Dynasty League Start-up.

John232

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hey everyone. Big league announcement on slack. Jist of it: I'm going blast this here, We are going to switch DFL Contracts TODAY!!!!!!the DLF contracts can be found here (median is 413.5).  https://data.dynastyleaguefootball.com/auction/?_state_id_=f20114440ce8b1b5ALL ESPN CONTRACTS ARE VOID AS OF THIS MOMENT!
You keep your players on your rosters, but all contracts are void and players have to be signed with DFL contracts now. Figure out your finances ASAP!!!Why are we doing this?
After looking at finances for EOS earnings and total accumulated money, it's very clearly untenable to keep at the going rate. We need to reset finances now. It's going to be akin to setting a broken leg, and it's going to hurt.  League financial parity (which is league parity) is already greatly out of wack because of ESPN contracts. ESPN contracts do not give an accurate value for Rookies in a dynasty league. This results in players being able to horde young assets for virtually no downside, combined with multi-year lengths, it can become very easy 3-4 teams to just dominate and have no real competition while less talented and less financially well off teams have a very narrow (to no) path to getting truly competitive.What does switching to DLF mean now?
it means a lot of us (myself included) MAY not be able to afford their team with the current financial state. This means that we should see a ton of trades happening so people can figure out their finances. I would hope so at least. I can't confirm this, Please check your finances.What if this blows up in the leagues face?
 If this somehow doesn't workout and everyone hates this I am open to restarting the league after this season, but this would need to be a majority vote. We've tinkered with this league a TON in a short amount of time, combined with a steep learning curve. 3 new people this past year...I don't think many of us are attached to the league rosters...but people do seem to like the league and it's current format and I think we got a great group of people. so I just want to make sure this league can stay strong.

2 hours ago, John232 said:

Hey everyone. Big league announcement on slack. Jist of it: I'm going blast this here, We are going to switch DFL Contracts TODAY!!!!!!the DLF contracts can be found here (median is 413.5).  https://data.dynastyleaguefootball.com/auction/?_state_id_=f20114440ce8b1b5ALL ESPN CONTRACTS ARE VOID AS OF THIS MOMENT!
You keep your players on your rosters, but all contracts are void and players have to be signed with DFL contracts now. Figure out your finances ASAP!!!Why are we doing this?
After looking at finances for EOS earnings and total accumulated money, it's very clearly untenable to keep at the going rate. We need to reset finances now. It's going to be akin to setting a broken leg, and it's going to hurt.  League financial parity (which is league parity) is already greatly out of wack because of ESPN contracts. ESPN contracts do not give an accurate value for Rookies in a dynasty league. This results in players being able to horde young assets for virtually no downside, combined with multi-year lengths, it can become very easy 3-4 teams to just dominate and have no real competition while less talented and less financially well off teams have a very narrow (to no) path to getting truly competitive.What does switching to DLF mean now?
it means a lot of us (myself included) MAY not be able to afford their team with the current financial state. This means that we should see a ton of trades happening so people can figure out their finances. I would hope so at least. I can't confirm this, Please check your finances.What if this blows up in the leagues face?
 If this somehow doesn't workout and everyone hates this I am open to restarting the league after this season, but this would need to be a majority vote. We've tinkered with this league a TON in a short amount of time, combined with a steep learning curve. 3 new people this past year...I don't think many of us are attached to the league rosters...but people do seem to like the league and it's current format and I think we got a great group of people. so I just want to make sure this league can stay strong.

Am I in this league?

• Like 2

Damn, im ticked off at this. This was the year I was supposed to cash in on those cheap deals! First dynasty league and right when it starts to get fun I get yanked around. lol

Gibeson going from $2 to 70, AJ brown from $11 to 90, ayuik from $2 to 40... ughhhh

even dionte johnson for $35 now.... dude has been on my taxi squad for two friggin years, now I dont know if I can keep him

I dont think anyone will have enough money to sign their guys, which means FAs will probably be cheap? Are we doing a stimulus for teams that did poorly last year?? because this plus a stimulus would be a major reshifting in league dynamics. I basically cant afford to do anything now. lol 

@John232 I got a new phone and need the slack invite again. Please PM me when you can

Edited by N4L