The Welder and the Wolf Hunter

Texas_OutLaw7

Then Coach spent a bunch of time talking from the heart about adversity, and fighting through, and how the only way to get beyond tough times is to put your head down and push forward. I guess sometimes that stuff can come off as corny or whatever, but that whole moment — the talk, the realness of it all, the whole do-or-die thing — it all just really resonated.

We totally bought in, each and every one of us. We were all just like, “He’s right. This is on us. We gotta to get through this and not have this bad start define our season.”

And, I don’t know, it’s almost like this team has been on a mission ever since.

@htfryar has a new favorite Cowboys:

I know that probably sounds crazy, but when I met with a bunch of Cowboys coaches for my formal interview at the combine, we honestly talked more about hunting than football. It was maybe a minute or two of me introducing myself, and a few quick football questions, but then the rest of the time was all about….

Hunting.

Honestly, I expected this — playing at this level, in the NFL, and making an immediate impact for my team. I’ve envisioned myself in this position ever since I was a young boy. And not just like as a ridiculous dream or something. From almost as early as I can remember, I was convinced that I was going to be a professional football player. I was never not going to play in the NFL. I was bound and determined and serious about that. I trusted it would happen, and I went with it. With my entire mind and body. I was never cocky or conceited about it. I stayed humble. And worked hard. But I envisioned this as something I actually knew in my heart that I would accomplish. Not hoped. Not wished.

Knew.

Swag. 

44 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Wow...you left me out. Stop being an *** just because I started the playoffs thread when you weren't ready.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I read it. I was curious as to how the forum would respond regarding all the praise he gives Garrett. It was a good article, for sure. Nice find. 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I read it. I was curious as to how the forum would respond regarding all the praise he gives Garrett. It was a good article, for sure. Nice find. 

Redball leaves a lot to be desired as a Coach.

But he has always had the heart of the team with him. They will run through walls for him. And he's a fantastic roster-builder. 

If we can just get schemers around him to coordinate...

Love LVE.  He gets it.  The game is not too big for him.  Tremendous instincts.  His pick was a home run.

Re Garrett.  Lord knows I've been critical of him.  But the season was on the verge of implosion, and now we sit at 8-5 and are in the driver's seat re the division.  Didn't think I would see it.  I'll give the devil his due.  He kept the club together, focused, and is due credit.  Now finish the job.  Clinch the division.  Win some playoff games.  One game at a time.

Archived