Kareem Hunt

CBears019

I figured I’d start a thread for this since it’s being discussed in three different threads and will likely be a hot topic.

For those unaware, Kareem was released from the Chiefs after a video surfaced yesterday regarding an incident last off-season at a hotel.  The video depicts Kareem in a physical altercation with a woman who he was trying to have removed from his hotel room.  Speculation is that he was released not necessarily because of the video, but because he lied to the Chiefs about his involvement.

This is not a domestic violence issue given, as far as we know, Kareem just met that woman that night and was not romantically involved with her.  

As a player it’s easy to connect the dots with the Bears given that Matt Nagy was Kareem’s OC last season.  But with the likely looming suspension and PR nightmare, will Pace even consider making this move?

Try to keep this discussion civil otherwise it’ll be shut down real quick.

Once he serves an (ideally) 8, 10 or even 16 game suspension combined with courses/community service, I wouldn't be against it. But Pace better be sure of it, because with the trainwreck that was the Ray McDonald signing, I can't see this ownership approving such a move in the first place.

Not all that interested in adding Hunt after seeing the video ..  that said, I  am very happy to see the two juggernauts that scared me most (NO and now KC) faltering   

All thats left are the Rams and Tom Brady   ha. !

2 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

You're a POS if you think we should sign him. 

Well this didn’t last long...

This post, and a similarly-worded PM, has gotten @Damikeeeee a warning and has been sent to  Webby.

I am keeping this thread open a little longer since most people do seem to be capable of having this discussion.

45 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Once he serves an (ideally) 8, 10 or even 16 game suspension combined with courses/community service, I wouldn't be against it. But Pace better be sure of it, because with the trainwreck that was the Ray McDonald signing, I can't see this ownership approving such a move in the first place.

My guess is that his suspension would be maximum 6 games. Hes probably able to play early in the 2019 season.

I found it quite interesting that ESPN cut out the part where Hunt was pulled away and she went back after him and shoved a guy who went flying into Hunt and then was pinballed back into her, knocking her down.

Hunt was wrong for what he did, but this woman is culpable as well in my world. Equality means equality... you don't put your hands on another person unless you're saying you're reading for an altercation. The whole thing is stupid and disgusting.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Next comment:

American debate 2018.

Glad I wasn't the only one who caught that. lol

I doubt we sign him but this isn't as damning as some are making it out to be. Both are being aggressors, and the NFL supposedly knew of the incident already. If TMZ can get the video, you can bet your *** the NFL could. Neither can outright demand the footage, but I would wager the lawyers the NFL can afford are significantly better than what TMZ can approach. As they made no legal attempts to gain the footage (assuming they at least requested a copy, no idea if they actually did), there didn't seem to be enough to cause an issue. I don't think there was ever actual footage of Elliott with his case nor was he charged, but he was still suspended.  IDK how the NFL will act as they are completely inconsistent with their rulings.

I'd take him on waivers if he came through, as he and Nagy have a lot of history and his minimal contract means there is no financial risk. Nagy could be the father-figure and we have a solid locker room that isn't going to break over one person. As I said in the other thread here, he needs to have his classes, not be stupid in these kind of situation and such, but get off the high horse. He had no right to hit her, she had no right to hit him.

Archived