Week 13: Iggles Wiggles

Ghostnote

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That happens with every team and the only player I can think of with a torn pec the last 2 years is Scherff. Orakpo & Keenan Robinson haven’t been on this team since 2014 & 2016.

Cooper tore a tendon in his bicep, clearly NOT a muscle injury.

Players get hurt ankles and knees (which is ligaments) all the time on all teams.

Hamstrings happen to skill position players a lot on all teams.

All of that is a result of over training and poor recovery.

And the Redskins remain amongst the unhealthiest teams year after year

13 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

All of that is a result of over training and poor recovery.

And the Redskins remain amongst the unhealthiest teams year after year

in the last 2 years the redskins have sent 44 guys to the IR. 

Strength and Condition coaches need to go. and they can take Bruce Allen with them. 

3 hours ago, mike23md said:

in the last 2 years the redskins have sent 44 guys to the IR. 

Strength and Condition coaches need to go. and they can take Bruce Allen with them. 

Aren’t they the same guys who were our strength and conditioning coaches in 2015 & 16 when we didn’t have as many injuries?

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Aren’t they the same guys who were our strength and conditioning coaches in 2015 & 16 when we didn’t have as many injuries?

Different head strength and conditioning coach. Chad Engelhart is the current guy. 

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Wrong...Dude. I already told you that we have ranked among the worst for at least the past 4 years. 

51 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Different head strength and conditioning coach. Chad Engelhart is the current guy. 

Same regime though. We PROMOTED ENGLEHART from the previous staff. You can change S&C coaches and still keep the same principles of training. So just because we changed a head guy doesn't mean that he also isn't poo poo either

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Since we have to play Groundhog Day again with this, I'll repeat it one...more...time. Please bookmark this so you can refer back to it.

Football Outsiders have a metric called Adjusted Games Lost (AGL). It includes players who missed games due to injuries and weighing the raw number based on whether the player was a starter or a reserve. They also factor in the diminished capacity of a player who is on the injury report but plays anyway.

With that said, they ranked EVERY team at least from 2014 onward (they have rankings before that and we don't shake out that well before then either - I'm just focused on recency). And here is how we ranked vs. the rest of the league.

Year / Rank (low # is better)

2014 = 24th (*)

2015 = 31st  (*)

2016 = 10th (Offense) / 31st (Defense)

2017 = 31st (Offense) / 27th (Defense)

So for at least the last 4 years, we have been around the worst teams in the league in terms of health. 

(*) I could not find the split for this. This appears to be the total team

Now, I'll just sit back and watch you zero in on the 2016 offense as proof that everything is just fine.

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Since we have to play Groundhog Day again with this, I'll repeat it one...more...time. Please bookmark this so you can refer back to it.

Football Outsiders have a metric called Adjusted Games Lost (AGL). It includes players who missed games due to injuries and weighing the raw number based on whether the player was a starter or a reserve. They also factor in the diminished capacity of a player who is on the injury report but plays anyway.

With that said, they ranked EVERY team at least from 2014 onward (they have rankings before that and we don't shake out that well before then either - I'm just focused on recency). And here is how we ranked vs. the rest of the league.

Year / Rank (low # is better)

2014 = 24th (*)

2015 = 31st  (*)

2016 = 10th (Offense) / 31st (Defense)

2017 = 31st (Offense) / 27th (Defense)

So for at least the last 4 years, we have been around the worst teams in the league in terms of health. 

(*) I could not find the split for this. This appears to be the total team

Now, I'll just sit back and watch you zero in on the 2016 offense as proof that everything is just fine.

So, if we get a new strength & conditioning coach next year bc we’ve cleaned house and our injury prone players (TWill, Moses, JReed, PRich, CT, JDoc etc) continue to get hurt, my question is, will you come back and say,

“You know what Turtle, you were right. It was because we had injury prone players who get hurt every year, and not all the conditioning/training staffs fault.”

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So, if we get a new strength & conditioning coach next year bc we’ve cleaned house and our injury prone players (TWill, Moses, JReed, PRich, CT, JDoc etc) continue to get hurt, my question is, will you come back and say,

“You know what Turtle, you were right. It was because we had injury prone players who get hurt every year, and not all the conditioning/training staffs fault.”

I am coming back at you and saying, why cant you just agree. Is there any reason why you cant put the blame on a coach for the fact they have produced terrible results on guys that have generally not been hurt. Or can you realize that maybe since it is a physical sport outside of Rugby, people are going to get injured. But not this many, from a single team, in the last 4 years, has a team been so injury riddled. 

The facts are there and you can't say, wow, you're right. No, you go back to a what if scenario to believe in some form or another that there is a microscopic level of being right. 

I really dont care how you approach this, but facts are facts. This S&C staff has been abysmal and when a level of measure was put behind it, it verified the assumption. 

Image result for mic drop gif

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

I am coming back at you and saying, why cant you just agree. Is there any reason why you cant put the blame on a coach for the fact they have produced terrible results on guys that have generally not been hurt. Or can you realize that maybe since it is a physical sport outside of Rugby, people are going to get injured. But not this many, from a single team, in the last 4 years, has a team been so injury riddled. 

The facts are there and you can't say, wow, you're right. No, you go back to a what if scenario to believe in some form or another that there is a microscopic level of being right. 

I really dont care how you approach this, but facts are facts. This S&C staff has been abysmal and when a level of measure was put behind it, it verified the assumption. 

Image result for mic drop gif

I can’t agree because I don’t agree with you all, obviously. I think we have some injury prone players and I think that they’d get injured anywhere they’d play.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I can’t agree because I don’t agree with you all, obviously. I think we have some injury prone players and I think that they’d get injured anywhere they’d play.

44 in the last 2 years as injury prone. Seriously. 

And even after the FACTS are stated, you stil think its due to being injury prone? I think I have heard it all. At some point you have to tell yourself its ok to be wrong. 

Archived