Chiefs release Kareem Hunt

Golfman

It's like ….no out cry from reading the book, but prosecuted to the fullest when the movie comes out!!!  Rhetorical, but how could TMZ get the video and the NFL not? Why did the police not act on this and find charges? Many inconsistencies, but since he DID lie numerous occasions about this to the team....I support the team's decision.

1 hour ago, jimmydee said:

It's like ….no out cry from reading the book, but prosecuted to the fullest when the movie comes out!!!  Rhetorical, but how could TMZ get the video and the NFL not? Why did the police not act on this and find charges? Many inconsistencies, but since he DID lie numerous occasions about this to the team....I support the team's decision.

My guess is the woman didn't want to press charges and there was no grievous bodily harm. As for the NFL not having the tapes, I find that hard to believe. Probably just hoped it would go away, which is insanely optimistic in 2018.

7 hours ago, jimmydee said:

Most of this has been explained at this point, but to summarize...

Woman chose not to press charges. Even if charges had been filed, it would've been just misdemeanor assault, and it's the policy, at least per that police department, to only get detectives on a full investigation (like reviewing security footage) if the charge would be a felony. So no charge being filed, plus the low level that the charge would've been meant the police never saw the video. Since the police never did, the NFL never did either. The NFL follows legal and proper channels to obtain that kind of thing, which means going through the police. The Chiefs follow the NFL on that process. So no one ever saw the video because it wasn't justified. TMZ is more into the bribing a hotel employee kind of thing, which is likely how they got it. They do a lot that way.

The more I think about it, the more I'm ok with the decision to release Hunt. Obviously it hurts from an on-field point of view. But we've been through the Belcher murder and suicide not that long ago. The Chiefs have to be decisive on those issues.

I'm high on Spencer Ware. I've been for a while. He has an opportunity now, let's hope he grabs it

Spencer didnt look as dynamic, he said hes still getting used to his knee again. Mahomes is a one man show but i got a sense he seemed pressured at times without his sidekick back there with him.

Theyre bringing the Charknado back. Makes sense, a useful 3rd down back to bring back into the mix. Damien looked solid in 2nd string duty. Would like to see what Darrell Williams has got.

Archived