Super Smash Bro Ultimate

Manny/Patrick

The game is pretty great so far. I'm sure some of you have put in way more time than I have, but I've had a lot of fun dabbling in the different modes. I put a couple of hours into the adventure mode and I've completed the classic mode with 4-5 different characters. It seems like every 10-15 minutes I'm unlocking another character, which is fun so far. I think that I have 15 or 16 characters unlocked, which means that I have 60-ish to go. 

The game also looks pretty nice, and it's surprisingly easy to keep track of what's going on if you're playing handheld. 

Nintendo's online is such a freaking joke.  It's the end of 2018 and it's still so terrible.  And IMO, that takes a ton away from this game.  The main point of this game for me is to play with and against others, not to play alone or with the AI.  Don't know why I expected any different, but I was kind of holding out hope a lot of issues would be fixed since this is such a massive title and it kind of needs online.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

Nintendo's online is such a freaking joke.  It's the end of 2018 and it's still so terrible.  And IMO, that takes a ton away from this game.  The main point of this game for me is to play with and against others, not to play alone or with the AI.  Don't know why I expected any different, but I was kind of holding out hope a lot of issues would be fixed since this is such a massive title and it kind of needs online.

Just get real friends ;)

It's not surprising though. Nintendo is only now finally getting a dedicated online right? Considering I was playing online Broodwar around 99 and Halo 2 in like 03/04 and only NOW they are getting a real online service? I dunno what to say lol

I haven't dabbled much in the online, but Nintendo seems behind there as always. 

World of Light is kind of fun, though some of the battles are absolutely ridiculous. 

I haven't played as any of the new characters yet. Anyone have a favorite? 

I just got it yesterday and haven't played too much. I'm also waiting for a Gamecube controller adapter in the mail. I had one sitting in my amazon basket for 6 months in anticipation for this game and forgot to buy it a few weeks ago. On a mega backorder lol so had to pay $10 more on ebay

Archived