Jump to content
RaidersAreOne

Las Vegas Raider Stadium

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Good weather? Over 100 every day in summer and under 40 every day in winter everywhere that’s not the Bay Area.

The Bay Area is nice but unless you and your spouse are making 200k each, not worth the housing costs. 

The climate is incredibly mild in California. Particularly down towards Los Angeles. Have you ever lived there? And San Diego is basically like between 60-80 degrees all year long. It's like paradise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Non-Issue said:

The climate is incredibly mild in California. Particularly down towards Los Angeles. Have you ever lived there? And San Diego is basically like between 60-80 degrees all year long. It's like paradise.

Have you ever lived in the central valley? Home of Redding, Chico, Sacramento, Stockton, Modesto, Fresno, Bakersfield, etc. This is far far from paradise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Have you ever lived in the central valley? Home of Redding, Chico, Sacramento, Stockton, Modesto, Fresno, Bakersfield, etc. This is far far from paradise. 

lol I know. Those cities are paradise if you live for fighting in parking lots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, N4L said:

.... and there is a greater number of people moving here for the high paying jobs and good weather 

I am happy to see the raiders go. 

I wish whoever designed the Vegas stadium could have designed Levi's stadium..

I love Las Vegas. That is probably the only place I'd want to live if I moved back to the USA. Bay area is just too much of a hassle.

If the 49ers were to ever leave the bay area, Las Vegas would have been great. If I'm a Raiders fan I'm excited about the move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I love Las Vegas. That is probably the only place I'd want to live if I moved back to the USA. Bay area is just too much of a hassle.

If the 49ers were to ever leave the bay area, Las Vegas would have been great. If I'm a Raiders fan I'm excited about the move.

I've lived in a lot of places in the US, Vegas is by far my favorite. Don't think I'll be leaving. It's got it's flaws, like any city, but I love most of what it offers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, I <3 Faulk said:

I always find it funny every time I drive by it and see the billboard saying "Las Raiders"... Dodgers do "Los Dodgers" but it makes sense... 

And the huge billboard with Jon Grudens face lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks pretty awful and tacky to me.  Gonna look really dated in a hurry i think.  As do a goodly number of deliberately "futuristic" building attempts.  Certainly not anywhere near my aesthetic preferences.

But then, it does kinda fit the loud and obnoxious design theme suitable for Vegas and it'll be tacked on around all manner of different sorts of buildings of assorted style.  It has an element of "look at me" flash that kinda fits.  So maybe it'll just blend into the big loud hodgepodge of Vegas stuff.

 

It's pretty funny, they opt not to bother with a retractable roof because it's big, complicated, expensive, etc.  But their "solution" is to build an entire retractable/sliding field tray to get the grass outside to grow.  That's...something.  It does seem like a retractable roof in the Vegas sun would be pretty pointless though.  Makes a lot of sense not to bother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Have you ever lived in the central valley? Home of Redding, Chico, Sacramento, Stockton, Modesto, Fresno, Bakersfield, etc. This is far far from paradise. 

Is that where people are moving for jobs though?

I feel like that's where this all started.

I don't know, but I don't think, that people are crowding to Fresno for all the Cali jobs. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

It looks pretty awful and tacky to me.  Gonna look really dated in a hurry i think.  As do a goodly number of deliberately "futuristic" building attempts.  Certainly not anywhere near my aesthetic preferences.

But then, it does kinda fit the loud and obnoxious design theme suitable for Vegas and it'll be tacked on around all manner of different sorts of buildings of assorted style.  It has an element of "look at me" flash that kinda fits.  So maybe it'll just blend into the big loud hodgepodge of Vegas stuff.

 

It's pretty funny, they opt not to bother with a retractable roof because it's big, complicated, expensive, etc.  But their "solution" is to build an entire retractable/sliding field tray to get the grass outside to grow.  That's...something.  It does seem like a retractable roof in the Vegas sun would be pretty pointless though.  Makes a lot of sense not to bother.

This one doesn't look like the schitty futuristic attempts (like Atlanta) to me.

It has very classical geometric lines.

I think it will age well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This one doesn't look like the schitty futuristic attempts (like Atlanta) to me.

It has very classical geometric lines.

I think it will age well.

I don't exactly love the new Atlanta stadium either, but i'd say there's far more simple geometric shaping going on there, than this swoopy black lit up Vegas design.  The Atlanta one doesn't even really strike me as all that "futuristic" looking.  It just kinda looks like it was supposed to be in Berlin or something.

This Vegas one looks like an overgrown cheap consumer electronic device or something to me.  Like when you go to best buy, that's the same "futuristic" style of all the cheap cordless telephones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

It's going to be interesting to see how they do in LV. 

LV is America's playground so there's always something else to do. I suspect after the shine wears off and many people get to experience it once, or experience it vicariously, people will be like "should we drop $200 on an NFL game...or one of these 15 other things to do".

However there will always be fans that make a trip out of seeing their favorite team too, so I'm torn. No other city would have this effect NEAR the level Vegas would.

 

I think they'll manage just fine there.  You know because it's Vegas, they're going to lean on a lot of the same stuff as the Golden Knights.  Integrating the gameday event with all kinds of that other "playground" stuff to make for a "Vegas experience" that'll be a bit unique.  Especially with having it situated apparently just off the strip.  I'm sure they'll do just fine marketing it as a unique way to take in NFL games for all those out of town fans and stuff.  The whole, "destination NFL attendance" thing.

That'll be the real interesting question for me though.  Whether that sort of model ends up eroding the "homefield advantage" or not.  I thought it would with the Golden Knights, but it doesn't seem to have really happened...at least not yet.  There always seems to be a strong Vegas fan contingent there.  Though an NFL stadium is obviously going to be a lot bigger, and i wonder if that will change the proportions around or not.  Whether it'll hold on if the team isn't as immediately successful as the Knights too (and whether the Golden Knights can hold onto that now that it appears the Cinderella start may be over).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've lived in a lot of places in the US, Vegas is by far my favorite. Don't think I'll be leaving. It's got it's flaws, like any city, but I love most of what it offers

What do you like about living in Vegas?  I've been there and it's a really fun place to visit, but I'm not sure about living there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

I love Las Vegas. That is probably the only place I'd want to live if I moved back to the USA. Bay area is just too much of a hassle.

If the 49ers were to ever leave the bay area, Las Vegas would have been great. If I'm a Raiders fan I'm excited about the move.

I like Vegas too but there's nothing like having a team in your backyard.

When a local team is winning there is a certain magic in the air that is hard to replicate. 

I'm sure Vegas was buzzzzzzing when the knights were making their run. I wish they would have won the cup, that 1000-1 would have been a boon for the local economy 

I understand why people would be upset their team is leaving. The people who are upset with the city of Oakland have misplaced aggression because the city has some serious issues and a finite amount of resources. They shouldn't spend a billion dollars on a stadium that gets used 8 times a year when they have over half their population well below the poverty line 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×