GB's and Slappers: Saints at Dallas

HDsportsfan

And just to be clear what really frustrates me a lot is I personally feel Dak overall is a MIDDLE of the pack QB   Maybe 13 tops And Elliot is a TOP 1 or 2 RB    YET last game Dak and our D was why we won  despite the refs and our OL

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

...... Okay, I guess. I think OC/DC happens to be very important and that is their direct responsibility. I mean is a CEO really responsible if Sue in accounting makes a billing error? Indirectly, I guess. And Garrett should take blame for keeping Linehan. But the actual playcalling is not his responsibility. 

If your delegating to a moron. Then you are infact responsible for the results.

1 hour ago, quiller said:

And just to be clear what really frustrates me a lot is I personally feel Dak overall is a MIDDLE of the pack QB   Maybe 13 tops And Elliot is a TOP 1 or 2 RB    YET last game Dak and our D was why we won  despite the refs and our OL

Where in the world did you get this? Dak playing great against one of the worst passing defenses in the league? Then knocking Zeke for not having another 150 yard game against the No.1 ranked rushing defense? The bulk of Dak stats came from the first half. His lone passing TD went to *guess who* Zeke. Linehan and his absolutely dumbazz play calling still only accounted for Dak being able to put up numbers that would be ok for someone like Rodgers or Brees and yall treat it like he was a one man wrecking crew this game. This same Saints defense that gave up over 30 against the Rams, Falcons, and Bucs. Out of all the teams who have played them wanna guess which teams we actually beat out in scoring against that defense? The Eagles.......that's it. That defense which is really not that impressive we only managed to drop 13 points on. And only 1 TD at that which came again from ZEKE.

The 2nd half of the game was pitiful for our offense. Don't sugarcoat it outside of 1 play that Dak made for rushing for 11 yards.

2nd half stats for Dak.

Passing yards- 44

Passing Yard Average- 3.6 (Which BTW was on par with Zeke's avg per carry)

Passing Attempts-12

Rushing Yards-11

Sacks- 3 and yes some in this game were on Dak

Yards lost from sacks- 18

Total yards-  37

Total plays- 16

No. of passing plays over 10 yards- 0

Again against the 29th ranked passing defense. We should have put the Saints away by the 3rd quarter and ran away with it by the 2nd. Coaching held us back. But lets not pretend that Dak did not have his share of faults (which were plenty mind you). I'm happy he battled through and didn't just cower like our coaches did. But he made mistakes. No he does not deserve a game ball although I wouldn't give him a jock either.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Where in the world did you get this? Dak playing great against one of the worst passing defenses in the league? Then knocking Zeke for not having another 150 yard game against the No.1 ranked rushing defense? The bulk of Dak stats came from the first half. His lone passing TD went to *guess who* Zeke. Linehan and his absolutely dumbazz play calling still only accounted for Dak being able to put up numbers that would be ok for someone like Rodgers or Brees and yall treat it like he was a one man wrecking crew this game. This same Saints defense that gave up over 30 against the Rams, Falcons, and Bucs. Out of all the teams who have played them wanna guess which teams we actually beat out in scoring against that defense? The Eagles.......that's it. That defense which is really not that impressive we only managed to drop 13 points on. And only 1 TD at that which came again from ZEKE.

The 2nd half of the game was pitiful for our offense. Don't sugarcoat it outside of 1 play that Dak made for rushing for 11 yards.

2nd half stats for Dak.

Passing yards- 44

Passing Yard Average- 3.6 (Which BTW was on par with Zeke's avg per carry)

Passing Attempts-12

Rushing Yards-11

Sacks- 3 and yes some in this game were on Dak

Yards lost from sacks- 18

Total yards-  37

Total plays- 16

No. of passing plays over 10 yards- 0

Again against the 29th ranked passing defense. We should have put the Saints away by the 3rd quarter and ran away with it by the 2nd. Coaching held us back. But lets not pretend that Dak did not have his share of faults (which were plenty mind you). I'm happy he battled through and didn't just cower like our coaches did. But he made mistakes. No he does not deserve a game ball although I wouldn't give him a jock either.

This is the typical response you get when you say anything even remotely positive for Dak.     So let me get this straight Dak and his play was the main reason we even scored 13 points at all.  Look at first half that was all Dak and his production 

now second half offense was putrid only had three total drives    Oh yeah. Let’s give Elliot a pass and I did if you notice the whole post for not getting big runs but in the same breath blame Dak because the same putrid OL play that is limiting Elliot is also limiting Dak    And I am sorry not all SACKS are the QB fault.  And in fact I would argue the last sack is a spot where a sack was the correct play on his part The FUMBLE you bet he has to stop fumbling but the rest when he is what 9-11 throwing ball second half younreally have to look past HIM being to find the main reason the O was putrid

and PS the TD. Was I think 60% play call design 20% execution blocking 10% passing 10% RB getting it in.

Oh  just a break down of our putrid second half.  

1st drive sack killed it early. I put that on OL

2 Nd drive holding call on running play 

3rd drive was really a good job  by the O burning clock didn’t get points from the fumble which was 50% Dak 50% OL

And yes you can yell like me at the Missed TD  

14 hours ago, quiller said:

This is the typical response you get when you say anything even remotely positive for Dak.     So let me get this straight Dak and his play was the main reason we even scored 13 points at all.  Look at first half that was all Dak and his production 

Because Dak has freaking problems. Believe it or not he does, him running into his own lineman in a clean pocket instead of just stepping up is bad pocket awareness. From I counted 3 of those sacks were on Dak and one was kinda iffy.

Sure Dak and Zeke was the main reason why we even scored 13. Give credit where it's due some of Dak's biggest plays that game came from the screen passes ok? Screen passes where the receiver does the bulk of the production.

now second half offense was putrid only had three total drives    Oh yeah. Let’s give Elliot a pass and I did if you notice the whole post for not getting big runs but in the same breath blame Dak because the same putrid OL play that is limiting Elliot is also limiting Dak    And I am sorry not all SACKS are the QB fault.  And in fact I would argue the last sack is a spot where a sack was the correct play on his part The FUMBLE you bet he has to stop fumbling but the rest when he is what 9-11 throwing ball second half younreally have to look past HIM being to find the main reason the O was putrid

You wanted to give Dak a game ball but not Zeke. Zeke who was responsible for our only TD.

So wait are you saying Dak intentionally held onto that ball to get sacked?

and PS the TD. Was I think 60% play call design 20% execution blocking 10% passing 10% RB getting it in.

You think? You got your math on hand because I would love to see that. Sure a screen was the correct call in that situation. Considering SL never calls screens even when they would be very benificial the Saints were probably dumfounded by the playcalling. So heres a thumbs up to Linehan for dooping that Saints defense another finger for the other 90% of his play calling that has f^&ked us over in the past.

Oh  just a break down of our putrid second half.  

1st drive sack killed it early. I put that on OL

Of course you would. 3 seconds into the play and Dak is still standing there like a statue. Didn't see that bandit coming at him because his eyes were busy downfield. Totally on the OL and yea I saw that same play too. And that was 1st and 10.

2 Nd drive holding call on running play 

Really? So you're still not going to address that all of Dak's passes that drive were for 5 yards or less? Even Zeke's 10 yarder still was a dump off pass for like 3 yards.

3rd drive was really a good job  by the O burning clock didn’t get points from the fumble which was 50% Dak 50% OL

And yes you can yell like me at the Missed TD  

Yea the meant to be sack and Dak meant for that to happen. Stop making things up. No coach even Garrett in their right mind would allow their QB to "just" take a sack like that and risk injury. They would do something you probably missed at the very end of the game and that's take a knee. He may run around, buy time, then fall to the ground to let the defender touch him to take the sack but he would not just stand there. Face it Quiller that was a sack on Dak and Collins and the 50% Dak part was not out of some sort of brilliant scheme on his part it was because he just didn't sense the pressure coming.

That was the worst freaking argument I've ever heard in Dak's defense.

At the very least I gave credit where it was due.

You saying that Dak's problems which can be attributed to a sack which IYO was some mastermind play on his part and the fumbles (even you can't justify) were his only problems.

23 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

@quiller and @Matts4313 with maybe a few others are the few voices of reason left, afloat in a sea of negativity and in many cases stupidity. Thank you for having the strength and fortitude for fighting the good fight, paddling against the stream and keeping my sanity while holding off the Mob of (choose your own word here).

I often ask myself, "how many people were killed throughout history because of Dumb Mob mentalities". "How many people were burned alive as witches because of constant rhetoric screamed by the insane, only to be followed by the weaker, easily guided sheep, who eventually over took all reason and logic and humanity for their own zealous goals or dumb ideologies".

Damn the sheep on here!!!!

Holy **** man taking your freaking blinders  off. What you think there just Dak haters here? No he has legitimate flaws that fans media and nfl executives have pointed out time and time again. If you want to put your  head in the sand and ignore that Dak has some big time issues well that’s on you. 

38 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Holy **** man taking your freaking blinders  off. What you think there just Dak haters here? No he has legitimate flaws that fans media and nfl executives have pointed out time and time again. If you want to put your  head in the sand and ignore that Dak has some big time issues well that’s on you. 

There is nothing wrong admitting Dak has flaws. The problem is there about 5 posters of the 10 guys who post here who absolutely refuse to admit Dak does a lot of things right. All they do is talk about the negatives. 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

There is nothing wrong admitting Dak has flaws. The problem is there about 5 posters of the 10 guys who post here who absolutely refuse to admit Dak does a lot of things right. All they do is talk about the negatives. 

Ok I’ll name you Dak positives. He seems to be a natural born leader. Runs the read option well. I think he has a nice touch on his long pass despite missing the wide open Gallup for a td. He’s as tough as they come and doesn’t throw many int partly because he doesn’t take a lot of chances. I think Dak is what he is a solid game manager. 

25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Because you refuse to acknowledge anything wrong with him besides the fumbling problem. I've pointed out what Dak does right multiple times and have gone against his neysayers when they wanted to put it all on Dak. But for some reason that's not good enough for you guys and want him to have the bulk share of credit for the success but when it is fault then you say no no no it was really this guys fault.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak has some really good intangibles.

However I'm not sure they can overcome his lack of pocket awareness, inability to read the field and fear of throwing downfield.

I do think a better coaching staff can help him to an extent but if we end up paying the guy $25 million a year, he wont be able to overcome some of the pieces that we will lose by paying him.

If teams can get us in a 3rd and long, its almost a guaranteed punt due to his check downs.

I get all QBs miss throws but if we expect to make noise in the playoffs, he cannot continue to not close out games because he misses passes like he did to Gallup.

Archived