Ravens place Alex Collins on IR, activate Kenneth Dixon from IR-DR

wackywabbit

Collins was reportedly a full participant in practice yesterday. So, his true injury was not looking as good as the other backs. 

So, Collins encore season was a bust. I expect Buck Allen to also be phased out. Those two (despite vulturing a bunch of fantasy stats) were wildly inefficient as the RB duo and the Ravens have flipped the depth chart midseason. Gus Edwards is the starter now, Ty Montgomery will likely take Buck Allen's roles, and Dixon will get a shot to prove himself (likely teasing us with some good runs, before finding himself suspended or injured in two weeks). 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

How did Dixon look today? 

I remember him a few years ago doing extremely well in a primetime game in December and have been keeping an eye on him ever since. 

He looked decent. Didn't get very many reps but was able to finish the game without being injured, so that was awesome. Didn't make many flashy plays but did run hard between the tackles and fell forward a bunch.

EDIT: One thing I noticed is that he looks significantly more pudgy than he used to. He's definitely gained weight, and not in a good way.

8 hours ago, N4L said:

How did Dixon look today? 

I remember him a few years ago doing extremely well in a primetime game in December and have been keeping an eye on him ever since. 

He looked very ordinary, also a bit heavy and not very explosive. His first game in a couple of years though.

Archived