4 Round mock: Team by team

DaPatsKid98

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greedy_Williams

At first, I got excited about Jets taking him in 3rd but thank you for a gravely false hope. grr!!

DT going to Jets in top 5?  I understand he is BPA but come on.

Trading for De'Sean Jackson is risky but good.

McCoy in 4th is okay for now.

Sir if you do not want Qunnen Williams the Falcons will GLADLY take him instead at our 6th pick.   Williams or Oliver would be the Falcons dream 2 players if we could get 1 of them.

1) i wouldnt trade a 7th for flacco never the less a 3rd for flacco. that contract with the jags cap problems is NO BUENO. 

2) the draft it self is very meh. 

i can get behind the oliver pick because well hes probably BPA there but im not sure if we need to pick a 3tech with jackson and Bryan already at the spot. 

round 2 i dont think we can afford to pass on Daniel Jones QB Duke.  hes perfect if we want to keep the offense similiar to what we currently run. 

round3a) i dont do that trade so id go with the best OL available so Dalton Risner.  round 3B) i feel the team is fine at cb especially with the young talent we have stacked up this past UDFA period with Tre Herndon, Quentin meeks, and dee delaney.  i would go IRV Smith because frankly hes gotta be BPA and we need a TE for our QB to throw to anyways. 

round 4 DE is a need but im not sure winovich is that guy we need for our defense. i would select OT Prince Otango because honestly RT has been a Sieve this year for us and im not 100% sold on our rookie 4th rounder being his replacement as hes barely played this year due to injury. 

11 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

1) i wouldnt trade a 7th for flacco never the less a 3rd for flacco. that contract with the jags cap problems is NO BUENO. 

2) the draft it self is very meh. 

i can get behind the oliver pick because well hes probably BPA there but im not sure if we need to pick a 3tech with jackson and Bryan already at the spot. 

round 2 i dont think we can afford to pass on Daniel Jones QB Duke.  hes perfect if we want to keep the offense similiar to what we currently run. 

round3a) i dont do that trade so id go with the best OL available so Dalton Risner.  round 3B) i feel the team is fine at cb especially with the young talent we have stacked up this past UDFA period with Tre Herndon, Quentin meeks, and dee delaney.  i would go IRV Smith because frankly hes gotta be BPA and we need a TE for our QB to throw to anyways. 

round 4 DE is a need but im not sure winovich is that guy we need for our defense. i would select OT Prince Otango because honestly RT has been a Sieve this year for us and im not 100% sold on our rookie 4th rounder being his replacement as hes barely played this year due to injury. 

I agree with a lot of this. Forget about who we are passing on for a minute. Oliver is obviously a beast. I wish BPA and need met nicely here but they don't. Heck, I wish BPA was on the other side of the ball. 

Trading for Flacco is a terrible idea. Not only is it a waste of a 3rd round pick, he doesn't give us a QB that realistically gives us a chance to compete while the defense is intact. You're better off bringing in a FA journeyman to bridge the gap before a rookie takes over. Also, we simply can't afford to pay him and Bortles and even cutting Bortles doesnt save us half of Flacco's contract

I'm fine going with a top WR in round 2. Dont like going CB in the 3rd because I think we are solid there top to bottom

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree with a lot of this. Forget about who we are passing on for a minute. Oliver is obviously a beast. I wish BPA and need met nicely here but they don't. Heck, I wish BPA was on the other side of the ball. 

Trading for Flacco is a terrible idea. Not only is it a waste of a 3rd round pick, he doesn't give us a QB that realistically gives us a chance to compete while the defense is intact. You're better off bringing in a FA journeyman to bridge the gap before a rookie takes over. Also, we simply can't afford to pay him and Bortles and even cutting Bortles doesnt save us half of Flacco's contract

I'm fine going with a top WR in round 2. Dont like going CB in the 3rd because I think we are solid there top to bottom

i prefer grabbing a good QB who seems to be a fit for most offenses tho we will find out what the teams identity will be when we get our permanant OC. 

Love the Baker pick.

I would go Andre Dillard round 2 look towards next year to get our QB and continue to build the young talent at other positions. 

Deebo is fine there

Oshane Ximines next for Denver as we lose both Ray and Barrett we need a third guy and if he falls this far which he won’t we have to take him.

Tre Lamar with the last fourth. 

I'm a bit behind on prospects for this year, so I can't say much there. Position wise though, I think you've made good selections for the first 2-3 picks for the Lions. However, I don't agree that we would take a QB in the 4th round. Mid-round QB's rarely pan out and we have at least 1-2 years with Stafford still at the helm. We have other needs that will likely need to be addressed in round 4. A developmental QB could be drafted in rounds 6 - 7 as we have multiple picks in those rounds.

Browns are desperate for another DE and DT both of which are plentiful in rounds 1 and 2. We got neither. 

Devin white could be a difference maker so I guess I’m okay with it. Trey Adams injury history is just too much for me at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 10:04 PM, DaPatsKid98 said:

Houston Texans: #26 Noah Fant TE Iowa

#32 Raekwon Davis DT Alabama

#58 Juan Thornhill S Virginia

NO to each of these picks.

- Texans just drafted two TEs last draft (Jordan Thomas and Jordan Akins) that are both progressing well. Fant doesn't end up in Houston unless he falls out of the first two days of the draft (which he won't).

- DL isn't something we'd trade up for, our current unit of JJ Watt, DJ Reader, Christian Covington, Antonio Blackson and Brandon Dunn is more than adequate. DL depth might be a late round dart throw, but they're not burning multiple draft picks on a guy who will end up backing up someone. 

- S is probably the strongest position on the team with Kareem Jackson, Tyrann Mathieu and Justin Reid. 

Positions of need are OT, OG, CB. After that, depth at OLB, RB and WR. Quite literally, the three positions the Texans will not draft will be TE, DL and S.

Archived