FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League (Season 1)

Mr. bDoDDleS

MV7uKUv.png

Champions:
Season 1: Mr bDoddles

LEAGUE SETTINGS & RULES
Board of Commissioners:
@Dingo18287
@crab1106

16 Team H2H Categories 
4 Divisions of 4 teams
8 playoff teams (4 division winners + 4 wildcards)
Round 2 will be re-seeded by the results of round 1, like NFL & NHL. 
Playoff Ties (5-5, 4-4-2, etc) the win will go to the higher seeded team

Scoring H2H Categories
Hitters: On-Base Percentage  - Runs Scored - HR - RBI - SB
Pitching: ERA - WHIP - K - Wins - Saves + Holds

$10 yearly buy-in. 100% Payout ($160 pool)
Playoff Champion $80
Playoff Runner-up $40
4 Division Winners get $10 prize ($40)

MLB ROSTER FORMAT (20 active roster spots, 5 bench) (15 Keepers)
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, INF, OF, OF, OF, OF, UTIL
P, P, P, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP

MLB Rosters would need to be cut down to 20 one week after the end of the World Series. Then cut down to 15 (Keepers) two weeks before the Yearly Draft. (Date TBD)

MiLB ROSTER FORMAT (Prospects) 
Max 10 Minor League Players
10 Keepers

1. Players are eligible for the minor league roster if they are currently in the minor leagues.

2. Players can be moved from the major league roster to the minor league roster (demoted) if the player is currently in the minor leagues. Another minor league player may have to be dropped before a demotion can occur to keep the roster at 10 or less.

3. Players that have have been previously demoted (Rule 2) and are back in the major leagues in real life, are required to be added to the Major League roster (recalled) within 14 days of their first MLB game since their demotion. Players that are not recalled within 14 days will be dropped to the free agent pool.

4. Prospects that are called up to the MLB and play in an MLB game have to be added to your MLB roster (promoted) by the beginning of the following season. 

IR (DL) MANAGEMENT

• The Injured Reserve does not count towards the 25 man roster and is of unlimited space.
  • Players do not need to be on the real life DL to be placed on the IR. Players that are out of games due to injury will also be eligible, must have a red flag next to their name (Fantrax feature)
  • Suspended players are also eligible for IR
  • Players that are no longer injured or suspended must be added back to your MLB roster or dropped. Your transactions will be locked until they are.
  • Players on MiLB roster can NOT be put on IR, no matter their injury status

MiLB DRAFT PICK TRADING
a.) You may trade your current draft pick up until your trading window closes.   The team you trade the pick to still has to pick in the original draft window.

b.) You may not move players to the DL or to the minors to clear a roster spot until the completion of the draft. You may finish the draft with only 10 players on your MiLB roster. If your pick comes up and you currently have 10 players on your MiLB roster, then that pick will vanish.

ANNUAL DRAFT
February 1st (Slow Draft Every Year)
12 rounds Fixed Order Determined by Draft Lottery (see below) for non-playoff teams (8 teams). Playoff Team Draft Order to be Determined by Playoff finish.

Any players not currently on an Elite League Roster (MLB or MiLB)
However, you still can not go over a maximum number of MiLB roster players. Which means if you draft a MiLB prospect, to put that player on your MiLB Roster, you must cut a current MiLB Roster player (A) to make room. 

12 rounds but only 10 free roster spots, so if you want to skip your round 11 or round 12 draft pick, you are able to either trade or skip that pick to keep from going over roster maximum (MLB & MiLB)

RULE CHANGE WINDOW & PROCESS
1.) Rule changes moving forward will be proposed by any member. The BoC will decide if a change should be brought to a full-league vote and the majority (chances are high each proposal will be voted on, but some just get silly or change the whole league)

2.) Proposed rule changes will be proposed then voted on in the offseason, starting 2 weeks after the World Series, and before the keeper cut down to 15 date. (Encase a rule change effects keeper decisions).

FF New Elite League Franchise Owners:
@Mr. bDoDDleS
@Dingo18287
@crab1106
@Herbie_Hancock
@BillsGuy82
@Sllim Pickens
@biggio7
@klyon7634
@davisblack
@nagahide13
@Lions017
@tom cody
@I_GET_SAX
@freakygeniuskid
@TimeForChange
@kwolf68

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

Just now, beekay414 said:

20 teams may be too much 

Maybe. 20 is the high end depending on interest. That can be adjusted as we go, again, depending on how many interested parties we can get. Since I don't wanna strictly limit this to FF, we can look at outside members too and even have them join FF for the league or just take care of league business on Fantrax (capable)

Also, Fantrax allows me to make the league then completely remove myself as admin, unlike ESPN. So once the proposed league gets official members, I'll take nominations for commissioner then we as a league will vote on the nominations, and that person will be the only admin (LM) of the league. 

If this happens these are my gripes of bDs mind child: 1. needs to be bigger MILB roster. At 5 we still have people wrecking mlb roster competitiveness with prospects. 2. Saves and Holds together is bad. Its too hard to project. 3. We should use FAB $s for FAs

7 hours ago, crab1106 said:

If this happens these are my gripes of bDs mind child: 1. needs to be bigger MILB roster. At 5 we still have people wrecking mlb roster competitiveness with prospects. 2. Saves and Holds together is bad. Its too hard to project. 3. We should use FAB $s for FAs

1. Sure, I'd be open to bigger minor league roster. 5 was just a placeholder. As with 20 teams it would be around top 100 prospects on rosters.

2.  There some complaints in Elite that just saves weren't enough and wasn't enough to go around. I I figured in a proposed deeper league we'd just go ahead and make more RP viabale. I'm in full agreement with you, but if we go 20 teams or even 15. That leaves a median of 2 closers for each team, and there aren't 30 true closers, so the RP market gets really thin.

3. I'm open to using FAB, but don't see a big point to it in this proposed league as even in Elite FA pool is bare and with more teams and with prospects on their own roster. So adding FAB is just a a hinderace more than making FA a competitive process, but open to it. Just don't see the viabality.

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS