GB's and Slappers: Saints at Dallas

HDsportsfan

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:37 PM, Calvert28 said:

Where in the world did you get this? Dak playing great against one of the worst passing defenses in the league? Then knocking Zeke for not having another 150 yard game against the No.1 ranked rushing defense? The bulk of Dak stats came from the first half. His lone passing TD went to *guess who* Zeke. Linehan and his absolutely dumbazz play calling still only accounted for Dak being able to put up numbers that would be ok for someone like Rodgers or Brees and yall treat it like he was a one man wrecking crew this game. This same Saints defense that gave up over 30 against the Rams, Falcons, and Bucs. Out of all the teams who have played them wanna guess which teams we actually beat out in scoring against that defense? The Eagles.......that's it. That defense which is really not that impressive we only managed to drop 13 points on. And only 1 TD at that which came again from ZEKE.

The 2nd half of the game was pitiful for our offense. Don't sugarcoat it outside of 1 play that Dak made for rushing for 11 yards.

2nd half stats for Dak.

Passing yards- 44

Passing Yard Average- 3.6 (Which BTW was on par with Zeke's avg per carry)

Passing Attempts-12

Rushing Yards-11

Sacks- 3 and yes some in this game were on Dak

Yards lost from sacks- 18

Total yards-  37

Total plays- 16

No. of passing plays over 10 yards- 0

Again against the 29th ranked passing defense. We should have put the Saints away by the 3rd quarter and ran away with it by the 2nd. Coaching held us back. But lets not pretend that Dak did not have his share of faults (which were plenty mind you). I'm happy he battled through and didn't just cower like our coaches did. But he made mistakes. No he does not deserve a game ball although I wouldn't give him a jock either.

one of the biggest mis-leading stats. When a great team like the Saints, get a big lead in games (every game until us) other teams have to abandon the run game and pass away vs a probably "prevent defense" like secondary. 

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

one of the biggest mis-leading stats. When a great team like the Saints, get a big lead in games (every game until us) other teams have to abandon the run game and pass away vs a probably "prevent defense" like secondary. 

So it's just coincidence that Dak had arguably the best game of the season against them?

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

So it's just coincidence that Dak had arguably the best game of the season against them?

Just pointing out that they may not be as bad as 29. All while believing that Dak, since the addition of Cooper, are starting to gel more and this offense as a whole are continuing to get better perhaps.

Why do football people, even professionals, still consider total yards allowed as the main stat to rank defenses and offenses?

Oh yeah? The 37.7 ppg, 10-1 saints, are #1 against the run and last against the pass?

Hmmm I wonder why.....

What are they ranked per attempt!? That's when you become one of the enlightened.

13 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Why do football people, even professionals, still consider total yards allowed as the main stat to rank defenses and offenses?

Oh yeah? The 37.7 ppg, 10-1 saints, are #1 against the run and last against the pass?

Hmmm I wonder why.....

What are they ranked per attempt!? That's when you become one of the enlightened.

I think your comment proves my point. No one runs against the Saints they don't have time therefore Saints ranked number one against the Run see.

Archived