Coaching Staff News Thread (Update: Offensive staff overhaul incoming (obv))

.Buzz

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I'm into it.  Seems like a potentially really good fit.

Seemed like he caught a bit of a bad rep on his way out of Seattle, but that kinda thing tends to happen when you run the same team's offense for that many years.  Everyone's got a shelf life.  Gonna grow stale on the team and the fanbase.

He's got lots of attractive credentials whether we go with a young rookie QB or a game managing Vet, and seems like he should slide right in with Marrone without causing a looming HC in waiting distraction or anything.  Gotta be better than Hackett...especially if we can give him a QB that isn't Bortles-bad to work with.

23 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

aint nobody gonna hire him as a DC so

You know how?

Top 5 defense back to back years. Regardless of talent, the results speak for themselves. We may be frustrated with him, but he would definitely catch on somewhere. It's late in the process kind of for DC, but I wouldn't he too sure about that.

He's definitely better than a good chunk of current DC's.

Yeah. I've said this before, but I think we almost all agree that Wash is at least an above average DC. The issues and frustrations come from not getting as much as we should have out of a defense filled with elite talent. The only way he wouldn't immediately catch on somewhere else is if it was an issue of timing.

13 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Yeah. I've said this before, but I think we almost all agree that Wash is at least an above average DC. The issues and frustrations come from not getting as much as we should have out of a defense filled with elite talent. The only way he wouldn't immediately catch on somewhere else is if it was an issue of timing.

His scheme certainly struggles vs good playcallers.  See 49ers game

Feel like i've never really been all that impressed with Kubiak's offenses.  Feels like he always gets a ton of credit and hype for what he does, but it seems mostly pretty stale to me.  Probably wouldn't be the worst fit for us here, given the personnel we have/are likely to have, and getting the most out of them.  But as a whole...meh.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Feel like i've never really been all that impressed with Kubiak's offenses.  Feels like he always gets a ton of credit and hype for what he does, but it seems mostly pretty stale to me.  Probably wouldn't be the worst fit for us here, given the personnel we have/are likely to have, and getting the most out of them.  But as a whole...meh.

If he can at least bring some of that zone-run blocking that was a catalyst for many Denver rushing attack's, it would be worth it already.

Archived