Allegiant Stadium Thread (Home of the Las Vegas Raiders)

RaidersAreOne

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:25 PM, TENINCH said:

I see a lot of Super Bowls being hosted there. 

I'll be surprised if it's not there every 4-5 years.  For the most part I bet we start seeing a rotation that includes Dallas, LA, and Vegas with filtering in 1-2 alternate sites in every cycle like NY, Miami, Indy, etc...

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'll be surprised if it's not there every 4-5 years.  For the most part I bet we start seeing a rotation that includes Dallas, LA, and Vegas with filtering in 1-2 alternate sites in every cycle like NY, Miami, Indy, etc...

Houston is now firmly in that rotation. We've been killing it on SB week, moreso than that dump up I-35.

New Orleans as well, it's just as much a destination city as Vegas...

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Houston is now firmly in that rotation. We've been killing it on SB week, moreso than that dump up I-35.

New Orleans as well, it's just as much a destination city as Vegas...

I think we're discounting Atlanta here as well. Lots of great new stadiums that should be hosting super bowls. I think New Orleans could get pushed out of that rotation.

Atlanta

Las Vegas

Los Angeles

Miami 

Houston

Dallas

And that's just the newer, nicer (or refurbished) stadiums off the top of my head. 

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

There are too many good stadiums for that often 

Edited by BigMountainGoat

here's the current list that takes us out to 2024, Las Vegas would most likely be next up

2020     South Florida, Hard Rock Stadium, Super Bowl 54
2021    Tampa, Raymond James Stadium, Super Bowl 55
2022    Los Angeles, Los Angeles Stadium, Super Bowl 56
2023    Glendale, University of Phoenix Stadium, Super Bowl 57
2024    New Orleans, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Super Bowl 58

Some of the newer nicer stadiums might only get a one shot at hosting.  I think it circles back to Dallas at least in the short term because of Jerry's pull as an owner.  Miami and New Orleans are more of a destination city than Houston or Atlanta, I could see both of the latter two getting pushed out despite the qualifications (I think a lot of this is going to be about influence more so than competency).  I guess you'd have to thrown Indy in there as well as possibly pushed out being a cold weather city.  Tampa and Glendale have been part of the rotation because of weather and tradition, we'll see if those factors keep them in.

18 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I think a lot of this is going to be about influence more so than competency

Exactly.
NFL wants to turn the Draft into a major event too, allows them to give something to the influential owners who don't get a SB
With Vegas likley getting the 2025 SB, that puts any other host cities all the way out to 2026

I can’t wait for the stadium to be built so I can go on cheap flights from Denver and watch the Broncos Raiders game every year. I’m just hoping It won’t be like the black hole and I’ll have to fear for my life. But I assume there will be PLENTY of other Broncos fans there given the proximity and it being Vegas. 

On 5/8/2019 at 1:24 PM, scar988 said:

I think we're discounting Atlanta here as well. Lots of great new stadiums that should be hosting super bowls. I think New Orleans could get pushed out of that rotation.

Atlanta

Las Vegas

Los Angeles

Miami 

Houston

Dallas

And that's just the newer, nicer (or refurbished) stadiums off the top of my head. 

Having a new stadium, IMO, doesn't boost your chances of routinely getting the SB. Its all about the city. That's why Miami and New Orleans, and soon Las Vegas, will always get a lot of chances to host. 

14 hours ago, Twizlers said:

I can’t wait for the stadium to be built so I can go on cheap flights from Denver and watch the Broncos Raiders game every year. I’m just hoping It won’t be like the black hole and I’ll have to fear for my life. But I assume there will be PLENTY of other Broncos fans there given the proximity and it being Vegas. 

I think most fans will be doing the same as you. Every single fan that plays the Raiders in Vegas will have that date circled from schedule release. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 12:38 PM, BayRaider said:

I like the Vegas stadium a lot more than the L.A. stadium after looking at renderings of both. LA stadium reminds me of Levi’s, soulless. The Vegas stadium has plenty of personality. Plus the black trim looks amazing. 

I agree I'm not a huge fan of the LA Stadium but I like the Inglewood location next to The Forum and the possible new Clippers arena. 

Does indeed look soulless compared to LA Coliseum and Rose Bowl.

• 3 weeks later...