Coaching Staff News Thread (Update: Offensive staff overhaul incoming (obv))

.Buzz

7 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

This is an intriguing option. He's pretty highly thought of.

Not sure hes high up on my wish list just due to the struggles Rosen had, but idk if that's on him or not. But he's an intriguing option.

Wish we had an idea on the plan at DC. Our defense still was largely solid outside of turnovers. Ranked highly in most all categories. But I don't like this scheme at all. Plus the penalties and lack of discipline...I'd like to see a move.

I still think Marrone can be the guy, I like him. But there's been so many problems this year and it's hard to feel like that will get fixed with literally everyone back.

37 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This isn't going to end well for Marrone because as a leader you can't go from relaxed happy go lucky guy to a strict hard ***. Subordinates don't respond well to 180 degree changes from an individuals in leadership positions so if he thinks he is going to go from lax to busting these guys nuts next year he is going to be in for a rude awakening the locker room is going to tune him out and not listen to anything he says next year I expect a similar year next year to this year expect a lot more turmoil.

59 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Wish we had an idea on the plan at DC. Our defense still was largely solid outside of turnovers. Ranked highly in most all categories. But I don't like this scheme at all. Plus the penalties and lack of discipline...I'd like to see a move.

I still think Marrone can be the guy, I like him. But there's been so many problems this year and it's hard to feel like that will get fixed with literally everyone back.

Wash will be back next year you can already hear the press talking him up because they quote on quote finished the second half of the season as the 3rd ranked scoring defense. More predictable cover 2, cover 3 zone with sprinkled man coming at you. They will sell you on that with better offense the defense will improve but I don't know how you think the offense is going to take huge strides with a new QB whether vet or rookie and majority of new parts and that its going to seemingly blend into a decent offense next year.. good luck with that.

22 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

This isn't going to end well for Marrone because as a leader you can't go from relaxed happy go lucky guy to a strict hard ***. Subordinates don't respond well to 180 degree changes from an individuals in leadership positions so if he thinks he is going to go from lax to busting these guys nuts next year he is going to be in for a rude awakening the locker room is going to tune him out and not listen to anything he says next year I expect a similar year next year to this year expect a lot more turmoil.

He wasn't far one way I don't think. He's always had the rep of being a hard *** and his off-season workouts/TC show that. Just maybe let some stuff go that he shouldn't have and/or vice versa.

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

Offense is understandable because they want to give the incoming OC a clean slate to work from the defensive side is making everyone else fall on the sword but Wash.

The defense didn't even perform bad. It wasn't last year but it was still a top 5 unit. I don't like Wash's scheme so I'd like him gone, but he doesn't "deserve" to be fired. Maybe he should I guess if you want to for some guys being undisciplined but for pure play/production, no.

Archived