Kareem Hunt Altercation

RaidersAreOne

By some of the reactions you'd think Hunt KO some random girl for no apparent reason. 

The girl was the only one who threw a punch. 

Now don't get me wrong Hunt is also in the wrong and the leauge should punish him. But people talking like he should be banned for life or get a lengthy suspension are overreacting. 

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Does anyone have a link to the "brutalized" incident? Or was that just a headline grabbing title from TMZ?

Its a terrible title. Its a goup of people arguing in what appears a public domain (hotel hallway, not trespassing as some are stating). He  keeps getting held back while they yell at eachother. He then pushes the group, a dude falls down, a chick slams into the wall and collapses. As he is getting held, he "kicks" her - - but its not really a kick. It more of a push with his foot.

1 minute ago, jarren said:

The girl hit Hunt first. 

This defense stops mattering AT ALL when...

You are 5x stronger than the other person, you are surrounded by a crew of friends who are equally strong, you are a millionaire who can afford protection both physically and legally, and you can leave to a hotel room and lock the door and call the cops.

It really doesn't matter at this point.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Its a terrible title. Its a goup of people arguing in what appears a public domain (hotel hallway, not trespassing as some are stating). He  keeps getting held back while they yell at eachother. He then pushes the group, a dude falls down, a chick slams into the wall and collapses. As he is getting held, he "kicks" her - - but its not really a kick. It more of a push with his foot.

Sensationlist BS, like you'd expect from that rag, but you are missing the first part where he shoves her a couple of times. I wouldn't be at all comfortable seeing a 220lb man shove a woman like that, even if she was being a total brat. It's obviously nothing like the Rice thing, but still not cool and actually could land him in trouble

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Basically what im seeing as well.

Still not a great look for him. The court of public opinion waits for no one.

Just now, Chiefer said:

Basically what im seeing as well.

Still not a great look for him. The court of public opinion waits for no one.

To be quite clear, I think that push was very aggressive. It would take a lot of strength to send 2 different people flying like that.

2 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

This defense stops mattering AT ALL when...

You are 5x stronger than the other person, you are surrounded by a crew of friends who are equally strong, you are a millionaire who can afford protection both physically and legally, and you can leave to a hotel room and lock the door and call the cops.

It really doesn't matter at this point.

It didnt matter because shes a woman. A smaller guy getting beat up isnt big news and less would care.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That's what I saw. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean what he did wasn't wrong, but when I read "brutalize" I'm expecting someone is repeatedly attacked over and over while being defenseless. 

This was more along the lines of drunken encounters that happen daily in every city (again, does not mean its right), but given the context of who did the pushing, and the fact that no punishment (legal or NFL), this is going to blow up considerably.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

To be quite clear, I think that push was very aggressive. It would take a lot of strength to send 2 different people flying like that.

Oh definitely have you seen this guy break tackles? Him against common folk is like a cartoon

27 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Having worked for a DA's office, depending on the state law, for assault charges to be filed there could need to be either actual physical injury(which she may not have had) or imminent fear of physical injury.  The second part is largely determined by a victim's mindset which might not have been able to be determined.

I'm in no way condoning his behavior, and it could have just been the cops not wanting to arrest him, but there could be an actual legal explanation for that part.

20 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I've done preliminary hearings on assault cases, and if there is no actual, physical injury, then you have to show that they feared actual injury.  And it could be determined by a judge in early stages.  But that was based on Tennessee law, so this could be different.  I'd have to actually read the relevant law.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

It can be more difficult than you think.  Because different people have different responses to the same situation.  

12 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

The police and prosecutors both saw the videos. Where are the arrest and charges at?

This was my response in the other thread.  

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Agreed, the push (directed towards the male, the female took collateral damage) was a lot more severe than the 'kick'.

Archived