Allegiant Stadium Thread (Home of the Las Vegas Raiders)

RaidersAreOne

On 7/1/2020 at 12:23 AM, RuskieTitan said:

Having visited Vegas earlier this year, I have to say, I was not impressed with the vast majority of the buffets. Seems like more hype, or people just don't know what a good buffet actually is.

I feel like "good buffet" is kind of an oxymoron.  Like, a buffet is a "good" way to make a lot of different people reasonably satisfied.  That's more like...a mediocre compromise where everyone leaves medium happy.

On 7/8/2020 at 12:31 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

MetLife should be ashamed they built that hunk of junk while these new stadiums have been amazing. Raiders, Falcons, Cowboys, Rams and Vikings have gotten some amazing stadiums. 

I'd take MetLife stadium over the Roombadome any day.  MetLife to me, has at least a slight modicum of restraint and taste to it.  It's got a little bit of a "Modern NY Colosseum" sorta vibe to it.  Not everything has to be covered in shiny swoopy eye-catching stuff and filled with wizzbang "innovative features" to be a good "football stadium".

Especially don't get some of the other complaints about a lack of a roof at Metlife.  Like, roofs basically suck.  It's football.  Play it outdoors you wusses.  The elements are one of the most fun and often memorable parts of the unpredictability of football.  Why would you intentionally shut that out?

No accounting for taste though, i guess.

On 7/16/2020 at 4:58 PM, Deadpulse said:

but why? 

legit question

Like @N4L suggested, i'd imagine it was hugely influenced by the Vegas desire to have it be easily useful as a multi-use facility, during the week all-year round, even during football season.

But also, probably equally as much so that they could brag about having a grass field in a dome.  For whatever that's worth.

Not to sound like a hater but after seeing these images and the new Sofi stadium for the other teams---IDK but these new stadiums seem too......sterile. Like they are sweet  with technology but I dont know if Im a huge fan of them feeling overly corporate, sterile and sort of hollow. I get the same feeling with the Cowboys stadium.

I feel like them going over the top making all of them super modern takes away a lot of the character of it being a football stadium and makes the stadium feel sort of gimmicky

Edited by AkronsWitness

19 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like "good buffet" is kind of an oxymoron.  Like, a buffet is a "good" way to make a lot of different people reasonably satisfied.  That's more like...a mediocre compromise where everyone leaves medium happy.

As a las vegas local i go to a buffet about zero times a year. I think it's been like 14 years since I've been to one. They aren't good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 8:53 AM, AkronsWitness said:

Not to sound like a hater but after seeing these images and the new Sofi stadium for the other teams---IDK but these new stadiums seem too......sterile. Like they are sweet  with technology but I dont know if Im a huge fan of them feeling overly corporate, sterile and sort of hollow. I get the same feeling with the Cowboys stadium.

I feel like them going over the top making all of them super modern takes away a lot of the character of it being a football stadium and makes the stadium feel sort of gimmicky

The thing is that! These owners are cashing in. 
it’s no longer about football! It’s about hosting major events that bring in major $$$ year round. It’s in the heart of entertainment baby. These owners care more about the $$$ and as a season ticket holder I’m all for it.. Im paying 50k for some nice seats and I better get my money back as well.. The days of stadiums like Lambo field are dead. No longer are they made football shrines.