Allegiant Stadium Thread (Home of the Las Vegas Raiders)

RaidersAreOne

the stadium exterior looks so clean and mixed that with the Vegas skyline? man. I can see that place being ranked high when it comes to beloved sports venues a generation from now due to all the sporting events it will have, great stadium and its Vegas

Edited by August4th

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Roof is retractable right? Still, Raiders might slowly turn into a dome team. Weird. 

EDIT: The roof isn't retractable? So they WILL be a dome team? 

The roof does not retract. It's obviously see-through and lets in light but not heat. 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The roof does not retract. It's obviously see-through and lets in light but not heat. 

I know a lot of new stadiums are probably geared towards being domes due to the ability to host other events, but it would have been cool in my opinion if the Raiders stayed a non-dome team. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I know a lot of new stadiums are probably geared towards being domes due to the ability to host other events, but it would have been cool in my opinion if the Raiders stayed a non-dome team. 

You nailed it, Vegas is all about tourism and events. They'll use this facility year round for every possible event and a dome definitely makes that possible. Playing in the elements is fun and all and I don't want us to get too comfortable in a dome then suffer once we play outside, but at the end of the day it's probably what's best for everyone considering they play in a desert.

Hell, Raiders fans can be the LAST team to complain about a new stadium compared to this...

coliseum-generalview-ap.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 1:07 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

You nailed it, Vegas is all about tourism and events. They'll use this facility year round for every possible event and a dome definitely makes that possible. Playing in the elements is fun and all and I don't want us to get too comfortable in a dome then suffer once we play outside, but at the end of the day it's probably what's best for everyone considering they play in a desert.

Hell, Raiders fans can be the LAST team to complain about a new stadium compared to this...

coliseum-generalview-ap.jpg

That is almost as hard to look at as the dolphins stadium with the crazy shadows from the over hangs.

• 2 weeks later...