What prospect damaged himself the most?

BleedTheClock

Off the top of my head:

*Maurice Clarett: Although I will say this, people forget he was still drafted in the 3rd round (and then subsequently cut due to alcoholism and an atrociously bad decision to sign an incentive based contract)

*La-el Collins

*Marcus Lattimore: RB with a devastating knee injury

On 8/21/2017 at 4:40 AM, BigBillsFan13 said:

Vontaze Burfict comes to mind. Went from possible top 10 pick to UDFA due to off field issues, poor combine, positive drug test. 

He was never a top 10 pick of any sane person.

On 8/21/2017 at 7:21 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

Arian Foster was viewed as a 2-4th round guy following his Junior season, but stayed for his Senior season where he fumbled all the way to UDFA status.

Michael Bush was being touted as a 1st round pick and could have been one had he declared his Junior year. He then broke his leg the first game of his Senior season, and dropped to the 4th round.

There was a list of QBs who were touted as stars but opted for a Senior season that caused them to drop:

- Matt Leinert was talked about as a lock #1 pick, and would have went ahead of Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers in 2005 but stayed for his Senior season; He still went 10th overall, but Vince Young and Jay Cutler surpassed him.

- Brady Quinn was being hyped up as someone who would go ahead of Young/Cutler/Leinert, but stayed. Following draft, was sitting in the green room until the Browns picked him in the 20s, behind Jamarcus Russell.

- THAT year, Brian Brohm was viewed as a guy in that same stratosphere as Russell/Quinn, but opted for a Senior season at Louisville. He fell out of the first round entirely, getting picked by Green Bay in the 2nd round.

Well put together list!!!

On 8/20/2017 at 8:16 PM, jrry32 said:

There are better examples, but La'el Collins popped into my head. It wasn't all his fault (or mostly his fault). But he went from the first round to UDFA.

Yea that wasn't his fault at all, he got a raw deal there.

On 9/2/2017 at 5:21 AM, NFL_Announcer said:

I remember Brian Brohm was projected or mocked to go 1st overall if he came out in 2006, but he decided to return for 2007 and it cost him a crap ton of money when the Packers took him super late in the 2nd round. 

One of the main drivers of that preseason hype was Petrino leaving Louisville for the Falcons before Brohm's final season, and the Falcon being projected to have a high pick.

On 9/1/2017 at 3:21 PM, NFL_Announcer said:

I remember Brian Brohm was projected or mocked to go 1st overall if he came out in 2006, but he decided to return for 2007 and it cost him a crap ton of money when the Packers took him super late in the 2nd round. 

That was honestly one of the first names that came to mind when I saw the thread title.  But that might have been because the Packers drafted him.  I remember thinking he was a shoe-in as the top pick in 2006, or at the very least an easy top-5 pick.  But when he fell to the end of the 2nd round I was stoked about grabbing him.  And he look utterly miserable, and overwhelmed.

Archived