Chiefs release Kareem Hunt

Golfman

11 minutes ago, skhurst0398 said:

Why did they draft Hill then if they were a no tolerance team. Not knocking the move, just questioning what the difference is other than Hunt had a video considering from my understanding, Hills was worse. 

Because the Chiefs don’t care about domestic violence, they care about public outcry and negative media attention. Hills incident was 10x worse and they knowingly drafted him. 

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I disagree with this. Not a fan. 

I personally feel this might backfire on KC, not just losing a player, but Hunts situation being labeled as not DV and the media crucifying them for it which is what they were trying to avoid. 

I'm really disappointed. Ware is a good running back, but i have my doubts that he can keep up the run game with the same quality.

Just when u really think this year or the next few years could be special, something like this happens. Currently it feels like that blew our chances for the SB.

Dont like the move from the Chiefs perspective. Giving away a superstar on a rookie contract is idiotic. Because he lied to them? Would the cut Mahomes in the same situation? You can 100% guarantee they wouldnt. This will come back to haunt us.

I'm stunned. Police declined to prosecute - a decision I support. Cooler heads prevailed and that was that. No one really got hurt here.

I don't know the nature of the "lies" Hunt told the Chiefs, but could his side of the story differ much from what actually happened?

Drug heads and the NFL survive together to a point. So too should Domestic Violence (on Hunt's level) and the NFL. A suspension may have been in order, but you don't throw away talent like Hunt's over this issue.

Very sad.

I applaud the Chiefs organization for this. I was the main guy who said, how in the world do the Chiefs trade Peters because they didnt want him a part of their future because they couldnt deal with his on the field antics BUT yet they have Hill with his problems off the field in college and Kelce has a past of some questionable behavior? They drew the line with Peters and he was an All-Pro with the Chiefs and didnt have the off the field stuff in the NFL. So I applaud them for cutting Hunt because what Hunt did was stupid and disgusting. It was stupid because Im sure he was aware of the Rice situation, the Zeke situation, the Foster situation, even his own teammate Hill situation, why even go there? It was disgusting because you dont put your hands on a female period. No excuses made you just dont. Walk away from the situation.

As for the Chiefs moving forward, its bigger than football. They couldve kept Hunt if they wanted to win. I think they can still win without him. That is whats wrong with society today. Thats what has been wrong with the world since the beginning of time. If you are better looking, great at something, rich, etc... you get let off the hook for alot of things. I can give you plenty examples if you want but just because Hunt is talented doesnt mean his issue should be overlook because the Chiefs shouldnt just move on from a talented player on a cheap contract. Everyone should be held on the same playing field. If Hunt was the 53rd player on the roster barely holding on to a roster spot, I know for a fact nobody would be questioning this move for the Chiefs. Since its Hunt one of the best young backs in the game people are questioning this move by the Chiefs. There is no questioning. Hunt made a huge mistake, he has to pay for it. For him, he needs to work on himself before even thinking about football. How long will it take? It is up to him but he needs to get himself right to make sure this doesnt ever happen again. But again I applaud the Chiefs for this move. 

10 hours ago, Edge said:

I'm really disappointed. Ware is a good running back, but i have my doubts that he can keep up the run game with the same quality.

Just when u really think this year or the next few years could be special, something like this happens. Currently it feels like that blew our chances for the SB.

You never know.  You just have to keep the faith.  Remember last year when Wentz went down and everybody was feeling badly for the Eagles too. 

Archived