Chiefs release Kareem Hunt

.Buzz

33 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Here's kind of the issue. 

1. The NFL is not a news organization. TMZ had a source to get the video. As a media organization, TMZ can credibly claim the right to protect their source. The NFL can not be trusted to do that if it becomes a legal dispute. 

2. TMZ likely paid money to get that video. The NFLPA would have a field day if it came out that the NFL bribed an employee to produce a tape (likely illegally) to punish one of their players. 

3. At the end of this, the NFL can claim plausible deniability, claim they went off Hunt's word and the police report. 

NFL teams employ shady fixers whose job it is to find this sort of information. The NFLPA caved on Rice. They caved when the league decided to change the purpose of the exemption list on the fly because of Adrian Peterson's situation. Just two prime examples. But you think they're going to fight and die on the hill of a guy who is on video tape hitting a woman?

Beyond that, they have an even easier path to getting the tape as an employer. Kareem Hunt himself.

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

History will probably look back at this as a very impulsive and unwise move by KC.   Not that KHunt shouldn't get censured, but there's a world of difference between 6 games (or less) and cutting a guy.   Then again, KC & the league got themselves in this mess by not reviewing the tape (at best) or outright ignoring what was on it (at worst).   Their only PR-acceptable stance was they didn't know - and so a cut is the only move that supports that stance.  

I'd feel bad for KC but I have zero belief they really didn't know - I can believe they chose to not pursue (jointly with NFL) given the police closed the matter.   But that decision (or non-decision) also put them in this pickle, so they've earned their spot in this lose-lose scenario.  Oh well, their loss will be some other team's gain, so it's not all lose-lose - just for the league, Chiefs.

In a different era both parties would have admitted fault & been done with it. Now the msm has a hold of the footage, they will weaponise it with buzzwords & politics. Then, along with the social media mob, use it to club the NFL over the head. 

Today's trial by media culture is a joke. The aim is always to get someone fired, no matter how minor the incident. 

12 minutes ago, Marc MacGyver said:

In a different era both parties would have admitted fault & been done with it. Now the msm has a hold of the footage, they will weaponise it with buzzwords & politics. Then, along with the social media mob, use it to club the NFL over the head. 

Today's trial by media culture is a joke. The aim is always to get someone fired, no matter how minor the incident. 

The medias goal is to cause as much destruction as possible. Why? Ratings.

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Probably because dudes won't test them. And less likely to get in arguments with them since they aren't in relationships together. 

Yes. The emotional dynamic of relationships is a factor.

Women will also often mouth off or get physical in certain situations because most men will restrain themselves from going back at them like that regardless of intoxication or emotions.

Whereas men KNOW when there's an issue between men there can/will be physical consequences.

They shouldn't have caved to the impending outcry that will last a week or two than be forgotten. They are only furthering the problem of giving the media far too much control, and over such a minor incident too. Suspend him, fine him, whatever but the Chiefs look like a joke for this. Especially since everyone knows they were aware.

3 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Tyreek Hill beat up his pregnant GF and Mahomes puts ketchup on steak why are they still on the team?

Just a terribly ran organization. How did no scouts find about the ketchup on steak? Is that really someone you want as the face of your organization? I’m honestly more appauled by that than this Kareem Hunt video. F***** disgusting even thinking about it. Yeah you probably thought this was sarcastic but I’m dead god damn serious. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Just a terribly ran organization. How did no scouts find about the ketchup on steak? Is that really someone you want as the face of your organization? I’m honestly more appauled by that than this Kareem Hunt video. F***** disgusting even thinking about it. Yeah you probably thought this was sarcastic but I’m dead god damn serious. 

If someone chooses to put ketchup on steak can you really trust their decision making in the playoffs?

3 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Thats my point tho, teams can now gameplan to defend the pass more cuz the threat of the running game is downgraded

Too bad Mahomes, Hill, and Kelcee make up for that. Hunt will potentially be on his couch watching the Chiefs hoist the Lombardi trophy. 

Archived