Chiefs release Kareem Hunt

Golfman

9 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

If he were truthful with management, do you think that would've lead to a different outcome?

It definitely would've helped, but the media circus TMZ has created might have still been too much to overcome.

All this over a racist, drunk 19-year-old dropping N-bombs at an NFL player after being asked to leave, then acting like she did nothing wrong. Hunt obviously was in the wrong too, but the fact that nobody is talking about her also being at fault is really irritating to me.

I guess it's Ware's time to step up.

8 minutes ago, VexMilkWaterfall said:

It definitely would've helped, but the media circus TMZ has created might have still been too much to overcome.

All this over a racist, drunk 19-year-old dropping N-bombs at an NFL player after being asked to leave, then acting like she did nothing wrong. Hunt obviously was in the wrong too, but the fact that nobody is talking about her also being at fault is really irritating to me.

I guess it's Ware's time to step up.

I'm not sure she's racist because she was hanging out with them and what not. I didn't hear her say anything towards them so I'm not going to make assumptions (she could be or she could not be; it's really irrelevant because being racist isn't illegal). I think what really really screwed him over is the fact he kicked her when she was down and his friends lying and snatching the girl's cell phone in the video. All of this could've easily been avoided. 

*** don't believe in hate speech or any of that. I believe in freedom of speech***

7 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

I'm not sure she's racist because she was hanging out with them and what not. I didn't hear her say anything towards them so I'm not going to make assumptions (she could be or she could not be; it's really irrelevant because being racist isn't illegal). I think what really really screwed him over is the fact he kicked her when she was down and his friends lying and snatching the girl's cell phone in the video. All of this could've easily been avoided. 

*** don't believe in hate speech or any of that. I believe in freedom of speech***

I'm with you on freedom of speech. The videos posted by TMZ stated she was spewing racial slurs after she was asked to leave. It may not be illegal, but if she (A) wouldn't have been drinking as a minor and (B) would've left when she was asked to leave and given $20 for an Uber ride by Hunt, none of this would happened. Again, Hunt should've kept his cool and deserves to be punished in some way, but she's not exactly innocent either.

I'm sure she's made her father proud.

Just now, VexMilkWaterfall said:

I'm with you on freedom of speech. The videos posted by TMZ stated she was spewing racial slurs after she was asked to leave. It may not be illegal, but if she (A) wouldn't have been drinking as a minor and (B) would've left when she was asked to leave and given $20 for an Uber ride by Hunt, none of this would happened. Again, Hunt should've kept his cool and deserves to be punished in some way, but she's not exactly innocent either.

I'm sure she's made her father proud.

Both parties are stupid. Sad day when adults (she's 19) cannot even act like civilized human beings. 

43 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

If he were truthful with management, do you think that would've lead to a different outcome?

I think so. The team, and Andy Reid in particular, have long taken a stance on being willing to help the players make up for any past misdeeds and work to become a better person. Tyreek Hill being a core example of a guy who did a terrible thing, but he owned it, he did the punishment, he did the counseling, he was open and honest with the team from day one, and they opted to back him and work to help him move on as a result. What Hunt did wasn't as bad legally, but if he lied about it or downplayed it, it would fit with how they've talked about backing Hill for them to not back Hunt at that point. Had everything been open and honest, I'd bet he sits for the season, they get him into counseling or something in the offseason, and just work really closely with him. The dishonesty broke trust and didn't represent genuine remorse for what he did.

Wow...

The Athletic's Nate Taylor reports Kareem Hunt is expected to be suspended the first six games of the 2019 season.

The NFL's investigation into Hunt won't be concluded until the offseason. He'll spend the rest of this year either out of the league or on the Commissioner Exempt List if he gets claimed off waivers. The optics of Hunt's situation have him in a bad spot with teams. Hunt may have to wait for the league to hand down discilpine, but we expect him to resurface.

What a shame. 

https://www-yahoo-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/nfl-reportedly-told-chiefs-stop-pursuing-kareem-hunt-video-024510874.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHCAFYAYABAQ%3D%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

"The league claims that it knew the video existedand made several attempts to obtain it but could not"

While the Chiefs said they quit looking for the video, due to the NFL’s instruction, they apparently didn’t take their eyes off of Hunt. They reportedly asked him multiple times since February to be truthful about the incident.

“I never left the room,” Hunt told the Chiefs each time, per The Athletic. “I didn’t do a thing.”

As the Peters trade has shown it's a logical consequence to release Hunt, if he broke the teams trust. We made it clear back than, that we need to trust you to 100%. If we can't trust you, than it doesn't matter if you're an average joe or one of the star players, you'll lose your spot on this team.

45 minutes ago, VexMilkWaterfall said:

I'm now fully supportive of the decision to cut him after learning he claimed he never even left the room. That's not just bending the truth a little. That's a bold-faced lie. Good riddance.

agreed, bad look. Chiefs made the right decision, still hope Hunt gets back on track though. Don't think 1 action should define him, no matter how bad it was.

22 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

agreed, bad look. Chiefs made the right decision, still hope Hunt gets back on track though. Don't think 1 action should define him, no matter how bad it was.

Agreed. I hope he can learn from this and find a new home somewhere. I'm calling it now though; I see him going to the Raiders and we'll have to deal with him trucking us twice a year for the next 5 years.

Here's hoping he lands with a team like the Packers or maybe the Bucs. As long as it's in the NFC, I'll be happy, lol.

Somehow, Hunt's words in the interview both made me feel as though KC was more justified for releasing him, but also made me a little more disappointed that he's not on our roster anymore. I'm glad that now he's owning up to it and accepting the consequences, it's just a shame he didn't do that 8 months ago when it actually would've meant something.

1 hour ago, VexMilkWaterfall said:

Agreed. I hope he can learn from this and find a new home somewhere. I'm calling it now though; I see him going to the Raiders and we'll have to deal with him trucking us twice a year for the next 5 years.

Here's hoping he lands with a team like the Packers or maybe the Bucs. As long as it's in the NFC, I'll be happy, lol.

I thought the Raiders had a strict policy about situations like this or am I mistaken?

32 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I thought the Raiders had a strict policy about situations like this or am I mistaken?

Generally they do, but Hunt is a top 3 RB in the NFL, is under 25 years old, he knows a division rival's playbook and will be super motivated to play well once he gets another chance. If Hunt can sell that he truly is sorry to the Raiders' brass, I think it's a move that makes a lot of sense. I'd hate it, but it makes sense.

Archived