Coaching Staff News Thread (Update: Offensive staff overhaul incoming (obv))

.Buzz

On 09/12/2018 at 10:12 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I love Tom but I dont want to see him die on the sideline

lmao.  But seriously...

It just doesn't make any sense for him to step back down onto the sidelines.  It would be bad for everyone.

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

Unfortunately 

We went to the AFC Championship game last year. This is Marrone's 2nd season and a lot of stuff has went wrong (Blake, injuries, etc.). 

It's fun to blow it up and have a clean slate but it's really not deserved to fire everyone. 

Grab new coordinators. Fire Caldwell as he's been here for far too long and hasn't gotten the results and failed on his QB pick.

36 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We went to the AFC Championship game last year. This is Marrone's 2nd season and a lot of stuff has went wrong (Blake, injuries, etc.). 

It's fun to blow it up and have a clean slate but it's really not deserved to fire everyone. 

Grab new coordinators. Fire Caldwell as he's been here for far too long and hasn't gotten the results and failed on his QB pick.

That opportunity has passed people are still hung up on a game away, that was eons ago. As much as you want to think that it’s as easy as picking up a rookie QB and this team is going to miraculously return to the playoffs you’re fooling yourself. This team needs a full restoration from the QB all the way to the top on who’s calling the shots on this organization. Because what going to end up happening is when it fails again and then Coughlin realizes he’s up and age and needs to step down in 2 years and you have a QB who is drafted by this leadership group and than they go out and employ a new VC than he we wants to clean house because he doesn’t like the GM, HC, and QB that the Coughlin regime hired than what? These things seldomly work out why people were saying it wasn’t in the best interest to higher Coughlin to begin with injuries aside or not Marrone and the rest of the front office have dropped the ball this year period. I’m damn sure not for keeping Marrone when he is going to trot out Wash with the same tired *** defensive scheme in 2019. But hey let’s end up like the 15’ Raiders and Giants 1 good season every 5 seasons cool let’s do it. 

2 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

That opportunity has passed people are still hung up on a game away, that was eons ago. As much as you want to think that it’s as easy as picking up a rookie QB and this team is going to miraculously return to the playoffs you’re fooling yourself. This team needs a full restoration from the QB all the way to the top on who’s calling the shots on this organization. Because what going to end up happening is when it fails again and then Coughlin realizes he’s up and age and needs to step down in 2 years and you have a QB who is drafted by this leadership group and than they go out and employ a new VC than he we wants to clean house because he doesn’t like the GM, HC, and QB that the Coughlin regime hired than what? These things seldomly work out why people were saying it wasn’t in the best interest to higher Coughlin to begin with injuries aside or not Marrone and the rest of the front office have dropped the ball this year period. I’m damn sure not for keeping Marrone when he is going to trot out Wash with the same tired *** defensive scheme in 2019. But hey let’s end up like the 15’ Raiders and Giants 1 good season every 5 seasons cool let’s do it. 

I never said they would miraculously turn it around. But a coach and team that was just in the AFCC game after being in the cellar for a decade isn't getting canned the year after. They just aren't. If Marrone/Coughlin and co. were here for a year or two longer prior than maybe, but when they've only had leadership positions for two seasons and one of those seasons we over performed and made a deep playoff run, they aren't going to be let go this quick.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

if were changing coordinators i could see deflippo and Pettine being the choices. 

Quoting from Goodall I assume? He's been all over that. Easy to connect the dots with Coughlib/Marrone.

On 12/12/2018 at 7:48 AM, DuvalsKing said:

I mean...there's some truth in this.  But even if we leave some of the same people in important positions and they draft another QB and start that process over again...in a few years, we'll either have a franchise QB or we'll be back in the QB market with a real housecleaning and starting all over again from the ground up.  Unless they draft exceptionally in the next few years, this defense is going to fall into shambles by then as well.  So if they don't find a QB who can make a difference in the next couple years, we're going to be starting right back from the very bottom, basically a totally clean slate in a few years either way.

I don't really see the harm in letting some of these guys stay and seeing if they can salvage any of that "game away" momentum.  We're not going to completely blow up the team just yet.  The defense at least.  Doesn't hurt to at least try to get a few fresh faces into the front office, move a few pieces around and see if they can build some semblance of an offense while our defense is still good.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived