Kareem Hunt

CBears019

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

But I’m not pushin a beat car anymore, so this would only come to my desk if someone got seriously injured or killed.;)

I can’t tell if that’s a wink emoticon or not.  It supposed to be a wink emoticon.

Detective CBears? Not just an internet cop anymore?

As I said in the other thread we have a unique situation here.  You have Nagy, who knows Hunt about as well as any coach in the league, and by all accounts has been a real good kid and a feel good story up until now.  But.....we have an 89 yo owner who is a feminist and probably wants a harsh approach based on principle.  But shes also been a champion for 2nd chances.  Idk what view Ms. McCaskey would take here but it would absolutely be her call.  If you make the claim, the first thing you do is put Hunt on TV and have him show genuine contrition.  You tell him, in the future if you want somebody removed from your room, you lock yourself in the bathroom and call Hotel Security.  You put in anger management class.  Hunt goes in front of the world says he understands the severity of his actions.  That he will abide by the league's decision and cant wait to show the world that he has grown from this experience.  He promises to live up to  the standards of the NFL and the Bears and knows this his last shot.  Have Nagy come out and talk about the Kareem that he knows. And that they didnt make this decision lightly, it was done with ownership approval and he wants to be a great influence for Kareem and his family.

Then you have to weather the storm that your going to get no matter what you do, but at the end of it, you get the perfect RB for the system for cheap, and know that the second contract isnt going to be huge either.

51 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

As I said in the other thread we have a unique situation here.  You have Nagy, who knows Hunt about as well as any coach in the league, and by all accounts has been a real good kid and a feel good story up until now.  But.....we have an 89 yo owner who is a feminist and probably wants a harsh approach based on principle.  But shes also been a champion for 2nd chances.  Idk what view Ms. McCaskey would take here but it would absolutely be her call.  If you make the claim, the first thing you do is put Hunt on TV and have him show genuine contrition.  You tell him, in the future if you want somebody removed from your room, you lock yourself in the bathroom and call Hotel Security.  You put in anger management class.  Hunt goes in front of the world says he understands the severity of his actions.  That he will abide by the league's decision and cant wait to show the world that he has grown from this experience.  He promises to live up to  the standards of the NFL and the Bears and knows this his last shot.  Have Nagy come out and talk about the Kareem that he knows. And that they didnt make this decision lightly, it was done with ownership approval and he wants to be a great influence for Kareem and his family.

Then you have to weather the storm that your going to get no matter what you do, but at the end of it, you get the perfect RB for the system for cheap, and know that the second contract isnt going to be huge either.

Good post.

To add, the other positive is that we have limited draft capital, so getting him in the waivers would allow us to trade Howard WITHOUT needing to delve into that and also means we aren't looking at free agents and hoping not to lose a bidding war on someone. We could literally improve a position and gain a midround pick by getting him.

My thoughts are that although it appears Hunt was egged on by this female, he used extremely poor judgement by going back to her while she was laying on the ground and he kicked at her.

As a high profile athlete you have to know better and when to just walk away from a hostile situation like that, regardless of what was done or said. I mean couldn't he have just called security to get this girl out of there?

After rewatching the video several times I don't think it's as bad as it looks but it's still not a good look, however I believe that he will come back from this and that it's not even remotely close to as bad as the Ray Rice situation.

I don't believe Hunt has history of violence towards women or run ins with the police so that's not what I'd be concerned about going forward, but more that he lied to his employer about what happened and that is why he was released. I wouldn't be surprised if Bears had interest in him after the whole legal process sorts itself out because the word was Pace was highly interested in Hunt prior to the 17 draft and the connection with Nagy is there.  

I would really like to more about the lie he supposedly told the Chiefs...they and the NFL were aware of the incident but don't seem to have know about the seriousness...lying about the incident just adds to the stupidity of getting involved in the first place...

I think Nagy wants it badly...I think Pace is very cautious...it has to go through ownership for the final say...how badly do they want to win on the field? Enough to lose a little public image? One thing is for sure...Pace wouldn't handle this as badly as Doug "small potatoes" Williams.  

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I would really like to more about the lie he supposedly told the Chiefs...they and the NFL were aware of the incident but don't seem to have know about the seriousness...lying about the incident just adds to the stupidity of getting involved in the first place...

I think Nagy wants it badly...I think Pace is very cautious...it has to go through ownership for the final say...how badly do they want to win on the field? Enough to lose a little public image? One thing is for sure...Pace wouldn't handle this as badly as Doug "small potatoes" Williams.  

Doug Williams was dealt such an awful hand in that whole ordeal, by all accounts it was a Bruce Allen/Dan Snyder decision and Williams and Gruden weren't consulted.

33 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Doug Williams was dealt such an awful hand in that whole ordeal, by all accounts it was a Bruce Allen/Dan Snyder decision and Williams and Gruden weren't consulted.

Regardless coming out and saying a domestic abuse charge is small potatoes is shocking.

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He should be punished. 4 games seems about right.

He should do some rehab, anger management maybe AA.

Then in my world he should be allowed to continue this life and his career.

It should be more than 4 games. He shoved her first and kept coming back while being restrained. You can't see exactly what he did to cause it, but in video his buddy and girl both go flying across hallway and his buddy can barely get up.  You aren't that woozy from a shove. Unless maybe he hit his head on wall, still a lot of force involved. He knows she's 19 at this point in time as well.

He is also accused of attacking someone at a resort I understand.

I'm thinking Bears pass on this guy.  Momentually stupid decisions. Especially in current climate. 

Other point is NFL or Chiefs not investigating the incident properly. Chiefs probably kept other teams from playoffs or seeding with a key player that should have been ineligible on an incident the Chiefs at least were aware of even if they were lied to as its severeity. Patriots lost draft picks for slightly under inflating footballs. 

Archived