Kareem Hunt Altercation

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, game3525 said:

I don't see how anyone can believe this. 

Foster just got put on Goddell's exempt list. Zeke got 6 games for his alleged assault and it wasn't on tape. Christ, Brady got 4 games for footballs. 

They aren't going to let him slide. 

Brady was a grudge thing. Foster was arrested. Zeke  was an clear over reach based on ray rice. 

Zeke got 6 games when the girl, via text message proof, lied about the event and asked her friends to also lie to the police. 

Yeah, I know. 

Which is why the notion that they won't do anything to Hunt is silly IMO. 

Brady was a grudge thing. Foster was arrested. Zeke  was an clear over reach based on ray rice. 

It is a set precedent. 

The league already has very little creditability on these sort of issues. They aren't going to let him slide. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

NFL will always please public perception and the media. They are a business. Even if they already saw the video, he’s getting 4-8 games. Probably 6.

I watched the entire video. I just dont see it. Likely depends on the public outcry 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Zeke got 6 games when the girl, via text message proof, lied about the event and asked her friends to also lie to the police.

^^This is probably the most relevant post in the thread, when it comes down to it. Anybody who thinks Kareem is getting away scott-free is delusional.

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

serious question: if a woman hits you is it condescending to not hit her back (assuming you would do the same to a man, of course)?

If you legitimately feel threatened, do what you need to do to get away from it. Here’s the thing, a professional athlete probably isn’t all that threatened by a lot of these women and are going overboard 

5 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

What they gonna say? We didnt ask for the video again . This the first time seeing the video again. All those people they hired for this not to happen again and it did.

Naw. I think it's more likely, they say we investigated this. And in conjecture with police and prosecutors we didnt see enough to punish hunt for this incident. 

And then the media will say the NFL really isn’t serious, women groups will make calls to boycott the NFL. All their fears will be happening and they will cave because they are cowards 

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

He runs into his friend who falls into her.

Its like blocking a member of the receiving team into the punt returner... no flag

So indirectly causing bodily harm (by the looks of her reactions), coupled with his aggression toward her preceding this, means trouble for him. Would probably be a misdemeanour. 

A better comparison would be.... Edelman makes a fair catch in practice, Slater gets up in his face and needs to be apprehended by a team mate (Edelman is, of course, jawing at him...but that's generally not against the rules), Slater then pushes team mate into Edelman who tears his ACL of course. Bill is mad. 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

And then the media will say the NFL really isn’t serious, women groups will make calls to boycott the NFL. All their fears will be happening and they will cave because they are cowards 

How would the NFL get through that 1.5% viewership drop for a couple weeks?

5 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

they are going to let the public outcry decide.

i doubt he gets 6 games.

he will get a week 17 rest

We live in a headline society. There will be public outcry, especially since Ruben Foster's name has been in the news so much recently. No one bothers to fact check or watch the video

"but but but he had to be restrained!" 

Is being restrained a crime? 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

We live in a headline society. There will be public outcry, especially since Ruben Foster's name has been in the news so much recently. No one bothers to fact check or watch the video

You've never seen a court case, have you.

What looks worse to a decision maker (and imagine it's a camera footage with no sound) - Two people conversing (actually arguing) but standing their own ground with the occasional pointing. Or, two people arguing but then one is physically restrained whilst the other retreats? It will be taken into consideration as supplementary evidence of threatening or whatever they go for. 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

i checked some top comments elsewhere.

most people, even women, are against what that other woman did 

public outcry isnt that extreme.

1 or 2 games tops.

maybe 4 games initially, appealed down to 2.

Archived