Allegiant Stadium Thread (Home of the Las Vegas Raiders)

RaidersAreOne

40 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Really?

I'm curious, as someone who has never been to Vegas and probably never will go...but isn't a good part of what they've been boasting about with this stadium the accessibility, convenience, parking and traffic situation, compared to most "downtown stadium" setups?  Seems like they'll immediately have a leg up on most downtown stadiums by having it just off the strip where you'll presumably have a ton of fans staying an easy (and fun?) walking distance from the building?  Or at least set up for really convenient shuttle service?

There's a ride sharing only loop they're building and a new monorail extension to Mandalay Bay that is within a 5-10 minute walk of the stadium I believe. I still think traffic will be pretty bad. 

Edited by UtahUtesFan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UtahUtesFan said:

There's a ride sharing only loop they're building and a new monorail extension to Mandalay Bay that is within a 5-10 minute walk of the stadium I believe. I still think traffic will be pretty bad. 

Bad traffic relative to other downtown stadiums though?  Or just...bad relative to not having a stadium there?  'Cause those sounds like really smart and convenient traffic mitigating considerations.

Like...i think "bad traffic" is just kinda inherent to cramming 60-100k people into one specific building at a time.  Multiplied if you're trying to do it in a downtown-adjacent location.  Just isn't really a non-traffic way to get people in and out in that kind of volume.

15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Really?

I'm curious, as someone who has never been to Vegas and probably never will go...but isn't a good part of what they've been boasting about with this stadium the accessibility, convenience, parking and traffic situation, compared to most "downtown stadium" setups?  Seems like they'll immediately have a leg up on most downtown stadiums by having it just off the strip where you'll presumably have a ton of fans staying an easy (and fun?) walking distance from the building?  Or at least set up for really convenient shuttle service?

nah man it's gonna be bad. Already a lot of traffic in that area.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

Nothing you can do about. Too many people

I wouldn’t doubt Levis has the worst traffic in sports. Doubt the NFL would do another Super Bowl there. I wonder how bad traffic is for the Giants/Jets. Technically they are in NJ so I’m assuming not too bad. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I wouldn’t doubt Levis has the worst traffic in sports. Doubt the NFL would do another Super Bowl there. I wonder how bad traffic is for the Giants/Jets. Technically they are in NJ so I’m assuming not too bad. 

Any LA game really

On 2/25/2019 at 9:02 PM, BayRaider said:

New York/New Jersey is built for seamless commutes. More than anything there’s just crowded areas between tourists acting like they’re in the Smithsonian every time they see lights and the obvious native New Yorkers. 

Bridges are rarely backed up on a Sunday and the stadium is so isolated there’s never going to be traffic intersecting your trip since the flow of traffic will always be going either to or from the stadium. 

Thats the benefit of not having a downtown stadium.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 2:11 PM, ninjapirate said:

As a person that lives in vegas parking and traffic around it are gonna be disaster. 

Very true. I just moved here about 7 months ago. Sunday home games will be brutal getting to work