FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League (Season 1)

Mr. bDoDDleS

14 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

It's basically all the 3 teams that quit assets thrown into a pool and the 3 new owners draft them out. Keeps it fairer than one owner getting the runner up team as opposed to 2 non-playoff teams. Also allows 3 new owners to put their touch on their own roster as opposed to taking over someone elses.

I understand the premise of a dispersal draft, but if you're watching this from the outside it's all just a bunch of nonsense flying around. Like what on earth is happening in the draft thread?

Doesn't matter. xD

Waiting until it's all over with before I start making moves.

5 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

The question now becomes. I'm guessing we are going to do a "Slow Live Draft" on Fantrax like last year's full initial draft? I think that worked great and allowed us time to think before our picks and make trades between and during picks. If so, when do we get it started? Remember it's going to be 15 rounds, but only need to fill 10 MLB spots. The other picks are used to draft MILB players over your current MILB players. Picks are skippable BTW. 

That slow draft app was perfect for sure. I was thinking of keeping the date Fantrax set of Feb 1, there's more expert information available then. Thoughts?

Edited by crab1106

6 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

The question now becomes. I'm guessing we are going to do a "Slow Live Draft" on Fantrax like last year's full initial draft? I think that worked great and allowed us time to think before our picks and make trades between and during picks. If so, when do we get it started? Remember it's going to be 15 rounds, but only need to fill 10 MLB spots. The other picks are used to draft MILB players over your current MILB players. Picks are skippable BTW. 

I'm on board with that. I'm also on board to start whenever! I feel like we could start right now as long as we aren't imposing time limits on people that aren't prepared.

* s'pose we at least have to wait until rosters are normalized. With the dispersal draft over, I can safely start cutting players eh?

Edited by nagahide13

3 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I understand the premise of a dispersal draft, but if you're watching this from the outside it's all just a bunch of nonsense flying around. Like what on earth is happening in the draft thread?

Doesn't matter. xD

Waiting until it's all over with before I start making moves.

It's now over.

3 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

* s'pose we at least have to wait until rosters are normalized. With the dispersal draft over, I can safely start cutting players eh?

You can cut players whenever. The only deadline is getting down to 15 MLB guys (I think) 2 weeks before whatever draft date we start. 

1 minute ago, crab1106 said:

That slow draft app was perfect for sure. I was thinking of keeping the date Fantrax set of Feb 1, there's no expect information available then. Thoughts?

I think that works. LIS I'm guessing most owners will only use 11-14 picks. So I'd say 180 picks is a good estimate, which shouldn't take that long, considering the DD was 180 picks too and took 2 weeks?

36 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

I think that works. LIS I'm guessing most owners will only use 11-14 picks. So I'd say 180 picks is a good estimate, which shouldn't take that long, considering the DD was 180 picks too and took 2 weeks?

Def should be quick. Its also getting 16 teams on a roll as opposed to 3.

Made a small deal

Sending OF Willie Calhoun, 2020 3rd, 2020 4th (3), 2020 4(16)

For

2020 1st (8th overall)

Didn't really want to keep 4 OF and like Jake Fraley SB potential with Mercado and Eloy. Power shouldn't be a problem for me still. 

Potential keeper core

1B Anthony Rizzo

2B/SS Luis Urias

SS Xander Bogaerts

3B Nolan Arenado

3B Miguel Sano

1B/2B Michael Chavis

OF Eloy Jimenez

OF Oscar Mercado

OF Jake Fraley

SP Jack Flaherty

SP Jose Berrios

SP Zac Gallen

RP Edwin Diaz

RP Hector Neris

P One of Ross Stripling or Matt Strahm

16 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Sent Arenado for Lindor. 

Added a little speed. Willing to deal Bogaerts to a team in need of a SS 

Done. Think Lindor holds more value but absolutely love Arenado and what he brings to my team. I now own Arenado/Story/Blackmon so I should at least get one hr and 3 rbis a night from them combined alone haha

Made a Blockbuster with @Herbie_Hancock 

Sending

SS Xander Bogaerts

1B/2B Michael Chavis

SP Casey Mize

OF Tristen Lutz

For 

3B Eugenio Suarez

1B/2B/3B  DJ LeMaheiu

RP Kirby Yates

SP/RP Tucker Davidson

OF Jo Adell 

Accomplished most off season needs with this deal adding better OBP guys and adding team speed. Banking on Eloy Jimenez paying off for me this season. Love the prospects of Eloy and Jo Adell long term in my OF.

Updated keepers

1B Anthony Rizzo

2B Luis Urias

SS Francisco Lindor

3B Eugenio Suarez

3B Miguel Sano

1B/2B/3B  DJ LeMahieu

OF Eloy Jimenez

OF Oscar Mercado

OF Jake Fraley

SP Jack Flaherty

SP Jose Berrios