Chiefs release Kareem Hunt

.Buzz

Struggling to see how this is labelled as Domestic Violence. Watching the video seems like it would be Assault?

That said NFL players or athletes in general need to be smarter, nothing to be gained here. Should have walked away from it. You have millions to lose. 

Given the Rueben Foster situation, he got to be claimed right? Or worse someone will sign him in free agency? He's not some washed up vet, he's a Top 5 back. Replaceable position or not.

10 hours ago, Forge said:

This forum isn't here to discuss the short comings of police enforcement in modern society. It's a football forum. That's what we are, and should continue to focus on

But I’m not talking about this forum specifically 

On the video: The NFL contacted the hotel, was told the video was given to the police, the police said the video was given to the prosecuting authority, the prosecuting authority said that it was sent to legal team and so on.  The NFL made several attempts to get the video.  What people need to understand here is that the video was obtained illegally.  TMZ can do that and hide behind the 1st ammendment.  The NFL HAS to obtain the video LEGALLY.  They have no constitutional cause to hide behind, and would in fact be violating others constitutional rights if they did so. It's very plausible that the NFL nor the Chiefs never saw the video.

On the subject of Hunt lied: Did he or did his version of events not exactly match the video.  Seeing the video I could see a case in which he has asked about it and said that "some girl went crazy and we kicked her out the room and there was some pushing and shoving and we got her out eventually" That description would be truthful, but not fully accurate based on the video.

I'm torn on this bc, as a Bears fan Hint would be a great pickup and fill probably the Bears only offensive need and for cheap. But as the man I've been raised to be there is never cause to lay your hands on a woman.  To be clear this isnt DV, as if it were I would be 100% against Hunt being a Bear ever.  But even the lack of judgement in allowing this to happen, regardless of provocation, throws some questions that Hunt needs to answer.  The Bears are in somewhat a unique decision, as our owner is an 89 yo woman who has held to the feminist causes, but she also has shown that she will give 2nd chances.  Nagy has pretty good knowledge of who Kareem is. If Ms. McCaskey says ok,it's ok, I could see the Bears making a claim.

Really interesting how this guy gets cut and Tyreek hill was drafted as well with the knowledge of domestic violence. another guy who I'm still shocked got drafted and the video was as plain as day was Joe Mixon. If the NFL is truly gonna crack down on this issue then they have to make it even across the board, because right now they are a hypocricy. The only reason in this case Hunt got let go was because the Chiefs didn't want the media attention or negative publicity. That's hypocritical and devisive. 

14 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Really interesting how this guy gets cut and Tyreek hill was drafted as well with the knowledge of domestic violence. another guy who I'm still shocked got drafted and the video was as plain as day was Joe Mixon. If the NFL is truly gonna crack down on this issue then they have to make it even across the board, because right now they are a hypocricy. The only reason in this case Hunt got let go was because the Chiefs didn't want the media attention or negative publicity. That's hypocritical and devisive. 

The Tyreke Hill stuff is completely unfair to everyone involved.  First of all the incident happened YEARS ago.  Secondly, Hill was punished both by the justice system and societally.  Hill and his now wife both underwent counseling. Hill has paid his debt.  He got a 2nd chance and hes made the most of it.  If Hill has another DV incident as a member of the chiefs then if they dont release him it would be hypocrisy, but saying bc the chiefs have a player on the roster who committed an incident before he came into the league and was a member of the team, doesnt deserve to be on the team bc of this shows a real lack of understanding.

12 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The Tyreke Hill stuff is completely unfair to everyone involved.  First of all the incident happened YEARS ago.  Secondly, Hill was punished both by the justice system and societally.  Hill and his now wife both underwent counseling. Hill has paid his debt.  He got a 2nd chance and hes made the most of it.  If Hill has another DV incident as a member of the chiefs then if they dont release him it would be hypocrisy, but saying bc the chiefs have a player on the roster who committed an incident before he came into the league and was a member of the team, doesnt deserve to be on the team bc of this shows a real lack of understanding.

So as long as you get arrested and/or apologize it’s ok?

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

At the VERY LEAST - the NFL & KC knew there was a video.   The hotel went out of their way to note they only release videos to law enforcement agencies.

When the police closed the investigation....I would believe that the NFL & KC figured that was that - and turned a blind eye.

So, no, I don't believe for a second that they didn't know there was a video.  I can believe they didn't see it - but that was a conscious decision.   And so I can also believe rather than admit that major omission, the Chiefs only way to stick with their cover story...was to release K-Hunt. 

Having said that, there's one way to know if this is the case - how other teams react.   If they do even cursory digging that confirms this was known, but a blind eye was turned by KC and the league - someone will put a claim in for K-Hunt.   

I'm no layman, but this thread probably sums up why I think teams will come to that conclusion, and how it affects the football decision that 31 teams will be facing on Tuesday.

Have a read, I did, and found it well-reasoned.  And to be clear - I'm totally not OK with Reuben Foster's stupidity in getting himself in the same DV quandry as the 1st time (for which he was cleared, but to get into it again with the same person, and night before game day on the road - zero football reasons there).    And if Foster is guilty of DV, then he's done and rightfully so.   But I do not see this nearly in the same light with K-Hunt - and as a Broncos fan, I have zero reason to take it easy on a division rival, either.   But hey, their loss will be someone else's gain, I just hope it's outside the AFCW, and if it's outside the AFC, even better.

They knew there was a video but when charges get dropped, police stop the investigation, and Hunt tells them what happen when he has zero past incident that say not to trust them, why go out of your way to get the video, especially when the hotel said they will only release it to police. 

1 hour ago, Giants4eva said:

KC isn’t be hypocritical. Pretty sure they told their players, they get a fresh start with the team but if something happens you will be gone. Hill had his issues prior to the NFL but hasn’t had anything come up since being with KC. Same thing with Mixon, issues prior while in college but hasn’t had issues since. 

KC would be hypocritical if they just picked Up Foster than Cut Hunt

51 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

So as long as you get arrested and/or apologize it’s ok?

It's not okay, but at some point everyone has to move forward and past it. Not saying people should forget or it doesn't make sense to hate them forever. 

Archived