Coaching Staff News Thread (Update: Offensive staff overhaul incoming (obv))

.Buzz

On 12/6/2018 at 5:36 AM, Tugboat said:

And there it goes.

Don't really blame him one bit for that.  It's probably a better situation for him long term.  He'll be the HC there soon enough, with a lot more stability/security than walking into a tenuous Jacksonville situation with a rookie QB.

Everybody is just looking for the next McVay.

Joe Woods is being looked at for a Def assistant for DB and possibly a DC assistant I don’t know how the hell that’ll work if at all.

1 hour ago, Speedyg said:

Wonder if this means Monken is the OC?

Certainly points that way with us filling an Offensive staff position with a guy who worked with an OC candidate.

I'm sure whoever their guy is they're speaking to him about the open spots/current staff.

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Certainly points that way with us filling an Offensive staff position with a guy who worked with an OC candidate.

I'm sure whoever their guy is they're speaking to him about the open spots/current staff.

Seems like it would've been weird to bring in some under staff before bringing in the OC...even if we had been going with Monken.

I'd almost think naming an OLine coach before an OC might hint at Bevell more, who apparently let Cable run a lot of the ground game stuff as an OLine coach/quasi Run Game Coordinator type thing.  But who knows.  It's weird in pretty much any sense to have staff hires coming out before the OC.

33 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Yet another swing and a miss for the Jags.

Or bullet dodged.  Depending on how you look at it.

He seems to be able to run an offense that piles up some ground yardage and can shelter a bad QB, but it seems like such a "low ceiling/low floor" hire.  I'm not heartbroken he chose to go elsewhere.  Not like they clearly went all in on Kubiak and missed out anyway.  They just expressed some interest and it didn't pan out.  big whoop.

Archived