Week 13: Iggles Wiggles

Ghostnote

14 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

we were like top 5 in points given and rush defense through the first half of the season

however deep int he season hurt offensiveline we cant keep ball control also hated the hhcd trade

I wouldn't completely blame it on the offense and ball control. Part of that ball control is because we have allowed teams like the eagles to march down the whole field on us multiple times. Actual dominant defenses can hold a lead and step up when it matters most. That has not been the redskins lately. Teams from the beginning of the game have been running the ball well on us, converting third downs and taking leads right back on 75 plus yard drives. There's no excuse for our defense these past 3 games and really they got bailed out against Tampa. 

14 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I wouldn't completely blame it on the offense and ball control. Part of that ball control is because we have allowed teams like the eagles to march down the whole field on us multiple times. Actual dominant defenses can hold a lead and step up when it matters most. That has not been the redskins lately. Teams from the beginning of the game have been running the ball well on us, converting third downs and taking leads right back on 75 plus yard drives. There's no excuse for our defense these past 3 games and really they got bailed out against Tampa. 

That and we haven’t been able to limit big plays. We lost to the Cowboys bc we didn’t tackle and gave up huge plays. We gave a few big plays in the first half of the season like vs GB, Atl & NO but vs the Cowboys it was awful.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:22 AM, MKnight82 said:

Every game though?  Every time we take a lead we immediately give it back.

Not in our 6 wins. When Alex was our Qb and we took a lead in a game we won that game bc of ball control and not turning the ball over. Colt and Mark come in, more turnovers happen and we lose.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:34 AM, MikeT14 said:

How many guys have torn pecs in the last 2 years? How many guys have bad ankles, hammys etc? 

This is about everyone but the QBs pretty much.

That happens with every team and the only player I can think of with a torn pec the last 2 years is Scherff. Orakpo & Keenan Robinson haven’t been on this team since 2014 & 2016.

Cooper tore a tendon in his bicep, clearly NOT a muscle injury.

Players get hurt ankles and knees (which is ligaments) all the time on all teams.

Hamstrings happen to skill position players a lot on all teams.

On 12/4/2018 at 10:37 AM, Thaiphoon said:

Broken bones? Not much you can do about them. You can mitigate it somewhat by not playing old players. This is not to say that a 21 year old can't break a bone, but to have both QBs go out with the same injury and with both over 30 you wonder if the accumulated stress and increased ossification that comes with age, plays a factor.

Ligaments? Stop overtraining and develop a better recovery regime. Also, get a better field to play on.

Muscle injuries? Again...overtraining and poor recovery techniques.

I already showed you it goes beyond the last 2 years where we've continually been the worst or near the worst. But its been pretty bad the last 2. And the S&C coaches share a huge responsibility.

And...you're welcome for explaining it to you.

That doesn’t change the fact that this is a league wide problem and not just a problem isolated to the Redskins. It’s just worse for the skins bc of bad luck. 

All players overtrain now a days, they barely take time off in the offseason. That’s on them, not the team when the guys are away from the team from Jan-April (if they’re not in the playoffs) and most of May and June.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That doesn’t change the fact that this is a league wide problem and not just a problem isolated to the Redskins. It’s just worse for the skins bc of bad luck. 

All players overtrain now a days, they barely take time off in the offseason. That’s on them, not the team when the guys are away from the team from Jan-April (if they’re not in the playoffs) and most of May and June.

And...I already showed you that the Redskins are among the worst in that "league wide problem" year-after-year.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That happens with every team and the only player I can think of with a torn pec the last 2 years is Scherff. Orakpo & Keenan Robinson haven’t been on this team since 2014 & 2016.

Cooper tore a tendon in his bicep, clearly NOT a muscle injury.

Players get hurt ankles and knees (which is ligaments) all the time on all teams.

Hamstrings happen to skill position players a lot on all teams.

Not much ever seems to be the Redskins fault to you, turtle. It's just an incredible 26+ year streak of bad luck and misfortunes. 

On 12/3/2018 at 11:14 PM, Thaiphoon said:

BTW - the ONLY thing that is gonna make this last month less sucktastic is the .gif GDT fellas. Let's do it each week. This GDT was much more entertaining than the game.

I tried to get that to go early on, but no one wanted to play along ...

On 12/3/2018 at 11:21 PM, Thaiphoon said:

I said it as soon as Smith broke his leg. Bradford is the ONLY QB that resembles a decent starting QB. He certainly could get us 4 games. He led the Vikings to a pretty good record for the first two months a season or so ago

Except he has no knees left even before he would come here. Should he step on the field for Washington, his legs would like disintegrate nearly instantaneously.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:23 PM, MKnight82 said:
On 12/3/2018 at 11:20 PM, Thaiphoon said:

We are not omnipotent. We are subject to physical laws like the rest of us mortals.

Does @Woz agree with this?

We do a ton of drudge work for no pay ... yeah, "omnipotent" is not what I would call us.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:24 PM, Thaiphoon said:

I'd ask him. But he conveniently left me to babysit...err...moderate the forum, alone, tonight.

It is called "character building."

You needed more.

I'm sure.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:17 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Georgia Frontiere was forced to sell her team. If Snyder steps in it enough (what ever IT is), the NFL has ways of forcing owners to sell

Umm ... well if you want to call "dying" being forced to sell the team, then yes.

On 12/4/2018 at 4:59 AM, turtle28 said:
On 12/3/2018 at 11:17 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Georgia Frontiere was forced to sell her team. If Snyder steps in it enough (what ever IT is), the NFL has ways of forcing owners to sell

Yeah, and we can’t discuss why in here but we all should know why, same with Richardson in Carolina. 

Are you guys thinking of Marge Schott?

Archived