Preseason GT #3: Lions vs Evil

ManeLine

Win number 3!

With TJ hamstring injury Im ready to see Kenny Golladay get playing with the first team along side Tate and Jones. 

Hopefully, TJ Lang is feeling fine after the game yesterday and continues to get reps with Stanford and Wagner. 

I want to see the DL who is hungry for the starting spot and rotational positions. 

I really wish this was a regular season game. The Patriots are arguably my favorite team, on par with the Lions for as long as I can remember being a football fan. 

I want to see our offensive and defensive lines play well and most importantly for both teams to come away injury free. It's certainly a good measuring stick for both the starters and the backups. 

I thought a few careless mistakes early hurt the Lions dearly. But they did fight back. There was alot to take away from the game, both good and bad. 

1. I could see Tim Wright making the team and Michael Roberts going to the practice squad. Especially with Ebron never playing, we need a better offensive playmaker at TE. Ebron/Fells/Wright with Roberts on PS would be my prediction at this point.

2. Cornelius Lucas is just not good. I don't know what everyone sees in him. He has very poor technique. He tips every play we make with his positioning. If he's squared up, we're running. If he's at a angle, he's going for pass protection. Every team can scout out our playbook by his positioning. This completely eliminates the element of surprise. Then, when in pass protection, he still gets beat. 

3. Tackling is still an issue for this team. Our defense just doesn't tackle well. It's embarrassing at this point. It wasn't just against the Patriots. It's been an issue for years. If I remember correctly, we were 30th last year in tackles and have only finished in the top 16 in tackles one year in the last 10+ years. 

4. Jamal Agnew has shown nothing in return abilities to this point. He has either fair caught the ball, lost the ball in the sun against Indy or fumbled it out of bounds against the Pats. I really wish we'd open up the competition more.

5. Abdullah being back is going to open up our play book a great deal. If we could get 16 games out of him and Riddick together, our offense is going to be good. 

6. Greg Robinson has played very well. I knew we didn't give up anything for him, so if he didn't pan out, it wouldn't have mattered much. But he's stepped right in and left tackle and has played very well. I'm not as worried with Decker out right now as I was previously. And he'll make great depth once Decker is back. 

7. Our depth, all over the team, has looked very good this preseason. Yes, I know it's just preseason, but they just look deep right now. We might actually cut players that could make an NFL roster elsewhere and I cannot remember the last time we could say that. 

Archived