them is good enough for USC.

It used to be the other way around

You have to look at the caliber of talent Tech gets they get near the bottom of the barrel as far as in state competition goes. At SC he'll have top level college talent to work with he is going to SC as a coordinator not the head coach so it's not a lateral move. Tech couldn't build a defense which is hard to do especially if you are behind the eight ball on, in state recruiting. There are not many dominate college defenses in college unless you're pulling in elite top 5 recruiting classes every year. Offense was never the issue at Tech it was the defense.

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

You have to look at the caliber of talent Tech gets they get near the bottom of the barrel as far as in state competition goes. At SC he'll have top level college talent to work with he is going to SC as a coordinator not the head coach so it's not a lateral move. Tech couldn't build a defense which is hard to do especially if you are behind the eight ball on, in state recruiting. There are not many dominate college defenses in college unless you're pulling in elite top 5 recruiting classes every year. Offense was never the issue at Tech it was the defense.

the defense is an issue in that entire confrence

On 07/12/2018 at 3:14 PM, .Buzz said:

On 07/12/2018 at 5:24 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Nor should he ask

Dont ask questions you dont want answers to

No kidding.  xD

Would be especially hilarious if we're talking about a guy going in the day after that complete turd of a game on Thursday "primetime" and asking if his job is safe.  That'd be like turning in an unfinished term paper smeared with **** and slightly on fire...then walking into office hours after class and asking the Prof if you're still getting an A in the course.

22 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Fwiw, I hope this happens. I get he's had a rough go at it in Minnesota but I love what I've heard about him prior to this year. I think he'd be a great mind to help develop a young QB.

Archived