Week 13: Iggles Wiggles

Ghostnote

42 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Ace Ventura/Dumb and Dumber are @MKnight82 and I generations Aminal House. Sort of. I don’t know how to put it. Tommy Boy etc. those will be our classics. They’re always funny. I don’t have the proper age ratios.  We can get into Anchorman/ wedding crashers/ etc. too. 

I'm down with TommyBoy, Anchorman and Wedding Crashers. Just Jim Carrey has never really appealed to me after In Living Color

On 12/7/2018 at 10:17 PM, MikeT14 said:

Ace Ventura/Dumb and Dumber are @MKnight82 and I generations Aminal House. Sort of. I don’t know how to put it. Tommy Boy etc. those will be our classics. They’re always funny. I don’t have the proper age ratios.  We can get into Anchorman/ wedding crashers/ etc. too. 

I'm willing to grant Anchorman and Wedding Crashers that status. Maybe Ace Ventura (as on long as we can agree that that there is only one movie of that name). But I cannot get there with Tommy Boy (never been a fan or Farley's).

On 12/7/2018 at 11:01 PM, Thaiphoon said:

I'm down with TommyBoy, Anchorman and Wedding Crashers. Just Jim Carrey has never really appealed to me after In Living Color

Well, we need @Doc Draper's take. If he grants status of Anchorman and Wedding Crashers, then the "olds" will agree for those movies. Actually, need @turtle28's take as well.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

I'm willing to grant Anchorman and Wedding Crashers that status. Maybe Ace Ventura (as on long as we can agree that that there is only one movie of that name). But I cannot get there with Tommy Boy (never been a fan or Farley's).

I saw wedding crashes in theaters 3 times. 

On 12/9/2018 at 1:46 PM, Woz said:

Well, we need @Doc Draper's take. If he grants status of Anchorman and Wedding Crashers, then the "olds" will agree for those movies. Actually, need @turtle28's take as well.

I like them all. I love Tommy boy and black sheep, I still have the DVDs. I have Anchor man 1 & 2, Wedding Crashers, Ace Ventura, Old School, Dumb & Dumber etc on DVD. I have been to St. Michaels, MD where they shot Wedding Crashers, it’s awesome and highly recommend for a get away weekend with the wife/girl friend/side piece/mistress/sugar baby, whatever you’re into. 

Dumb & Dumber, Ace Ventura, Adam Sandler Movies, Chris Rock, I can watch all of the classics comedies from the 90s and early 2000s on a binge weekend and love it! 

Old School is probably my most favorite comedy though. I love that movie.

On 12/9/2018 at 1:45 PM, Woz said:

Wedding Crashers is Vince Vaughn's Fletch movie.  No one since Chevy has had that fast talking narcissism down so perfect. 

Look at the cast of Anchorman, you've got Ferrell during the peak of his power, Paul Rudd, Steve Carrell,  and the underrated David Koechner and Fred Willard.  Kelly Bundy is the cherry on top.  

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Wedding Crashers is Vince Vaughn's Fletch movie.  No one since Chevy has had that fast talking narcissism down so perfect. 

Look at the cast of Anchorman, you've got Ferrell during the peak of his power, Paul Rudd, Steve Carrell,  and the underrated David Koechner and Fred Willard.  Kelly Bundy is the cherry on top.  

Vince was awesome in Old School too!

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Agreed on this. But I think you need to include "Made" and "Swingers" and "Old School" as well with Wedding Crashers being the peak. That's the quad for VV in terms of the fast talking narcissism, for me. 

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Agreed on this. But I think you need to include "Made" and "Swingers" and "Old School" as well with Wedding Crashers being the peak. That's the quad for VV in terms of the fast talking narcissism, for me. 

Vince Vaughn's a bit weird in that he needs a partner to make his comedy work. What's weird about him is that he can play both the straight man (Dodgeball, Wedding Crashers) as well as the goofball (Swingers, Old School).

He cannot stand by himself, though.

Still, good movies. Not sure I put Swingers at classic level (don't think it has aged as well as the others), but good movies.

Archived